1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Video KAG Clips

Discussion in 'KAG Media' started by Contrary, May 5, 2012.

1. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Got Screencastomatic working again thanks to some people in IRC (Boxpipe and WanderMark, I think). Added a couple new vids to my channel, thinking of doing more.

Lemme know if you think I should continue, what you like/dislike etc.

Check out the rest of my videos here.

FG, Wolftrait, justi01 and 5 others like this.
  2. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

Why no Fraps?

And for some reason I can't watch it on the forums.

inactive_account likes this.
  3. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

4. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Fraps is crap, I have some Microsoft one, with that one you can do a bunch of stuff.

fishfinger73 likes this.
  5. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

Camtasia ftwz guise.

6. fishfinger73

fishfinger73 Haxor

Wouldn't you name the video 'KAG: Catapult'? Nice gameplay though :). It says "This video contains content from WMG. It is restricted from playback on certain sites." :huh?:

7. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I like how most of that video is just you owning pubs with a catapult, and using the bomb + cata = 120 stone bug. :D

Then again, I suck with catapults so I guess I'm just jealous.

8. Contrary

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

@Fraps: Fraps makes fat clips, costs money, and I'm bad with torrents. What's wrong with Screencastomatic? No sound kinda sucks but I'm on Mumble (as you can see, damn gotta turn off the overlay) so it doesn't matter anyways. Could add Audacity for sound but I have way too many programs on already. Is the quality not good enough/is sound that important?

@Killatron: Well as I've said, I'm open to suggestions. Not exactly sure which part of that is criticism. If it's about owning pubs, well clan matches aren't exactly super common, even more so now as most of the big clans are not wanting to play the recent builds. In the future I'll try to record some clan matches though.

If it's catapults, then I have done and can do other kinds of gameplay. I have some swordplay, some no-tickets clutch bomb slingin, and some (admittedly shoddy) archery. If you have ideas for other types of gameplay, I'm eager to hear them. Would like to keep things as fresh as possible. I've gotten pretty positive feedback on my cata work though, so It'll definitely be a mainstay if I keep doing this.

If it's using the bomb glitch, well then I have a bit to say about that. Everyone uses glitches unintentionally and intentionally and it's almost impossible to escape in KAG. Notching is glitching, vaulting is glitching, using boost pads is glitching, repairing enemy doors or drawbridges is gltiching, using acavado or corner spikes is glitching. I am suppose to be able to put bombs in catas, flinging bombs is an effective tool in its own right and something I would do regardless of the bug. I don't think I should avoid using this gameplay element because of this bug. But if this seriously hampers the entertainment value of my videos I am more than willing to take the extra time mining stone before I push.

thebonesauce and BeasterDenBeast like this.
  9. SirSammy

SirSammy Shark Slayer

Lol. I thought I saw myself in there :p

Good video though.

Contrary likes this.
  10. Wolftrait

Wolftrait Builder Stabber

Woah, that swordsman vid is pretty neat.
    A simple suggestion (if I'd be possible) would be to try to make the video fill the whole player.

11. Play with the zoom. No matter what class. An archer, a builder and a knight with a catapult are equally funny when doing this.

Contrary likes this.
  12. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I'm gonna start making KAG videos again. MAYBE WE CAN TEAM UP CON!

Contrary likes this.
  13. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

Ditto. Just gotta order my new microphone and laptop.

As for the recording program. I think that the best free software to use would be CamStudio. I know that some people are hating on it, but it is really not that bad if you don't have another licensed program.

It does compress its files on the go, unlike fraps, but it is still pretty light to run. And if I remember correctly it also allows you to record an active region, in other words, only the KAG window so there the borders of the window wont show up.

Since it is a free program you will also not have to worry about having some sort of watermark in your videos.

Lastly, it does allow you to record both video, out- and in-going audio, this is something that you can configure in the menu. It is all really pretty self-explanatory.

CamStudio was the program I used before jumping over to Fraps and it worked really well for me. There is just one small problems that some of its users have problem with, and that is that whenever you record the in-game audio it decided to use your microphone instead. There is a simple fix to this if I rememember correctly though. Hell, you might not even have the problem yourself!

Here is a link to CamStudio.

14. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

@TheWanderMark

Yay! Can't wait to see more KAG from you. :3

And can't wait till you get on mumble. :D

15. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

Well, I actually have an excuse for that now! My microphone isn't working. There is this really damn annoying white background noise to it. It was too be expected I suppose, it was getting old.

Planning on getting this
    I am not good with these sorts of microphones so I searched around for something easy to use and found this package. It is an usb microphone so you don't have to have access to an amplifier with an XLR connector.

It is cheap for what it is and I will get a pop filter with a stand for it as well.

16. Contrary

Yeah I'm up for a dual com any time, guys. I find it really awkward to do commentaries, mainly because I'm not really directing it towards someone. Maybe having someone else there would make it easier.

I tried Camstudio before and got extremely frustrated. My favourite thing about Screencastomatic is that it's simple enough for a caveman to use.

Haven't been playing KAG much recently, but I definitely want to pursue this more seriously this time. Will need time to get back in practice so I can output better gameplay quality.

17. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

Wanna dual com with a 12 year old? ;3

18. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

I am happy to do a dual com with anybody, just ask and I can record a match. ;)

19. DarkHairedIrish

DarkHairedIrish Shopkeep Stealer

I'd be totally willing to dual com if it would make it less "awkward to do commentaries." That and I've talked to you before (totally didn't sound like stalking.)
    If he offers you candy, don't get in his van!

PumpkingSlice, sj67 and Ghozt like this.
  20. Gamerbro

Gamerbro Drill Rusher

nice gameplay i enjoyed it alot :D