1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Fighting the undead - Now with friends! (build 393)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, May 14, 2012.

1. Madoka

Madoka Shopkeep Stealer

The actual "overpowered archer" discussion is about the archer's ability to spam arrows, being unstoppable if there is no friendly archers around (the archer's unability to destroy shops wouldn't fix it at all).
    Yesterday, I died twenty times between the crazy bomb spam the skilled knights used to administer. Today, I lol'd when they died because the team kills.

Rayne likes this.
  2. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

I think archers destroying workshops is ridiculous because the arrows can be going at any speed, and if a workshop is reachable by some slow, tall arc, then it's pretty much destroyed. maybe a fully charged arrow should be able to destroy workshops.

3. Madoka

Madoka Shopkeep Stealer

Who said otherwise? Read before answering!
    (Btw, stop being off topic and go to the Archer's discussion in the Classes and Mechanics section)

BlueLuigi and Rayne like this.
  4. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Correct, that has NOTHING to do with knight being fucked up.
    Stay on topic please.

By the way: We DID playtest this, I stayed up ALL night last night with Geti making sure shit like the bomb timer was fixed, and it WAS fixed, but "someone" made some changes last minute.

I am so rage right now.

tl;dr Geti is right.

Boxpipe, Halosnake, Downburst and 3 others like this.
  5. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

very awesome update gonna try zombie fortress now again :)

6. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

It pissed me off when : I was playing on a game, having fun making a base, with 7 other people. It was a huge base, and we had gotten up to a high night. Then I decided to go archer, and the zombies got into the base. My teammate was holding a keg, and the zombies were on the other side of it. I shot it and it exploded and collapsed the whole base, resulting in a permaban for me and lots of hard work blown up...

Just pointing out another thing needing fixing...
    </br>--- merged: May 15, 2012 5:25 AM ---</br>
    And nearly forgot, other than the above... Fantastic work! No big bugs found YET! :yes:

BlueLuigi likes this.
  7. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

Got shot through a door. That's a thing again, apparently.

8. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I don't believe the more advanced version that Kouji showed was ever fixed, but few of us that test often play good archers, will have to ask Kouji or killatron I guess to test this.

9. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

I think this is server side, and lagg, sometimes it seems shut where it would actually be open for a different player, I was talking to Carver about this and he said he also recognised this, but I do come to this conclusion because this only happens with doors.

Edit: I also did notice the items falling quickly, it used to do this with lagg, the bombs are a pain, but good work on the hats, and as I am writing this I found I got slashed while shielding, so stun, then he kind of went under me and picked me up, threw me and I died with the cooking bomb, so I just thought maybe stuns finish when you touch an opponent? (Besides when they are attacking)

10. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

Maybe Hellknights should attack zeds that get in the way of them and the player when enraged. You know, like the Fleshpound a la Killing Floor

Halosnake and BlueLuigi like this.
  11. Rayne

They actually used to do something like this, but then they'd just target the other zombies instead of going for you.

It was pretty hilarious to see a zknight killing everything though.

Boxpipe likes this.
  12. FG

FG Fran Donator

i went on kag.it updated but near the end of its update it crashed and i cant get back on kag

13. Creille

Creille Base Burner

I <3 YOU KAG DEV TEAM!!!
    you did what we asked and made a huge update that covered most aspects :)
    Also up comes Creilles <3 zombles Server :)
    one thing though bomb timings abit annoying :P is there a way i can mod this for my server?

14. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

We did do a bunch of testing with this version, it obviously isn't perfect but we did catch a lot of issues. Knight combat is much better sans the bomb problem. This is a tansitional phase for KAG as a lot of the code is being rewritten so there might be some derpy anomalies. Hang tight and remember to post bugs on mantis!

FuzzyBlueBaron and Rayne like this.
  15. Gamerbro

Gamerbro Drill Rusher

sweeeeet

16. Creille

Creille Base Burner

all the bomb time requires is a look at the wait time before explosion in the script (i'm pretty sure.) i'm thinking of having a look at changing it for my server if you guys allow it? (@guards and @Dev. team)

17. Rayne

bomb timer is modifiable in gamemode.cfg, it still goes down just as fast, btw.

Seems this bug is based on networking, only happens multiplayer, and around other players.

Boxpipe likes this.
  18. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

And it seems that bombs somehow blow up in your hand (Sometimes) if you are near other players or zombies.

19. knightl

knightl Base Burner

Just wondering, im not very up to date with zombies, are the zombies supposed to be able to squeeze through 1x1 holes?

20. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

They somehow always have been able to...