1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 190

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Creille, May 17, 2012.

1. Creille

Creille Base Burner

Is there a way i can get the download for build 190?
    that's my favourite and i want to play on it.
    I've checked the wiki and blog but i can't find an active download for it.
    also i plan to host a server on it for any other KAG dinasaurs who love the old KAG :)
    PLZ Help :)

2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Server would have to be a windows server, I'm not sure if the build should be just posted publically or what the plan is for that so I'll leave it for someone else to do, typing this from my phone or else I'd just PM it to you, sorry >.<

3. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Well if you're going to host a 24/7 server for it I don't see a reason why not to give it to you! :p

BlueLuigi likes this.
  4. Tyngn

Tyngn Ballista Bolt Thrower

I think this was mentioned in another thread and Geti said that they had lost all their data at some point so they dont have the build

5. Creille

Creille Base Burner

all good :) :) :) i have the build now THX to this kind person:

6. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

well if you hosting an outdated kag server it wont appear in the server menu and people who would like to play on it would also need to have that build and they would need to open it with noupdate. so i don't know if its feasible

7. Creille

Creille Base Burner

yes i have thought about this.
    they would have to have the build 190 to join the server. if it dosn't show up in the server list you can direct connect to the IP
    and i think i know how to get rid of the auto update :) Shouldn't be that hard :)

8. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Everyone that wants to play just deletes the autoupdater file and connects via direct connection. I've played several games of B190 KAG, and believe me it feels just as good as it did back when I first started playing it! ;)

Noburu and Contrary like this.
  9. Hoj

Hoj Builder Stabber

So simple to do a quick backup of data what the heck.

10. Creille

Creille Base Burner

my download of it got interupted downloading it again :)

11. Hoj

Hoj Builder Stabber

Go to the store and buy a big ol' pack of DVD's and go back home. And make copies of critical game files that's all it takes man. Back up the files, then backup the backups with other backup media to make sure things don't get lost or damaged. :B):

12. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

you said you're going to host a 24/7 server? can we get the server info then?
    Luigi and Darkhairedirish have both hosted servers on their computer for a while so we could play it, but if we could get a 24/7 server that would be sweet, since the lag was pretty bad on their locally run servers.

13. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

I think when he says 24/7
    He means off his computer 24/7
    He lives in Tasmania, about as far as you can get, right at the bottom of Australia, so you thought they lagged, you would just get insta-kicked.
    I may be wrong but I don't think run by someone else.
    Would you like to run one Rayne?

Creille likes this.
  14. Rayne

:QQ:

I don't have a windows server, only linux, which is why I do not run one.
    Unless someone out there has a copy of the linux server build for 190, we're shit out of luck on me hosting.

15. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Can't someone just give the windows one to you?

16. Rayne

I would have to pay, and fuck that.
    I only have my servers now thanks to FliesLikeABrick(aka FliesLikeABaws)
    Oh, I can't run off of my computer either cause it's bad.

Ghozt likes this.
  17. Creille

Creille Base Burner

once i get the download to work (it keeps getting interupted) i'll put a server up
    it won't be 24/7 (unless someone can tell me how to run a server while computers off)
    but you can just ask and i'll put it on when i'm ready :)

18. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

if 5 people put in $2 a month and we find a linux version (doesn't MM have a backup of all the versions?) i will manage a 24/7 dedicated server

19. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

There have been some people still mad about this yes, that backups would be very simple but are never done, in fact I'm pretty sure backups are still not kept, at least nowhere where we can reach them. I simply don't care because the recent builds suck, I do hope they start once we're back on a semi stable build.

20. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

I'm actually really happy with the latest build. It would be interesting to be able to compare it to 190, but I don't think the playability would be immensely different.

BoiiW likes this.