1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[394] Le Bear Tower

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Sarmane, May 17, 2012.

?

Would the Public like to see a guide and/or more designs of buildings?

1. Yes

82.9%
  2. No

17.1%
  1. Sarmane

Sarmane Go Tau'va yourself San Diego. Donator

[​IMG]

Purpose: Clan War or Public Game oriented, the Bear Tower (BT), primarily is a all round defensive base structure, whether it is situated right next to the HQ or serving as the frontal defense, your team can enjoy the benefits of knowing this baby is a bitch to take down.

Such a tower as shown has a lot of combinations, the essential requirements for the tower to operate are:
    1: knee capper- to limit the ability of opponent builders to termite into the base of the tower
    2:stacking- by providing two levels of tower defense, the tower is more difficult for an attacker to breach PLUS hold down
    3: able bodied defenders (minimal if needed- hordes of opponents can attempt attacking yet if a team of players who know their role in either repairing, shooting or fighting work together this tower can provide a significant level of home ground advantage) (Inquire with AOE members and the "AOE Vs Public" matches in which 4-6 defenders hold out against 14 and greater numbering opponents)

using concepts such as the:

-Knee Capper (which is required to follow the tile design shown to work)

-Stone Vaulting/Three door access (combined with stone vault to hinder opponent access)

-'Stacked Tower' (tower within a tower- double the line of defense)

-Back wall support (not provided extensively within picture- works well when combined with nearby structures)

-Archer over hang (combined with knee capper and entrance for multiple points of attack)

-Shop Overhang (general form of shop denying to opponents usage/sabotage

-Termite Roof (quick stone dropping both outside and inside tower on squishy intruders)

-door/bridge elevator (movement resistance for opponent builders from spamming ladders inside the tower to reach next level)

-secondary knee capper (third point of defense against internal opponents)

-catapult nest (roof provides improved cover)

Thanks for the view- comment on its feasibility in your own matches, successes/failures and if you would like to see a step by step guide to creating the tower quickly please do vote!

https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/394-le-bear-mountain-le-bear-cave.6369/#post-107683
    New Bear-tastic Defenses

nitecrawler3, Yess, CoughDrop and 8 others like this.
  2. Creille

Creille Base Burner

Question:
    what is with the ground at the front of the building what do the 2 deep holes do?
    Also why's there 3 parts of a quarters out the front on a stone?

These probably have something to do I'm just learning all I can :)
    *I'll show you something you should include later :) ATM I'm on iPod :P

3. Jomppexx

Jomppexx Shopkeep Stealer

1.Question:The holes are for bombs to fall in so they don't break everything :rollseyes:
    2.Question:I think they are just random :huh?:

inactive_account and Froghead48 like this.
  4. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I like it! I might try this out in Beo's today.

Creille, you better shrink that signature, if you know what's good for you...

Froghead48 likes this.
  5. Sarmane

as replied to before by Jomppexx the holes are bomb chutes- i wasnt aware of em until i saw another building thread (Strathos was named the author)- they are simply wonderful (more effective when in dirt too as it doesn't get affected)

the quarters and stone attached are a quick stone drop mechanism- i call it a termite roof- dunno what you want to call it but meh

the other quarters are used as a sort of slight anti-builder spam from opponents who will place more stone or disable the stone from you being able to vault

Thank you Bonesauce- i should make a guide to how it gets built quickest when in warm up stage but if you practice it might come to you in the process

6. Roc_Computer

Roc_Computer Shopkeep Stealer

Not to mention that building it in front of a tree helps prevent builders ladder spamming or stoning up the doors.

SARGRA13 likes this.
  7. Gamerbro

Gamerbro Drill Rusher

it's a cool loking tower :D

8. Bammboo

Bammboo Ballista Bolt Thrower

But by doing that enemy archers can climb up and your archers take longer to get up.

9. Roc_Computer

Roc_Computer Shopkeep Stealer

You forget overhangs and archers should not need to climb far to escape -_-

SARGRA13 likes this.
  10. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Sargra u told me you were going to 1-up me... more like over 9000 up. anyway time for me to out do you... hehehehehehehehe

soulrealm and SARGRA13 like this.
  11. Sarmane

ignoring the use of the stone drop, you will notice on the archer over-hang that there is half a door above the trapbrigde- this little piece of 30 wood screws over any archer ninja's for scaling over walls from bottom up-

*created by Cykalu, also the three door entrance which helps with vaulting, ALSO the interior stone drop (so basically the termite roof in general for this tower is all thanks to Cykalu.... hes a secret builder,

just. doesnt. know. it. yet. :D

</br>--- merged: May 24, 2012 6:37 AM ---</br>
    photos for guide are done.... now to just make the guide -_-

12. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Can still scale that wall. All you need to do is shoot the arrow before hand.

Although the only difference is that I would need to shoot an arrow on the stone block right below the door. If you want to make it archer proof, you'd need to make the nose that Wyeth showed here: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/349-turtle-bridge-tunnel.5429/

Matty_ and SARGRA13 like this.
  13. Sarmane

good point- ingame rarely seen, would two half doors work just as much?

14. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Making it taller doesn't really help, all that means is that it needs another arrow shot beforehand. Of course this only applies to archers who can actually arrow climb very well.

Ghozt and SARGRA13 like this.
  15. Sarmane

agreed theres not too many archers who can make it up the top of towers as such (what with all the pre shooting before venturing) and then seeing them play on aussie servers at the same time- again thanks for the help- clan wars will need to have different tops like you linked mabey/ try some tweaking

16. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

As long as there is no spikes, archers can make their way around any building, as long as they can pre-shoot there arrows.

Even along roofs, most of you would already know this, but I thought I would add this.

(Extremely good archers can make it up some spikes, but not all)

17. Jumpout

Jumpout Shopkeep Stealer

Wow, Absolutely loved building this, Bravo:thumbs_up:! +1

SARGRA13 likes this.
  18. Sarmane

thnx Jumpout

btw guide will be made within this week- sorry but imma lazy builder when it comes to organising the photos

19. superpokes

superpokes Bison Rider

I like this tower, but I really don't understand this
    [​IMG]

20. Jumpout

Jumpout Shopkeep Stealer

I'm assuming that the shown there is probably a herp derp :L