1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Wiki Wiki Contributors needed!

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by Wyeth, Nov 15, 2011.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

Im already helping there :D

Anyway somebody needs to create pages for premium workshops. (cant do that since i aint premium)

illu likes this.
  2. dnmr

dnmr Ministry of ban Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

a quick note about creating new pages about blocks/objects: you need to create a template with the data first (like this yes), and output it through another template in the actual page (like here, with just one line {{Keg|Block overview}} ). This way we can use the same data records in any kinds of tables we want (by pushing them through different templates), and easily update the data when necessary. It's really simple when you get a grasp of how it works.

3. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

Meh too lazy...

4. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I mean no offense to the international members of the community, but I think that the non-English language pages are completely useless. It wouldn't be so bad if so it weren't for the fact that 98% of them are completely out-of-date and uninformative. In fact, many are pretty much blank. See this list for some.
    This might be a bit much to ask, but if you're not going to delete them, could you think of a way to separate them so they will not appear when I click Random Page? I use that to surf for pages that can be changed around.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  5. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I don't recall if a user with more power is required but you should be able to move them to a page with a proper language label for example Es:Stone Block
    for Spanish.

This is usually the problem with multiple languages and the wikis, if there was an easy way to write the content holding stuff once to only have to keep one thing up to date but have the language choose based on what you select it would be easier, but i don't know of an MW plugin that does that and I've always had difficulty with this when dealing with other wikis.

If you need any templates made I'm busy recently but still free to help out with it, though last I checked the wiki the templates and such were beautifully done.

Raron likes this.
  6. Anons

Anons Unknown Member Donator

I'll give a helping had with the wiki if the help is needed.

GHOZT likes this.
  7. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

Guess whos stuck to update them.Though i have to give you a like for making them look so good.

8. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

If I made it seem that I did, I did not make those templates :P

If you need help updating things such as moving around language files I don't mind helping when I get spare time, since I can probably do it easily.

9. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

I could help on the french wiki. Only. :shad:

10. dnmr

I've been updating the wiki today, mostly some templates (since it's pretty messed up atm).

Done so far:
    - created a new template for the workshop overview box and updated individual data templates to work properly with it. Previously they were sharing the same template with single blocks and objects, which grew to be too convoluted and created problems.
    - created a page listing all workshops, and the template used to populate it with data from individual data templates
    - made a rough object overview box template (modified from the old block overview ofc), will probably need more work later on. Gotta go through all objects first and see how well it fits them

to do:
    - go through ALL objects, update them to use the new overview box template and clean up the pages. There's still a lot of artifacts floating around, such as catas being in the "blocks" and "buildable" categories
    - clean up the workshop pages
    - reduce the block template to work for blocks only, and nothing else
    - update block pages

If you want to help, come on the irc channel and slap me a couple of times (#kag.wiki @ QuakeNet). I'll get on fixing the block overview template next

illu likes this.
  11. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

Meh guess whos stuck with to do list stuff :P

12. dnmr

-cleaned up workshop pages a bit - removed extra nav bars and category tabs, etc
    -removed a bunch of fields from the block overview template. This should fix a lot of visual bugs in the boxes
    -removed some archaic categories, throwing all objects into one category now
    -scanned through all block pages fixing minor things and moving spanish pages to the blocks/es category :huh?:
    -went through objects and categorize some stuf, but it's still pretty messy
    -removed bloating content and marked some pages as stubs

still to do:
    -proofread everything and bring the content quality up to the best possible level (someone else do that please)
    -add some more meat to the stubs, as well as update content that is not up to date
    -write a thorough explanation on how things are set up right now, describing all the template voodoo that is going on (planned for the nearest future)
    -decide what to do with bombs and arrows, will probably need to move them to separate pages again, gotta try to think why they were merged with knight/archer pages.

SARGRA13, illu and trelawney like this.
  13. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I made a category for premium features. Then I tried to make a template similar to {{Needs Content}} that writes that it's for premiums only and puts it in Category:Premium. I put in
    Code:
    <div class="infobox obsoletebox">
    because that picture looks the most premium related. Is there a way I can make my own infobox? I think it should be gold colored and have a star. (All my wiki and coding knowledge comes from trial and error, since I have no other experience)

14. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

Raron likes this.
  15. ParaLogia

YAY!
    Wow, I didn't think it was that simple. Thanks for the help!

illu likes this.
  16. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

Hm, i think i could try this... but all i ever did was make this page. wich is just a translation of the english page. (the dutch translation project is pretty much dead anyway...)
    That said, i would be more then happy to set up a dutch translation project once it is needed. (wich is probably not soon)

17. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

Could someone please put the planned workshops on the Wiki? (Bank, Carpentry Shop, Doorway, Library, Nursery, Smelter, and Smith Shop.)

18. a4blue

a4blue Builder Stabber

i think they're not really planned, but made for modded server, so that they can add workshops with other functions, like a shop and then you take the texture of the library. but it seems that the Nursery is planned, because in the default configuration the nursery is implemented, but does not work for now ;)
    ===================================================================
    P.S. Should tutorials/how-to's been posted to the wiki or the forum for creating a modded server ??

19. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

I think the bank is planned though, the doorway is planned too.

20. a4blue

a4blue Builder Stabber

do you have a source ??
    because i didn't found it :D

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97