1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Banned on server because of disconn?

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Ferris, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ferris

Ferris Shipwright

So, I was recently playing on an amazing server with quite a few guards and other prem members. When suddenly, I network disconnected. Normally, this isn't much of a problem to me, I just reconnect and it works fine. But when it disconnects my computer (Laptop using network via wifi), it obviously cuts off my internet. So, I was disconnected from the server. After reconnecting to my network and gaining internet access agein I reopened KAG and discovered that attempting to reconnect to the server returned that I was banned. For no reason. Help? How can I fix this problem? I did nothing on the server to warrent a ban, and all the guards online where friendly and nice to me, likewise in reverse.

2. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

What you are seeing is most likely a ping banned, which only last 5-7 minutes, and can be removed sooner by either and admin unbanning you or the server restarting, as long as an admin or guard did not freeze you and kick you, you did not need to worry about a pro-long or permanent ban. :)

knightl and Titmau5 like this.
  3. Garreth

Garreth Catapult Fodder

In such a case it's best to contact the server admin if you are banned only on that particular server.

There is also a possibility, that you disconnected and server missed that event, so that you looked like AFK player. Others might have kick-voted you, which also results in a ban.

4. kebabs44

kebabs44 Shark Slayer

With the new build, ping bans are now only 2mins. :)

5. Ferris

Ferris Shipwright

I was never AFK nor did I get votekicked. I got back in. Thanks guys!

6. AvocadoRogue

AvocadoRogue Catapult Fodder

Finding that I had the same problem, I just wanted say "thank you" for this bit of information- I began playing last night, and was more than a little disappointed when I found myself being "banned" from active servers left and right. :rollseyes:

7. PenultimatePanda

PenultimatePanda Shipwright

Just wondering what would happen if you got frozen and then while frozen got disconnected because of a bad connection or something other than you purposefully leaving?
    Probably a small risk of something like that happening but it would be very annoying if it did just like it would be terrible to get VAC banned in Steam because of an account hack. Couldn't find anybody on the forums complaining of this happening but hey it could still happen.

8. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

Ah yes the griefers or hackers favorite excuse...I had bad connection and dissconected while i was frozzen. Please help!!!111!!!11!

KnightGabe13 and justi01 like this.
  9. PenultimatePanda

PenultimatePanda Shipwright

I'm sure that has been used as an excuse but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen to someone. Is there no way for a guard to see why someone left a game? In Altitude it says if someone left a game or got disconnected its a very nice feature.

10. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

Well yes...
    We can see for what "reason" they left :P
    Still griefers and hackers dont know that ;)

11. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Apart from that, if you get disconnected when you're frozen you're only banned for a short amount of time.

And not globally, just on that server. Just like you would get banned for a short amount of time on that server if you're not frozen..

PenultimatePanda likes this.
  12. Markoss

Markoss Bison Rider Official Server Admin

my said :QQ: :oops:::(: aphelion my banned forever nooooooooo :QQ:

13. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

That was hell of a necro post, and I don't really think even on topic. Closing.

blackjoker77777 and link6155 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.