1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Tribes: Ascend [Shazbot General]

Discussion in 'Other games' started by BlueLuigi, Feb 11, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. dnmr

dnmr Ministry of ban Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Acknowledged, General Shazbot. IGN: dnmr

Also, did anyone get the RDR pack? If so, you can start officially hating yourself D:

BlueLuigi likes this.
  2. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

What is all this VGTG VGN VGTA craziness?

Is it for emotes?

Would play but computer can't handle it.

3. Sarmane

Sarmane Go Tau'va yourself San Diego. Donator

one word sums up my enjoyment here in those 10 days: Tank- nothing greater then defending/attacking in a Beowulf and wiping out half a team of sandrakers (specially dem pathfinders so squishy) course doombringers are just poo ruining my fun from far away (my cannon can only hit targets so well before missles are inbound :/)

Arcite likes this.
  4. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Voice Command system, pretty much :)

5. Vogie

Vogie A Madman and a Scholar Donator

just started playing 2 days ago and i am so damn addicted to this game. name is MVogie. i love being a pathfinder, feels like i'm flying.

Arcite and BlueLuigi like this.
  6. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I need more fags, I mean friends, some of you didnt post your IGNs.

Arcite likes this.
  7. dnmr

Arcite and Noburu like this.
  8. Noburu

Too bad I will be at work most of it. Guess I will have to cut out some sleep :p
    </br>--- merged: Jun 4, 2012 1:57 PM ---</br>
    Just went 19 kills/14 assists (highest of both in the match), most money spent, most money earned, and got the killing spree award while still learning doomie HoF. Topped the server by a large margin thanks to early morning scrubs. I dont even have super heavy yet. HoF is so much fun. Sorry for the shitty SS, but apparenty Tribes freaks out if you alt/tab on the match summary. So much XP because I got the Utility III badge from mine kills.

If you can run this game and havent tried it yet, you should!

Tribes.png

EDIT: Also wtf hasnt Hi-Rez fixed the 100 UI bugs and malfunctions yet?

Arcite likes this.
  9. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Is there a time to play that isn't full of those super bad players?

10. Noburu

Apparently not. Most every match is a one sided steamroll. Also frequently seems to be a few players rolling w/ voice chat that straight rape everyone else.

11. dnmr

you might be lucky to find a custom server with a minimum rank restriction, with skilled players on there.But otherwise, yeah.. gen parties and steamrolling :/

Noburu, you can start the game from steam (Games -> Add a non-steam game) and be able to use the overlay chat and steam screenshotting. Works wonders.

And yeah, a skilled HoF can do a lot in a pub game, especially if he doesn't get shelled to hell :P

12. Noburu

Yeah I know that but at the TIME I was screwed. The game doesnt let you view your last match played stats once you exit.
    </br>--- merged: Jun 18, 2012 1:25 PM ---</br>
    Just saw this on the Tribes forums and had to share due to sheer hilarity. Warning contains potentially NSFW language.'

dnmr and TheWids like this.
  13. TheWids

TheWids Haxor

I laughed my ass off lololo. I love the thumper, it's so satisfying when u see Ur enemy explode and then fly, especially when u use a one handed weapon like boss pirate. Thumper dx FTW

Arcite, Noburu and BlueLuigi like this.
  14. Noburu

Yeah since the last update Ive went back to Rifle/Thumper soldier and I feel much more useful to the team overall. Only real problem is my in-ability to easily snipe enemy base assests now.

I usually stay sitting around the flag and help the HoF defend and call down inventory stations and such. Soldiers can even chase a bit sometimes. If someone makes a grab and isnt going much over 200 I can thumper boost twice from full health and frequently cut across the map and catch them.

EDIT: My best tribes moment yet happened a couple of days ago on Raindance. I attacked the enemy base since we were at a standoff. I managed to make a highspeed e-grab just as the enemy pth came to cap after returning their flag. I came in ~200 sanics and killed the pth and a soldier just as the pth was about to cap, and took their flag.

Ended up with a highspeed grab, e-grab, double kill, aftermath (from a proximity grenade), revenge and flag return. We then promptly lost afterwards (was pretty much immediately sniped), but it was still so fucking awesome.

dnmr and TheWids like this.
  15. Pizarro

Pizarro Builder Stabber

I fought you before in the past, Blue. Can't say I whipped you though.

I'm Pizarro

Arcite and BlueLuigi like this.
  16. TheWids

TheWids Haxor

If shad played this game his name should be shazlington lol

Arcite likes this.
  17. Noburu

Im passable as every class but pathfinder halp :P

I suck at routes adn suck at chasing.

18. TheWids

TheWids Haxor

TRIBES ASCEND IS FINALLY ON STEAM! i suck at pathfinder too, all i can do is go really fast :P

19. Sarmane

Sarmane Go Tau'va yourself San Diego. Donator

i am super mega awesome tank operator, outside of that i am one of the derpiest soldiers you will ever lay eyes upon in an aussie server as i dont play other classes- i like to be an all rounder defender/attacker with ma nade launcher/ pulse rifle(?) (tbh havent been on this game since early May so sad when i think about it-)

20. dnmr

Free 250 tribes gold http://dt.reddit.com/r/Tribes/comments/z5vt4/free_250_gold_from_pax/

>>This is the same site that gave out the gamescom codes a little while ago, so if you got that code it won't let you get another. If you delete your history and clear your cookies, or just use another browser it lets you get a new one though.
    </br>--- merged: Sep 10, 2012 6:54 AM ---</br>
    http://dt.reddit.com/r/Tribes/comments/zm2mk/tribes_ascend_new_weapons_sept_2012_so_much_new/
    </br>--- merged: Oct 21, 2012 10:21 AM ---</br>
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyPvSWkuEVQ
    comments: http://dt.reddit.com/r/Tribes/comments/11qy5p/old_xf_glitch_rock_bounce_route/

Chrispin, BlueLuigi and Noburu like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi