1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Deadline Announcement + Water and Wood almost here!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Dark_Ham

Dark_Ham Shipwright

After the deadline we can all have a big family photo with all of our Sprites sat down together! <3
    But in all seriousness like what someone said now that the overworld is gone they can focus more on making KAG better and fun to play. War-Mode sounds amazing to me! :D My 9.99£ was completely worth buying King Arthur's Gold. I find myself playing this game then most of my other games (Battlefield 3 etc). Completely worth it.

delankski likes this.
  2. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

Even though I am not one of the people that feel scammed, I do want to point out a little flaw on that full version page, because yes, there is that small disclaimer at the bottom, which almost no one read by the way, but there is also this at the top: ''The features listed below on this page are still in development and you will get them, if you have the full version''

(copy pasted)

So I do think that the message that is currently at the bottom, should be moved there, and this sentence should be removed, since according to this sentence, those people are allowed to feel scammed.

3. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

*Ahem* "Please note that this is not a sales offer nor a concrete TODO list. It is what we are planning to introduce in the game and most likely will, however the nature of game development means that some things might not work and not be fun. If some of these elements we listed above are not fun or break the game in some way, we will remove them and introduce new, more compatible elements. We strive to make this game perfectly fun!"

(also copy pasted obviously)

Plus I'm pretty sure there's probably a much more solid legal disclaimer about the whole thing when you buy/log in etc.

@ feet: Until they drown promptly drown underwater? Pillars are gonna be the bane - probably the end - of skybridging, and tunnelers won't be able to go far down without hitting water anyway ;)"

4. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

AnRK - Rafts my lord.

RAFTCATAPULT WILL CONQUER DAT WORLD.

I hope that fire will be included to water update, beacuse on test build annoying wood tower campers are annoying.

5. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

It seems they aren't gonna release the next build until fire and water buckets can be included, you have a point about rafts though, tunneling on top of the water will be an interesting one, if your allowed to do anything while on a boat other then row it that is, I'd like to think that's all you can do, and the more people on one the faster it goes.

6. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

Lol did are sure you read my post? I will bold that part out then :p

What I was saying is that even though there is that disclaimer, that you pointed out again, at the bottom, there is a misleading sentence at the top.

7. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

> someone mods the water to be yellow its not ginger ale or apple juice,

LetsplayCmansez likes this.
  8. Hey, I just thought of another question! Will there be official server software for Windows/Mac? Last I checked there were unofficial ones, with the only official version being Linux.

'Course I check a while ago, could be one at this point.

9. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Yes it might be misleading, but only if you don't read the statement at the bottom, the fact that the game is in development and they need to be in a position where those features can change.

10. 107zombiekiller

107zombiekiller Catapult Fodder

I AM BACK FROM THE BED
    get it?
    bed
    dead
    anyway, thanks for half answering my question
    how many blocks can u go before needing a support?

11. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

it's like 5 or 6. Sheesh. Is it really that important?

12. 107zombiekiller

YES!
    no not really but i wanted to know now rather then later

13. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I don't feel scammed but I do understand where they are going for and small print doesn't justify doing whatever you want, there are places on the webpage where it used to say "These are the features you'll get" or "By buying this you'll get ___" and that is not the case, even the ingame poster itself doesn't have any fine print, it's just a poster of things you will get, if you click the poster ingame and then go to buy do you expect the person to also read seeing the same things on the website? Unless you've at least visited the forums or have done some thorough reading of the website you wouldn't know that you aren't promised these things honestly.

The entire basis of alpha funding is promising things way before they're done anyway, it's always been that way, you just normally try to promise things that can be done, same goes with time limits. Being I believe MM's first game with a team (he did Soldat all on his own and link-dead right?), and Geti's first game at this scale (I guess Shad's too? FLAB seems to have a lot of experience in what he does so I guess he helped a lot on soldat), these mistakes are acceptable, I think at the time they popped in with KAG right after a few years of essentially scam artists and douchebags in the indie world a lot of things that are clearly mistakes that everyone will make once or twice are taken farther than they should be. When you've got people running around like Phil Fish or the zomboid guys who pretend to be nice and then turn around one day and tell all the fans to suck a fat dick, or notch who promises active development and then spends 80% of his time on vacation or making stupid things, and never delivering on floating islands multiplayer, it's easy to see a level of distrust in newer indie devs. That said the problems were all obvious from the get go, it's overtrust in the alpha ideas or overconfidence, I think overworld could be done, so did they at some point (even recently as it was mentioned again recently), so what changed wasn't that it's not possible but simply that either:
    A)they realized it's not possible within the time limit and would take way too long to accomplish, if zombies took 6 months imagine overworld taking a year or two
    B)Require an entirely new engine, which they won't have time to do because of this deadline, probably would still take overworld a long time

Either way they can't spend forever on KAG and while Overworld was, depending on when you purchased it and where you puchased it from promised to you, it can't realistically happen, and for $10 while Overworld seems great, you'll get what you'd want and more from the other stuff posted if it makes it in, and what's coming, if you like zombies you probably already got yours.

(Other M bros unite, I loved the game)
    It's hard however to compare these to
    A:Console games where much of that isn't even possible
    B:Single player games, where a community won't be built at this level, because it just isn't possible to have that interactivity because it's not there.

You could easily compare it to any MMO out there today though, or other multiplayer games like Terraria, which is a good comparison because you get a lot more out of KAG than you do Terraria for a similar price.

14. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

I think one other thing worth bearing in mind is that alot of stuff that's viewed as overworld content is actually just war mode content, so in the end I don't think we'll get shortchanged if you will in terms of what we were expecting content wise. I think with these sorts of projects sometimes your just gonna get a bit of naivity from the devs since they make those sorts of promises so early in development, then on the other end of the scale you get dicks like notch that have buckets of money, do fuck all development, and have seen their communities make a thousand times+ more content then they have and modified to work much better overall.

thebonesauce likes this.
  15. thebonesauce

I will say that skybridging on lake maps is gonna be damned near impossible since I assume the supports have to reach all the way to the ground!

16. 107zombiekiller

i can imagin it now some ass building a sky bridge and me takeing out a support and seeing the hole thing fall

17. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

It's not the fact that they're disappointed or even angry. I, myself was enraged when I seen someone calling Geti a scammer. 10$ for what I've been playing since November, how can that be a scam?

Geti is one of the best game devs I've ever seen, he always tries to keep the community in touch with how they're doing with the game, and he always listens to his community. He's also been taking all of my stupid requests for server variables <3

Anyway, if I continue on, I'll just be repeating what thebonesauce has been saying. Just be sure that Geti has some great plans for KAG, even though Overworld won't be a thing in KAG 1.0, I'm sure we'll have as much fun as if it was. I'm looking forward to see how KAG turns out.

18. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

Yeah, but i slightly expec this to be possible:

:blank::blank::blank::blank::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:

Obviously, that would suck.

//nope

19. thebonesauce

Yes, that edit explains it.

By supports, it means this is needed for skybridging to be possible.

:castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :blank::blank::castle_bg::blank::blank::blank::blank::castle_bg::blank::blank:

20. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

yeah, but i was thinking if that would count as 'support'