1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Deadline Announcement + Water and Wood almost here!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jun 2, 2012.

1. 107zombiekiller

107zombiekiller Catapult Fodder

will a admin tell us when the patch is relesed?

2. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

1: Developer

2: When it will be done.

3. 107zombiekiller

1: thank you

2:when it will be done?

4. Leifanator

Leifanator Catapult Fodder

Just wanted to say, devs, I appreciate everything you've done to make this game. A lot of love has been put into KAG and it shows, not just in the game, but here on the forums as well.

:thumbs_up:

If this is the only game you get to create (knock on wood it isn't), you've made at least one fantastic game that will be remembered for VERY a long time.

Keep on keeping on.

5. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

It will be done when it's done, no more promising dates because that only causes butthurtness when something goes wrong.

So please, stop asking about it. @ everyone.

delankski, Ghozt and Bookmark like this.
  6. 107zombiekiller

thank you for the clarification
    but i was just wondering if, when it comes, will someone tell us or will we get the fun of finding out our self?
    (if you dont reply thats fine with me, i would guess everyone,mainly me at this point,has pissed you off)

7. Bookmark

Bookmark Haxor

You aren't necessarily pissing anyone off. But you'd do well to stop pestering everyone trying to have a conversation in this thread.

The devs need to get all the features polished and ready to go and then most likely tell everyone a few days prior to the official release. They aren't going to say a concrete date right here, right now because of what happened with the zombie fiasco and the constant change in release dates.

And I think that if someone knew the release date, they'd have told you within the first 2 posts you made.

delankski, Vidar and thebonesauce like this.
  8. 107zombiekiller

u are not understanding me
    WHEN THE PATCH IS RELEASED not when will it be released

when it is released, will they tell us on this thread or or will i get the joy of finding out by opening the game its self?

Ghozt likes this.
  9. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Well, generally someone will say whether or not it is released either in devblog format or on the forums. Or you could just open up KAG tomorrow and who knows, it might be up! As Geti said, hopefully it's released tonight. If not, you'll see it when it comes!

Koolala, delankski, Vidar and 2 others like this.
  10. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

It works pretty much as outlined in that spoiler, once a supporting structure goes, then everything will collapse that is no longer supported by any other structure around it. It's nice to see things collapsing in a more natural manner rather then the current system of having to dig for the last bit of damaged backwall or ladder.

One thing I'm not sure of is will the support mechanic extend to f2p or is it just premium?

11. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

I could of sworn that my post from this morning was deleted.:eek:

Also, the supports mechanic is coded into the basic building blocks so I assume that it definitely will be F2P.

Rayne likes this.
  12. Parselord

Parselord Bison Rider

From what Geti said, I understand that buildings won't collapse as you say:
    So, people can still create skybridges but, in order to make them longer, builders must be always repairing the pillars.

I think ParaLogia idea would be better and more natural, but like he said, it would be hard to code.

Rayne likes this.
  13. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Yes, it's like Parselord said. If there is a support removed from a structure, that part of the structure is simply off limits. It will not collapse.

While it would be nice if structures collapsed more naturally, I'm not sure it's possible. And if it is, it would be very, very difficult to implement.

Ghozt, Parselord and delankski like this.
  14. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Fair does, could have sworn I've seen it work like that in the text build but must have been when structures were already fucked up.

15. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

I hope there will be rafts, rafts fired from catapults - LIKE A BOSS. Anyway, i hope that only overworld will be not included, and other stuff will be.

delankski likes this.
  16. 107zombiekiller

FINALY thank you for telling me :)

17. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

can anyone give word to any of the possible glitches that may arise in this next build?

18. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Haxor! :D

(I've not seen anything too obvious in the test build when I've been playing anyway)

19. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

At skybridges: You can go 1 tile to your right/left for every 4 tiles you've gone up.

20. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

So if you have a 16 block high tower you can go 4?

Btw, is support from above planned too?