1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

New form of greifing - Flag stealing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Noc, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Noc

Noc Bison Rider

Basically, now you can pass the flag to a teammate. However, it's easy to steal the flag and run it back to the enemy, which has sort of become a new form of griefing.

inactive_account likes this.
  2. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

Protip: don't pass the flag

3. MCrypa

MCrypa Haxor

This issue is always going to be there, I don't see any way to fix this, as it is based on a person's ignorance.
    </br>--- merged: Jun 6, 2012 7:45 PM ---</br>
    If you're in the enemy base without an escape, it's better to throw it to a friend, rather than dying with the flag because of the fear of a "flag griefer"

Eggnogg and Gofio like this.
  4. superpokes

superpokes Bison Rider

You did it just before writing this post

Gofio, GloriousToast, Ghozt and 4 others like this.
  5. PumpkingSlice

PumpkingSlice Base Burner

Maybe you should learn to make a way back as you go so you can go back yourself with the flag. Just sayin.

6. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

[​IMG]
    This can not be fixed easily, if at all. Better get used to this.

7. justi01

justi01 Haxor

"New form of griefing"...It's been around since the dawn of KAG...

8. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

sj67, Gofio, Stevedog and 13 others like this.
  9. PumpkingSlice

PumpkingSlice Base Burner

Lol Kouji and his first impressions he gives to people.

10. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

I am not sure whether or not I like the change yet. I would need to play a little bit before giving you my opinion. I feel that it is early to say if this is going to be for the better or the worse.

With that said, I can imagine, keyword being imagine, some people using this in a way to grief people running back with the flag. But it will at the same time get rid of those fellas that likes to grab the flag and then refuse to cash it in at their tent.

We will see. My stance is currently neutral to the change.

11. flamegod

flamegod Catapult Fodder

I'm a little bit confused, how is this in anyway new???

12. WanderMark

You can now take the flag from a teammate in the same way as you would take it from the enemy tent.

So let's imagine that I took the flag from the red base and is heading over to the blue tent. Now I see a friendly knight going in the opposite direction I am. If he decides to jump while passing through me, then he will take the flag from me without me able to do anything about it.

So I suppose what Noc is basically saying is that it's now possible for griefers to steal the flag from hardworking and honest players and then return it to the enemy base.

Last game I played the flag switched back and forth so incredibly much as we got close to our tent, it was mildly confusing and I can expect that sooner or later someone will use this in a way of griefing. Question is if it will become a major problem or if it will work in favour of those that thought it was funny not returning the flag once they had taken it.

I am still neutral to the change.

Wixmef, flamegod and justi01 like this.
  13. justi01

justi01 Haxor

Even so, this is an extremely obvious form of griefing. If an admin or guard is around, then those griefers aren't coming back, that is almost guaranteed. If you're thinking "Oh but most servers don't have admins around often!" then you're on the wrong server.

Find a server with admins on often and this wouldn't even have to be thought of as an issue anymore.

WanderMark likes this.
  14. WanderMark

Yes indeed. But it is the same about people refusing to turn in the flag. If there is a moderator around then they would tell the silly person to stop being silly and win the game for whichever team he/she is on. So with this it doesn't really matter whether or not they change it. Maybe it has some other use.

I feel that screw ups will happen more often, people accidently grabs the flag and gets killed while carrying it. Like in really hectic situations when you need to be fast in order to escape from the enemy spawn. But I don't know.

I also suspect, I can't guarantee at this moment, that this will increase problems with griefing rather then opposite. Time will tell if this is a good change, we will see how people handle their new powers.

15. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

How long have you been playing KAG? And have you ever touched the flag?

Gofio, Noburu and justi01 like this.
  16. flamegod

flamegod Catapult Fodder

Thanks wandermark for clarifying it.

It seems to cause more problems than it will solve. It will solve the person refusing to turn the flag in, but in all other cases there doesn't seem to be much use of letting other players take the flag other than for griefing. The one case that might be useful might be having a knight drop it for a builder (who can dig, use ladders, etc.) to get back. But, the chances of a griefer abusing seems to be a lot easier. Basically before only the flag bearer could griefer with refusing to turn it in, now almost any person on the team can grief.

17. Noc

Noc Bison Rider

It seems allot of you don't really know what I'm talking about. Seriously guys? You didn't even bother to check if I was correct before making fun of me?

Now that we're all on the same page, discuss :)

Gofio and Eric like this.
  18. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

Congratulations on leaving a critical part of your original post out
    </br>--- merged: Jun 7, 2012 12:44 AM ---</br>
    ...Like the period at the end of that sentence.

19. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I actually agree with Noc on this one, I extremely dislike this new "feature"

20. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

Flag stealing? Sounds like some gay-ass primary school P.E activity where people shove red cloths down their buttcracks and the "ring leaders" come and pull them out of your jersey shorts to force you to the bleachers.

Personally, I feel that "flag stalling" really needs the heavier punishment.

tlc2011 and Beelzebub like this.