1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

"dedicated_autoconfig" missing several "sv_global" lines

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by Shrimp, May 26, 2012.

1. Shrimp

Shrimp Bison Rider

What I mean by that is my current autoconfig file looks a little like this
    http://pastebin.com/mgafzUVR
    As you can see the title says it all,

Where are the sv_global lines that are shown on the wiki page?
    Things like "maxping" and "maxping_warnings"

I downloaded the server files again to see if I had by any chance deleted them. I was wrong, even on a newly downloaded server the config file is still missing the sv_global lines.

Help would be greatly appreciated,
    Thank you for your time.

2. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

Mine are at the bottom of the file, if yours doesn't have them just add them to the file:

Code:
    global sv_maxping = 450; // Max ping allowed on server after which player is kicked. Large ping players will slow down server.
    global sv_maxping_warnings = 300; // Because of ping spikes, warnings are issued if a player has ping over max number.
    global sv_maxhack_warnings = 25; // Maximum amount of warnings where server thinks player is hacking.
    global sv_alloweditor = 1; // If set to 1 players that have RCON can start map 

3. Shrimp

Shrimp Bison Rider

[​IMG]

JacKD likes this.
  4. DUZ

DUZ Horde Gibber Tester

Where's the sv_gold_only line? lol?
    KAG updated, new files and wtf? missing lines?

Attached Files:

5. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

This can't really be true - the autoconfig does not touch dedicated_autoconfig (otherwise it would overwrite the config file every single release), and the packages on the site have not been touched since build 345

eventually we will distribute a dedicated_autoconfig.gm.default or something with every autoupdate and package, so that all variables are there -- since right now there's no way for the autoupdate to add new settings to existing config files

6. Shrimp

Shrimp Bison Rider

Out of curiosity what does the normal "autoconfig" file effect?

7. DUZ

DUZ Horde Gibber Tester

So, what I need to do? Put the line "sv_gold_only = 1" anywhere on the config? Or what? And what lines are missing on my dedicated_autoconfig beyond the gold option?

8. FliesLikeABrick

Yes, you can put the line anywhere in the config.

I will create a page somewhere where you can download a full dedicated_autoconfig file at some point - since it is not a file that has ever been maintained in autoupdate (because it would overwrite peoples' configs)

9. DUZ

DUZ Horde Gibber Tester

dedicated_autoconfig and autoconfig have the same lines?

10. FliesLikeABrick

dedicated_autoconfig.gm will be filled out with any missing lines the first time the server is started and stopped.