1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Wood & Water Build Released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Jun 6, 2012.

1. SirSalami

SirSalami THD Team THD Team Administrator

xChapx likes this.
  2. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

They drown the fastest so this is balanced.

SARGRA13 and jerloch like this.
  3. hansel

hansel Shopkeep Stealer

I just discovered surfing today. Hory sheet it's so fun I don't even

potatomcwhiskey likes this.
  4. JimmyNic

JimmyNic Shopkeep Stealer

It's just less useful there, for the obvious reason that you have the mouse over to check your health. I can't say it seriously detracts from the game quality, but it'd be nice to have the option to return it to the HUD.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  5. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

For everyone that doesn't want to mouse over themselves everytime:

press home to open the console and type in

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  6. underwaterbear

underwaterbear Shipwright

How do you surf?

7. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Shield down before hitting the water.

Ghozt likes this.
  8. RocjawCypher

RocjawCypher Shipwright

Sorry to say, But I agree with those who want a change in the water style. I like the idea of really deep lakes, but it is difficult to find a way to even swim across without drownding. It really does eliminate a lot of options.

9. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

Was playing and people were complaining about knights drowning to fast.
    Be happy they swim they are in full PLATE ARMOR with a shield.[realistically you shouldn't even float/swim just sink like a rock and drown when your head is 2ft under]
    Im just glad i can swim. ( anything in [] is just saying an by no means a suggestion or saying anything is wrong)
    And i like the water better than dynamic water actually good job devs.

10. Creille

Creille Base Burner

Again I think I am Abit slow on realizing that there has been a KAG update and announcement (look at that, 8 pages before I noticed) :P
    Great work with the update it sounds great :) but Sadly I won't be able to test this build for a few days :( so I have no idea what it's going to be like :D
    -I've heard some good stuff about it anyone want to post some ingame pictures for me?
    -I havn't played yet but is it possible to do bomb jumps while underwater? :D
    -do wooden blocks act like stone with their weight propperties? (they crush you)
    -you've done some great work on the configs nice one :) it'll be great to make warmups on one team only for game modes like onslaught and such :)

@anyone who knows the answer to this please PM me :)
    In Base/Maps/swordight.gm you can addBots and yadadadah would it work to add a kickid line?
    So I could add a BOT after like 200 seconds and then kick him after a certain time?
    Also is there a way to change Bots genders and gold and hats (probably not)

11. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I really haven't had much problem with water. At all. In fact, I think it has added a new tactical element that has made the few games I've played the most fun I've had in a little while now.

Except for the glitch where people place a backwalled trapbridge, destroy it, and then use the dirt backwall to make an infinite skybridge...

12. Harold7

Harold7 Arsonist

13. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

No. Don't ask. It hasn't been implemented yet.

14. Hoj

Hoj Builder Stabber

• Flame-baiting
    After ignoring potato after the first sentence of his stupid post i'm back. Yes, the lag of this forum is getting worse which makes me want to post less and less. Honestly people, i'm not here for you and for you're likes. I'm here because this game should have elements that remain the same that people can identify as being KAG. This game looks completely new and different than before. No, i do not agree with the new changes and thats why i'm here. I bought the game and was cool with what it was before. The game is completely different now and doesn't make sense. The water is the most dangerous part of this game now. Kind of like castlevania if you think about it. Small changes to a small change with three classes is a big change. Let me make that simple for some of you who don't get it. The archer nerf was a well schemed cheap-shot (which we know who wanted). You people have a problem with what i post yet i do not see any valid points about them. As a result, to me it doesn't make a difference because i don't waste time reading them anymore. I care about the overall gameplay of KAG and keeping the fun elements in the game.

//Hoj, I warned you about trolling/posting flame-bait in this thread before. Thankfully those responding to you have been considered in their responses; nevertheless, I still hold you as having overstepped the bounds of responsible forum usage and have been infracted as a result. If you have any concerns, please air them in the PM you will find in your inbox. If I have to deal with trollish behaviour from you in this thread again I will be much more unforgiving. This is your final warning. Yours, ~fbb

15. YEAH_NAH

YEAH_NAH Shipwright

I'm sorry to say this, but your post sounded a lot like: "I think I have full control over this game, what I say is what will happen."

delankski, FlameHaze3 and SARGRA13 like this.
  16. hexalslug

hexalslug Bison Rider

I'm sure it wouldn't take long to get used to it if the devs made it so you had to play with reversed Right and Left keys, either, but that doesn't mean they should do that. Having the health in a separate place is just objectively better than having it over your head. Even with what Rayne posted, which I assume shows your health all the time (and I guess everyone else's health too) it's still worse.

-Need to know your health?
    GUI bar: Glance at your health
    Overhead: Mouse over your character
    One needs you to put your cursor in a specific place, and one doesn't. Pretty obvious which is better. Even with this shownames business, I don't think anybody wants their name to be showing all the time and obstructing what's above them.

-Standing in front of teammates and need to know your health?
    GUI bar: Glance at your health
    Overhead: Mouse over your character as well as the teammates you're standing in front of/behind. Cannot read your health.
    Again pretty obvious which is better.

Basically, the health bar change is a pointless one. The HUD bar wasn't "in the way" in the first place. Trying to make viewing your health more "streamlined" has only made it less so. You could fit the overhead healthbar into the current item bar and it would barely be any wider or taller. Besides, you can now hide the HUD with aim mode.

17. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Seriously, every time I've seen you post recently the content has been "the game has changed, the game shouldn't change". Firstly if you don't like the new content DON'T FUCKING USE IT! Just find a nice f2p server you like and stay on it, please, no-one is forcing you to you all these heretical newfangled new features so I dunno why you keep acting like it. As for all the other heresy regarding the devs changing the class mechanics, and not keeping the way the game plays in accordance with whatever build number you regard sacrosanct, that does sound like a deep running conspiracy now doesn't it now? "The archer nerf was a well schemed cheap-shot" you fucking heard yourself man? 1) You're talking about a computer game, 2) That comment implies that either the archer hating community manipulated the poor weak minded developers into doing their bidding, or the developers themselves were in on the scheme, maybe there was nazi gold involved in the plot somewhere?

In summary, don't like new stuff - don't use, don't want change from X build that is apparently perfect - it's not your fucking game and the devs want to do more with their project the leave it at what they'd accomplished in Y days of development and perhaps didn't think that Z mechanic worked so had every right to change it.

18. Antman

Antman Base Burner

One problem with bashing, they can jab instantly after it.. or so it seems.
    That's my only realy problem with the entire update, but it's still amazing :D

Ruleral, SARGRA13 and Harold7 like this.
  19. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

Me too, I like the water. And when I want to play without it, I just join a free server.

PS. Why did you change your avatar man? D= I liked that mole :p

FlameHaze3 likes this.
  20. PeterPan14

PeterPan14 Bison Rider

Is Wood and Water really that good..? I feel i'm missing out. :(