1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG after updates

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gonf, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Gonf

Gonf Base Burner

What will KAG be like after the developers have finalised the game and there are no more updates?

I just saw MM talking about this recentley and would like to see everyones opinion on the subject.

2. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

It'll never stop being updated... Just by the developers. There will always be awesome mods rising from the depths, new game modes for all different types of player and different skill levels. It's gonna be wicked fun, and I'm psyched to see what the community is able to do.

Gonf likes this.
  3. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

Games constantly need to be updated, there will always be bugs in KAG. When the game is released, still nobody knows what else the devs will do to make the game better. Take minecraft as a great example.

4. thebonesauce

Well, bugfixes will always be there. I'm talking about content, not bugs. User generated content ALWAYS keeps a game alive well past it's final release. As I've said before, just look at Soldat. It was released fully like 10 YEARS ago, and it still has a large, thriving community.

5. Gonf

Gonf Base Burner

But big updates like Zombies and Water. I'm gonna miss that sort of thing. Even though I'm not premium.

6. TahGamer

TahGamer Catapult Fodder

There is going to be a point where something is just perfected, take a look at Apple's iPhone. But of course, I do not know what the future of KAG will hold.

7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

You sure you saw MM talking about it? ;)
    KAG will have everything on the premium poster by the time it's done.
    There won't always be bugs because we won't just keep adding stuff blindly :) We've got a fair backlog of bugs but the list is shrinking, not growing.

8. ITROLLEDU

ITROLLEDU Ballista Bolt Thrower

Kag just needs more updates but less bugs Ghozt said "Only the most tiny bugs i have reported got fixed"

9. Gonf

Gonf Base Burner

Really the updates cause most of the bugs.

10. ITROLLEDU

11. Gonf

Gonf Base Burner

Ah yes.

12. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

With more updates, there comes more bugs. If the devs were to stop updating, there will be a few bugs - No more, no less. Bugs follow updates, sometimes none get fixed, sometimes none are big enough to worry about until the game is finished.

13. thebonesauce

Precisely. It's quite difficult to root through 20,000+ lines of code to pinpoint an exact bug... A lot of the biggest issues over the last few months have been fixed in a relatively quick and efficient manner. Sure, there's the simple ones that have been around for a long time, but they're obviously much more difficult to knock out than, say, flying knights would be.

Riletyface likes this.
  14. ITROLLEDU

Maybe... -MM- Could start a convo about allthe bugs to fix them?

15. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Maybe... bugs.kag2d.com

Noburu likes this.
  16. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

...it's the site they use for people to report bugs.