1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

After install Kag disappears

Discussion in 'General Help' started by DanielMeltzer, Jun 14, 2012.

1. DanielMeltzer

DanielMeltzer Catapult Fodder

Hello..

Today after about a month of not playing KAG, I decided to startup and see all the new things.. after startup, it started updating etc.. then it said it needed to restart, and it did. So I tried to open it back up, but then it said,
    "The item 'KAG.exe' that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved so this shortcut will no longer work properly"

and I tried opening from others places on my computer and still got same message.. it seems that it somehow auto deletes it self or something..

Any help?

2. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

Reinstall ?

3. Disrespekt

Disrespekt Shark Slayer

Do you use Norton?

4. MCrypa

MCrypa Haxor

It seems like something deleted KAG.
    Most likely, it is your antivirus thinking KAG is a virus.
    What kind do you use? Norton is known to do that sort of thing.

5. Disrespekt

Disrespekt Shark Slayer

Norton does it to me. I have to wait at least a month after an update in order for Norton to think that it's not a virus. Dunno why.

6. Redigit

Redigit is not my actual name, it's Tommasop.

Same thing happen to me... If you have Norton then that's the problem.

7. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

This happened to me awhile ago, but when I was using mcaffe, which blocked kag from accessing the Internet. Try deleting any anti-virus software and then try to update. I recommend avast which does not do this.

8. MCrypa

MCrypa Haxor

Now, deleting antivirus is very drastic.
    I would rather make an exception, or possibly turn off the antivirus software while downloading KAG.
    (I've experienced that Norton does not delete files that are already installed)