1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Wood & Water Build Released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Jun 6, 2012.

1. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

KALAAAAALLAAAAAA RUNNNNNNN.

2. Mellian-Quar-Xililix

Mellian-Quar-Xililix Haxor

Hey, hey, the average knight didn't wear plate armour. Full plate armour didn't become widely spread until the 15th century. Since when do knights don't carry shields? Shields were used for displaying heraldry, or more importantly, protecting ones self from enemies. Its wrong to assume knights had a standard set of armor, weaponry for all of them. Typically, a 'knight' would use whatever they could get their hands on, and if this meant a short handed sword, with leather armor, than so be it. Not all knights were exactly rich, some were quite poor and could only afford basic equipment.

Despite this, I agree that KAG doesn't really have 'knights'. Instead they are more akin to standardized Byzantine infantry, bearing a spatha(sword) and a skouton(a large oval shield). Even then, it is doubtful that all of them bore the same standard equipment, due to various circumstances that could prevent shortages.

Also, here's a video of a geek testing out plate armor in water: http://vimeo.com/13634653

Beef likes this.
  3. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

hows those subs + boats coming up?

4. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Very well I would say.

5. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

It sounds like your classifying all sword carrying infantry as knights, by definition knights were a very elite class in feudal times, and were very well off and well trained. Otherwise they're just infantry of some other form.

We all know what a knight really is though, some dude with a fuck load of armour, a massive shield, a massive sword, that can fly and has bombs naturally.

6. Nefrylion

Nefrylion Shopkeep Stealer

Knight with horse and spear to defeat enemies :P Boats... Pirates :> oh man... that will be awesome feature i can't wait to use that boat :> <3

7. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

So, uh, when are we going to start the Online Historical Reenactment Society? :D
    [​IMG]

FuzzyBlueBaron and hexalslug like this.
  8. Nefrylion

Nefrylion Shopkeep Stealer

omg... this is legendary Holy Grail! bow you peons!

9. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Same time as Real Physics All the Time Club
    [​IMG]
    screen-12-04-02-19-46-44.png

Madoka, FlameHaze3, FG and 5 others like this.
  10. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

JacKD likes this.
  11. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

[​IMG]
    Also no, those buildings were not in fact built with editor.

I don't understand why some people are complaining about the fact that water was released without boats. It's not like the server HAS to have water. It can be shut off, but apparantly it's too fun to leave in, so it's left in. Seriously it's like saying "Ow this pan is really hot, but I'm going to continue touching it, instead of letting it cool down".

12. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I meant the ones in the photographs. //I know that, which is why I posted that picture. lrn 2 joke

Also, I think the simile is more alike to "Ow this bacon is really hot, but I'm going to continue eating it."