1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Two people with the same name?

Discussion in 'General Help' started by MCrypa, Jun 25, 2012.

1. MCrypa

MCrypa Haxor

I joined Beo's zombie server today and noticed there were two "jakkubbb"
    I don't think it was a bug, cause both could interact with the game.
    If there is an obvious answer to this, then I'm sorry for bothering you.
    Screens:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ivy likes this.
  2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

You can connect multiple times with the same account, as in you can login twice on the same computer.

3. A similar thing has happened to BC. The weirdest part was that nobody other than Verrazano could notice it (a bunch of us pressed tab and only saw the one BC in the server). She kept making jokes about there being 2 BCs and I'd assumed this was some inside joke that I didn't understand.

Minutes later, she PMd us this picture which clearly shows 2 BCs, both with different scores (and pings o.O)that seem to be both interacting in different ways. I can assure you all that BC didn't open 2 KAGs.
    NfSSX.png

I didn't really take any notice of it until now, but it is rather weird that only Verra could see it. Both situations seem to be linked, my assumption is that it is some kind of bug. I hope this helps in some way.

4. MCrypa

MCrypa Haxor

Isn't that cheating somehow?

5. BlueLuigi

The first situation is not necessarily linked, but yes you can sometimes see 2 of other people or 2 of yourself. I believe the latter has been fixed.

Anyone can login twice so unless you've made sure with the other person its' fair to assume that it's that first.

Not really, I suppose it depends on how you use it. Leave that decision up to admins honestly or devs if they decide to change it. I believe it had ramifications with the many people who have siblings who play together, they could just make multiple accounts and do the same thing, why not just let them use the same one. (Insert problems with gold members doing it to be discussed somewhere else entirely)

6. Ivy

Ivy Shopkeep Stealer

I saw this same problem but I haven't dared to ask on Kag Forum. Two griefers who did shit on zombies servers last week, wanting to kick me when I tried to stop them. Banned from two servers for insults, griefing, and kick abuse. Same name with a different clan.
    [​IMG]

7. BlueLuigi

Sounds like something for report griefers/etc thread if they are abusing a function in order to do wrong to other players.

8. Warren2997

Warren2997 Shipwright

its probly admins making bots of players to make you go WTH!?!?!?!?!?!

9. MCrypa

MCrypa Haxor

Nono, wasn't that.

10. BlueLuigi

You can tell if someone adds a bot by:
    Pressing HOME
    Typing in : /players
    Looking for someone who says BOT
    next to their name

So, yeah, that's easy to check for, and if no admins are on, it's not that most likely.

11. Godrow

Godrow Shopkeep Stealer

Actually I do this alot of the time but only to play with friends with the same account not to cheat guess i should stop soon:(

BUT NOT TO GREIF

I've never greifed on kag so its very annoying when im accused of it when im just playing with friends

12. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Logging into the same account twice (from any computer, any people) and account sharing are not allowed. This hasn't been a high priority for me to address so I have not added protections against it yet. If you are caught doing it, you risk having your account suspended.