1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Progress, setbacks, boats and ropes.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jun 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

you got a floor, and a sail. it could at least be a hot air baloon...
    ...but airplanes are more awesome.

Ivy likes this.
  2. ockpii

ockpii Horde Gibber

The new buttons look tiny on their videos. That's what I'm talking about.

3. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Maybe a knight shielding at one end of the boat can "bomb boost" the boat forward a short distance really quick using mechanics similar to bomb jumping? :flex:

Ghozt, Bly, Gofio and 1 other person like this.
  4. HeroicTurtle

HeroicTurtle Base Burner

It would be nice to have paddles/oars if boats are gonna move that slowly.

5. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

Im pretty sure there will be:
    there are boats without sails. they'd be pretty useless without paddles...:D

Jomppexx and Ivy like this.
  6. Ivy

Ivy Shopkeep Stealer

Looks very nice ! It's well done and will be really great for servers like Beo and its ending flood :3
    I hope there won't be any problems if builders do several boats at the same time.
    I feel however that I wouldn't like to be on board if bomb jumpers are waiting on the shore X3

Froghead48 and Gofio like this.
  7. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

Mmmmm that makes me wonder who gonna build the first boat tower lawl

Ivy likes this.
  8. HERaLD

HERaLD Shark Slayer

Looks like a well-placed bomb will be able to one-hit those ships, because if just a single hole got in those it may sink...
    Will this mean Archers are OP against single people swimming across, but bombs and kegs sink entire ships?

9. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Fyi the boats are not going to go that slow in anything released, it's just for testing sake.

Okpii: no, the two systems are not compatible with each other, and the new one has fewer bugs (no walking around with the menu to a shop anymore)

10. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Also I said on one of the YouTube vids that you can still tap c to pick up the nearest thing, no precision required.

delankski and Noburu like this.
  11. SirSammy

SirSammy Shark Slayer

Booooooooatsssssss. This is what makes water worth-while to play in.

Jomppexx and delankski like this.
  12. Will we be able to tie the ropes to players/objects? Because I would love to be able to tie a rope to the edge of that hill and let my teammates climb up after I bombjump up there. Any class too, would give archers/bombjumping knights a new boost if the builders could make them the rope & then we could help one another over towers. 'Course said rope would need to be insta-broken or w/e

Have any ideas like this been floating around? Or would such a thing be too hard to implement? Just a suggestion :>

13. Mellian-Quar-Xililix

Mellian-Quar-Xililix Haxor

Will it be smart pick up? I don't how to explain but, I don't know how many times I've gone to pick up a catapult and instead I run back with a body. >.<

ShnitzelKiller likes this.
  14. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Airplanes..........Not a great idea.
    For example:
    Your a knight, and you just use an airplane to fly over the enemies structures, whats the point of building towers to stop the enemy, if they can just fly over in a airplane or a hot air balloon, that would just defeat the purpose of KAG's gameplay.

15. CoD

CoD Haxor

OK, so...boats, nice.

delankski likes this.
  16. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

ANOTHER EPIC IDEA!
    we will need a tower with a room you can walk through, and a huge empty pillar on top. then you put ten, twenty, boats in it, and you just open the doors when you need one!
    A BOAT VENDING MACHINE!
    </br>--- merged: Jun 26, 2012 7:19 AM ---</br>
    idiot... living creature...
    ..i did not mean that it would work!
    i meant that it would look like an airplane!
    just think: you see someone in a wooden hull, flying through the air at mach 5,
    then I'd say its an airplane. or maybe a rocket.

Froghead48 likes this.
  17. Geti

Gofio, be nice.

Yes, though we need to script attaching it to enemies etc that don't specifically ask "attach this to me". We've also got to get cutting ropes working. We're not sure if we want attaching ropes to literally everything to be possible (ie just tying them to the ground probably wont be possible, but sticking a stake in the ground and tying the rope to that probably will be)

Ghozt, Bly, FliesLikeABrick and 5 others like this.
  18. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I think attaching them to everything will lead to lots of problems and new forms of griefing. A handful of things to attach to should be enough to open up new forms of gameplay and (hopefully) not too much griefing.

delankski likes this.
  19. ockpii

ockpii Horde Gibber

Smart = automatic = you can't control = you rage because it doesn't work how you wanted. Tap C - see body - quickly tap C again to get rid of it and get Catapult. A whole 3 seconds. You'd live.

20. HERaLD

HERaLD Shark Slayer

Personally I don't think menu will be too bad, it certainly would have saved me in a few sticky situations...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.