1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Having an issue with screenshots.

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Omen267901, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Omen267901

Omen267901 Shopkeep Stealer

I wanted to take an in game picture, and modify it for my avatar, but whenever I hit F4 to take a picture, this is all I get. (It's a transparent image, but if you open it with something with no transparency support, it's black.)
    [​IMG]
    Can someone help me?

2. Brandon816

Brandon816 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Yeah, you need to get the mask of truth to see the real screenshot.
    [​IMG]

From what I figured out looking at this problem before, it has existed for awhile, and also was supposedly fixed but is still around. I don't recall seeing a real fix for it either.

But, as I proposed something trying to help the last guy I talked with about this, maybe a direct screencap might work. Try using "Print screen" to just copy the screen instead of using KAG's built-in screenshotter with F4. Then, paste it into an image editor that can handle transparency, i.e. Photoshop, Gimp, and Paint.NET. Basically, anything other than Microsoft paint. And please, let me know if this gives you an actual screenshot or not so that we know whether or not it works as a fix. I'm sure others would like to know if it does.

trelawney likes this.
  3. Omen267901

I took one with bandicam, It works, but the quality sucks slightly. (I may just need to up the resolution)
    [​IMG]

4. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

There has been a real bug with screenshot before but I am unfamiliar with these kind of bugs right now. What OS are you using?

It's working totally fine on my windows 7/XP..

5. Omen267901

Title tag much? Windows.

6. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

Same here , but instead of transparent picture it shows just a 1280x800 black photo. -__-
    But before that , I can take snapshots with full quality and now I still can take snapshots but it is bugged (BLACK PICTURE)