1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Story Story- King Arthurs Army

Discussion in 'KAG Media' started by Ghozt, Jul 1, 2012.

?

What did you think?

1. I want more!

45.2%
  2. Great.

26.0%
  3. Alright.

13.7%
  4. Bad.

8.2%
  5. Try harder in English.

19.2%
  6. Put me in the story!

30.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

2. CoD

CoD Haxor

:D Nice story, good at KAG and a magnificent story writer :)

Ghozt likes this.
  3. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

When I get around to it the story is actually going to lead into fighting. That's part of the plot though. Probably part 2 or 3.
    Any ideas for names anyone, try and keep them medieval themed?

4. CoD

CoD Haxor

Dunno a name like mine, perhaps?
    EDIT: Actually I just thought of one; Conor O'Dwyer, cool name, eh?

Ghozt likes this.
  5. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I liked it :D
    The last line was an amazing punch line.

But:
    Normal woman decides to fight off a beard instead of hiding?
    I wonder which kind of girls you have been dating these days sir :D

Antman, Ghozt and Canadian98 like this.
  6. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

I love it Ghozt, your Writing skills are exceptional, I would love to see more (PS Im not kissing your ass, I was actually being truthful:D)

Ghozt likes this.
  7. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Part one-

I walk through the worn, old forest, only wielding my keen eye and a simple dagger. A twig snaps and I spin around brandishing my small dagger in an instant. Nothing. I keep on walking, cautious of any foolhardy animals or beings that might be creeping up on me.
    I keep walking picking up the required pieces, slender straight sticks, hard medium sized rocks. All I have to do is get me some feathers. I slip past all the trees, without a sound. I find a good perch on top of an old yellowed mossy rock, it gives me a good vantage point to look over the trickling stream. I make sure I keep my gain hidden, out of sight.
    All I hear next, is what I presume from years of hunting and gathering, is the sound of an animal yelping. The yelp sounded similar to when I put a knife precisely through a fox's neck. It shows how sly I can be, outwitting a fox!
    I spin around and again see nothing. After a few seconds I hear a rich and sexy voice.
    "What are you doing out here, collecting that highly poisonous moss for dinner?"
    I recoiled in shock and fright. I had to regain my cool and after an exaggerated pause I replied with a simple,
    "Thanks"
    It happened so quick, suddenly we started some gentle chatter, the next a massive bear was about to crush her. As I was talking to her a massive roar boomed over the forest and the frail trees let out their own scream of pain. I knew already, it was a bear.
    Without thinking I ran, not away but towards the sound. I flung my dagger out of my pocket and ordered my newly found friend to hide. Like most woman she decided to disobey me and come running. That was the first time I noticed her bow and arrows slung lazily across her back.
    Something you should know about me before we go on, you may have guessed I make arrows, but I can't actually use them. I sell them to King Arthur's army.
    We both ran and she was already poised for battle, a nifty arrows ready to behead anything in it's path.
    It finally came into view. I knew this bear only wanted lunch. It was massive, it roars again and it's shaggy, dirty metal like fur jiggle, like they are alive.
    Without notice the bear started to run, blood stained mouth and all.
    I knew running would be no good so I jumped onto a tree and scaled it. That was one of many things to ever go wrong for me. As soon as my palms and feet started banging along the tree I noticed it was hollow.
    Crraaaaccckkkkk. The tree started to bend over and was close to snapping, at the last second I jumped before it completely snapped.
    Lucky for me I tumbled out of the way from the monstrous tree. The bear, well it's luck wasn't to good. A small chunk of the tree snapped off and clipped him across the head.
    I could tell the beast was extremely disorientated. Not disorientated to catch the girl who's name I didn't even know yet off guard. He started to gallop towards her as she looked the other way. She was about to be ripped apart by a jaw with a bite able to snap a perfectly strong and healthy tree in half.
    If I yelled, she might not hear me, or respond to late.
    If I run I won't make it.
    I was out of ideas. It sprung to me and I only had one chance. I steadied my arm and posed like someone who had been doing this all his life.
    Fnnnt. The knife glided through the air, trickling in circles around and around I watched it not daring to move it look away.
    ROARRRRR.
    all that practice payed off and I got the massive bear in one of it's least protected areas. It's neck.
    The lady heard the bear roar in pain and the only then did she come back to the real world. In an instant she was already loaded her bow and within a few seconds had lodged an arrow through it's left eye.
    I told her,
    "Looks like dinners going to be good tonight!"

8. Hawker

Hawker Bison Rider

nice ghozt i can never come up with good stories

Ghozt likes this.
  9. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

*applause*

Ghozt likes this.
  10. CoD

CoD Haxor

Nice part 2 :)

Ghozt likes this.
  11. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

awesome! Part 2 was good. I think an appropriate name for one of the characters would be... Bunnyboy!... or Harry Slap Cabbage.

Bunnyninja likes this.
  12. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

So I'm guessing you voted try harder in English, wouldnt suprise me.
    Also, don't worry you will be included in the story. The part where they practice archery on Bunnies and make a massacre with Bunnies everywhere. My favorite bit.

//Edit: I will start writing part three now.

Bammboo likes this.
  13. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

Nah, your Enwish is betre the mine... Are the Bunnies the ones leading the massacre? :D

14. Hawker

Hawker Bison Rider

so if there are bunnies where are the hawks

Bunnyboy likes this.
  15. Antman

Antman Base Burner

And the Ants! :D

Bunnyboy likes this.
  16. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

I mention the main character in part three having traits a like a hawk.
    I shall try and incorporate ants into part three, it should e done in a few minutes after I finish the bunny hunting and gruesome description but.

Antman likes this.
  17. Hawker

Hawker Bison Rider

i reckon the main character should just unleash his pet hawks onto the unsuspecting bunnies :P

18. Antman

Antman Base Burner

And you need a ghost of course ;)

19. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

King Arthur's Army
    Part 2-

On the way home I asked Emery how she earns her gold. She was reluctant to give up her identity and job. I finally pried the answer out of her, with my lady skills of course. She told me she works for King Arthurs army. Everyone knows them, they are the best of the best, (dumb cliché) if King Arthur is in danger these are the men an women that are called to defend and ultimately defeat the threat.

It was my turn. I explained to her what I do for my income. I craft, from scratch, arrows and then sell them. A lot of workmanship goes into the making of an arrow. I could make hundreds a day and make a fortune. I pried myself though, I spend lots of time and effort for each arrow. That's why they cost so much gold. I was curious, how highly regarded is my workmanship.
    "Emery, mind showing me your arrows"
    "Least I can do Connor" she responded with a her beautiful smile.
    At that moment we arrived at my house and I invited her inside. She still scanned my home like she thought someone was watching. She breathed and complemented my run down shack just to be polite.

So I got back to the arrows.
    What do you know, my signature peace symbol inscribed into the head of the arrow. I told her that I made that arrow.
    She was astonished and tried to convince me that I couldn't do something this good. So, I showed her me making one of my arrows.

I pulled out my trusty dagger and sharpened it with my mineral rock.
    I found a candidate and started to slice the stick down the shaft until I had a roughly accurate arrow stick.
    I got a worthy rock and walked into my shack where all my equipment is stored and went to work on the stone with the battered rock grinder. I precisely groused the rock into a triangle arrow head then pounded a small circular hole just big enough to fit the stick inside.
    With my home-made glue I smothered the end of the stick and inserted it into the rock. For extra strength I tied some twine around the head and the stick and tied a knot.
    I cut three slits barely the width of the thin knife used and, again, with the glue I smothered a feather and squished it flush in the slit.
    Then to finish it off, carved my special symbol into the head.

I showed Emery and she was astonished at my craftsmanship.
    Now, I asked Emery if she would like some dinner.
    "Gladly, after a day like today!"
    I grabbed the bear out of my bag, well what was left if it, I decided to share the bear with some of the people on the outskirts of the town.

I cooked up some turnips, purple carrots, cabbage, and of corse the bear.
    What nice bear it was. The bear was such a nice treat, I barely have any meat because making arrows is not the best way to make money as a merchant.

"Thanks for that dinner, I shall now continue my journey, bye"
    I had already attached towards this girl and she was leaving, so without thinking, I responded,
    "Let me come, I have no money, making arrows is boring, I want to get out of here, this poverty and come and fight for King Arthur!"
    She looked at me straight faced,
    "Pack your bags, I'll see what I can do"
    I just stood there dumbfounded.
    I grabbed what little I had and just left everything else. I knew this girl no longer than a day and I'm venturing with her into the wild.
    I asked Emery why she took me on board,
    "Because Conner, you are one talented man and we need someone like you, you saved my life!"
    "So what do I have to do to become apart of the Kings army?"
    Don't worry, I will handle that.

Sorry for quite a boring and dull part 2- the next part should hopefully contain some action. Again I wrote this from my iPod.

Thanks for reading.

I3lue, KnightGabe13, Gamerbro and 5 others like this.
  20. LachB

LachB Shipwright

That's a really good story I enjoyed it