1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Progress, setbacks, boats and ropes.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jun 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

No to upgrading armour etc system. That's not what KAG is about.

Vaulting is not being removed, but is getting changed a little with corner kicking. We'll be getting all of that tweaked out with the testers so that movement is still both simple and fairly deep. I _do_ want to cut down on the amount of "hold WD to get to battlefield" though. Slash vaulting will likely stay as it lets knights get out of smaller pits without a builder as well.

2. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

Ugh. I'd hate to see people just straight upgrade their gear after sitting in a hole for half the game grinding up money and resources. Also, I can see a side running out of resources and fighting over them. It'd like to see a team upgrade system where an entire team gets a bonus from certain upgrades, but people just grinding by themselves to upgrade themselves to fight by themselves is a fairly bad idea, and would probably hurt the teamwork of the game.

Gofio likes this.
  3. CoD

CoD Haxor

Yeah, it annoys the crap outta me, glad armours not becoming a regular thing.

TheFilip likes this.
  4. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

Also, if we will be able to attach stuff to ropes, I can't wait to see people hot-potatoing with kegs attached to swinging ropes. I really hope ropes with help deal with the fact that archers can just mass-camp in towers and spam can completely de-rail a match with tickets.

ShnitzelKiller likes this.
  5. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Yah, slash jumping is staying!
    I find its an extra balance to knight, even though it was never intended it works awesome with knight combat. Just from things like having the ability to slash across a void in the middle of the map, something not feasible by a normal jump really balances it out. Archers can get height if trees and builders can build across.

Now we wait.

HERaLD likes this.
  6. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

I can't hold onto my sanity much longer. I need an update, even a little bug-fixer.
    I NEED IT NOW. :eek:

7. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Hey... i know the upgrade thing is dumb... but why not have chests underground with gold and an armor upgrade, for that digging arcehole who decides to dig. Has to be rare mind you and the room with that special chest will have to be trapped as well so it won't be easy.

8. Exid

Exid Shark Slayer

I hate that mechanic (glitch or whatever) even though I use it a lot, it stuffs up a lot off attacks when trying to slash downwards (Ex : Slashing off a hill or person, Slashing right after a bomb jump)

9. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Right. :>:(: Imma deleting a bunch of the above posts on account of them being off-topic. I don't mind giving people some room to express their excitement, but Godrow's last post just tore it.

Next off-topic post gets warned.

Ghozt and jerloch like this.
  10. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

The slash jumping downwards leading to stun/harm does need to be fixed in classic but uh, slash jumping is intended (ie I tested that it worked for jumping higher when I recoded that). Not sure where everyone gets their info about what is and isn't a bug.

@Sirpixelot: Why would we want to encourage the tunnelling idiots? We're going to place chests around the map to encourage exploration etc but not way underground, since then literally the only people getting the chests will be tunnellers, who contribute zip to their team and waste heaps of time.

MooCowMan, Awesomec, Ghozt and 2 others like this.
  11. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I was sleepy at the time when i made that post. Sorry D:
    How about chests in small randomly occurring flying temples...? Or on floating islands. When someone grabs said chest... then that platform collapses... probably kill or hurt the person. :I

12. HERaLD

HERaLD Shark Slayer

Just a question, but how large is the average War map envisioned to be?
    Also, will new Physics work so that blocks will not just fall directly downwards? I think that would be good, being able to do things like blow walls inwards with kegs, by which I mean, where applicable, a force such as an explosion, will DISPLACE blocks like castle wall, making them move in the opposite direction of the blast, killing anyone on the other side of the wall, then becoming rubble? Because that would be quite fun, I think.

13. Geti

@Sirpixelot: eh maybe. It'd be more likely to be the first than the second, I'd like to get some proper use of dungeon gen into the game.
    @Herald: large maps like 600-1000 wide and no because we have a time budget.

delankski and HERaLD like this.
  14. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

It was never stated from what I have read as a feature, sorry about that.

15. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

also, what would a tunneller want with golden armor? he's underground for forty-five minutes, without facing any enemies!
    now THIS is a good idea!
    place it underground, in the middle of the map, and everyone is gonna rush, dig, and it will create HUGE underground battles!

DrZaloski likes this.
  16. HERaLD

HERaLD Shark Slayer

So like a big Arena Dungeon in the middle of the map that houses some ancient relic that will give a buff to the entire team that wields it? If that's the case, it should probably be stored at the tent or something, so you can steal it. The one issue I can see to this is that an already overpowered team will be able to become even more powerful, demolishing everyone.

17. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

How about a massive dungeon in the sky?
    Now like i said before, when someone gets the relic... then the whole thing goes down, but from each end so you can have some time to escape. There's three tiers of items in three dungeons. Each dungeon will be higher than the first, mmeaning the first item will be easy to get and is lowest.. them the second will be slightly harder which is higher than the last and the last will be quite difficult this one will be on the top of the map. The ancient relic can be a weapon... or an armor buff. And its name will have to have random like in rogue-like games.

lukepop and Gofio like this.
  18. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

nope! the other team can build towers on top of the hill, and close off all tunnels!
    one team will get awesome powers, the other team gets the hill!
    that, or one team sucks. but then it would only speed the proces up, right?
    </br>--- merged: Jul 2, 2012 1:58 PM ---</br>
    this is KAG, not skyrim.
    kag is easy, quick, and fun.
    if you add multiple dimensions and ancient dungeons, it would be too complicated.
    of course, you can make maps with flying islands, but I dont think it would make sense to add sky islands.
    even normal islands result in problems!

delankski likes this.
  19. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

Well waht's more faster for ending a game..

the Classic mode or Warmode?

btw: i like the concept of Warmode, Hardened gameplay and increased options :)

Gofio likes this.
  20. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Still... why not have flying dungeons... its more challenging since there's gonna be ladder battles and all kinds of things. Sure its like skyrim, but in skyrim you have massive dungeons, chests, urns with stuff in em, demons, undead nords, mages from some bad guild etc.
    It would be super fun really. Having it on the ground would be fun too, but its easy to get in the dungeon.
    Do you want it easy to obtain... or impossible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.