1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Progress, setbacks, boats and ropes.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jun 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

For me we shouldnt get ideas from SKYRIM..
    Instead of getting those ideas, we should develop our own :)
    It will make something more great and magnificent.
    Unlike other games , having no "Sense of Originality".
    Well KAG is far different to those games :)
    That's all , and lastly just end the "Skyrim" Topic.

By the way, if this update will be released sooner than september. I'LL DIE AND WAIT FOR IT.
    [JUST LOL]

2. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

i want it to be KAG.
    if you add a flying dungeon, its not KAG anymore.
    </br>--- merged: Jul 2, 2012 5:38 PM ---</br>
    so true!
    i mean, what other game allows you to dig dirt with a hammer, to use a piece of iron as a paraglider, to use said piece of iron to fly by pointing it at a splozive, and to put people in siege machines and flingin' them to outerspace!?

3. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

It's called "Think outside the Box".

Anyway, as update, i will do first boat, chest, gain gold and act like a pirate, YARR HARR! :D

4. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Thinking outside the box you say?
    Theres a thought outside the damn box yo...

Npcs... the most retarded yet useful AI ever.
    Have them spawn in as migrants from a slave market workshop... now in order to stop slave spam there has to be a limit like 10 migrants or 20 random number really.

Now these unfortunate bastards can be any of the current classes...
    Knights - A.k.a the guards of your base. Just place them where you want them like how its done in zombie multiplayer.

Archers - Same as the knights and you can set the distance as well. :D

Builders - Now these bastards can be the merchants and the diggers... all they do is dig at a set area and build what ever you set there. They can also fix damaged areas you may also have to set those as well. They all can collect resourses, make food (if thats added in) and anything you can order them to do. :D
    They can also fire catapolts and such. So you dont have to be at the base fucking around with building shit. :|

Good Idea or no? :o

lukepop likes this.
  5. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

yes please spend time fixing a bug that really isn't important when there are other things like hit detection and shield bashing weirdness to fix.

6. I think we play 2 different games.

7. Rayne

Also, I think wasting time on fixing some stupid head glitch is just plain retarded when there are more important things to fix.
    Also, you and other people have mentioned it dozens of times.
    Also, if you really cared you'd just use bugs.kag2d.com instead of saying it in EVERY BUILD THREAD.
    Come on now.

don't really report it, it's already been reported, and that's another reason for you to stop saying it every build thread.

FuzzyBlueBaron, Gofio, AnRK and 3 others like this.
  8. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Considering the games gonna get polished after the deadline anyway I'd rather they avoided anything that only effected the gameplay by causing very random and occasional ballaches, especially the ones that are lag related and happen in alot of online games anyway. I'd prefer they prioritised content and gameplay mechanics they actually intend on been there, and fix bugs that don't take them eons of time to find the cause of for now and sort that shit out later. Given the community involvement and general dedication to wanting to make a decent game, I wouldn't put it past them that they'd let a select amount of us cunts snoop around the code for bugs if we show we can be trusted with it and/or they dedicate some poor fucker from their office to ironing the game out post-release anyway. Might be more of a wait for them to get fixed at that point but I think it's well worth putting up with for the sake of the full game been as expansive, balanced and playable as it can be.

All in all I dunno why anyone would want them wasting time with disappearing custom heads, occasional fucked up shield bashes, and other mostly minor and rare happenings such as that when they have a game to finish. I'd rather they only fix the major obvious bugs and other gamebreakers, and avoid any little bits that are gonna take them ages to uproot, unless it's gonna take them even longer to fix if they leave it.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Rayne like this.
  9. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

one piece?
    </br>--- merged: Jul 3, 2012 10:55 AM ---</br>
    Raynes onna rampage!
    </br>--- merged: Jul 3, 2012 10:58 AM ---</br>
    NO! absoluterylutely NO!
    what you want, is that NPC's take over the game, and start running everything.
    the only thing we would be able to do is build, because they already do the fighting and the resourcegathering.
    does this sound like an apocalypse situation or what?
    we will be enslaved by our own servants!
    OH GOD Y U DO THAT!?

10. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

I agree with Gofio, NO BOTS! They will ruin the point of the game. They were introduced in Zombie Fortress because in the story in all zombie games is you're trying to find other survivors and survive together, and Zombie Fortress Multiplayer wasn't here yet. Atleast, I think that's why they were added. Probably also because throwing migrants off towers is, by most standards, downright hilarious!

If you don't want to play the game and fight for yourself, that's fine, but don't ruin it for us by adding bots on EVERY server. If you wanted do, you could ask Saverous to mod bots into your server for you. ;)
    /endrant

TL;DR
    Lol, I don't even know who suggested bots in the first place.:p
    But no bots. Period.

11. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

Bots would fit only in overworld, as random peasants running around, bandits and necromancers :D

DrZaloski and Gofio like this.
  12. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I bet that secretly, half of the players you see on any given server are actually bots and it's just that no one has noticed yet.

13. Rayne

This explains why they build such shitty things, and never talk.

14. HERaLD

HERaLD Shark Slayer

I don't think even the Bots could fail as much as I've seen...although, you may have a point, as I've seen premium players running into walls without jumping, and even a server that had two archers who just walked along missing their shots. Their names?
    "Thisisabot","Thisisanotherbot".
    Bot conspiracy theory could be correct?

Gofio likes this.
  15. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Yet again, premium does not equal skilled or cognitively ept. Infact some people have actively bought premium for the minecraft/terrariaish pissing about farming and mining stuff that was planned for the overworld.

16. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I'm too tired to moderate, atm. But I swear by my wife's fluffy bunny slippers that I will be MOST DISPLEASED if I come back tomorrow to find that people have continued their off-topic chatter in this thread. :>:(:

Ghozt likes this.
  17. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

So how bout them higgs boson particles, pretty interesting eh? :p

Anyway, before fbb's wife gets pissed, it has been a fair while since last update, not been this bigger gap in a while now, kites look pretty funny though.

SARGRA13, DrZaloski and Ghozt like this.
  18. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

new ways to throw noobs into piles of zombies?
    nope.

I sure do hope that they hurry up with those boats.
    I dont "me gusta" drowning.

19. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

Some suggestions are a little... ambitious. This game will be done in less then 2 months, I doubt we're seeing any huge updates that we don't already know about. I'd be very surprised to see a suggestion, especially some of these very large ones, to get into the game, or anything like them. I'd like to see the game fixed up a bit, and I hope that ropes and boats will help a lot though. I really just want to see the balance a little tighter (GAWDDAMN ARCHERS AND CATAPULTS!), and maybe not such an incredibly simple and boring Zombie Fortress mode (right now single-player is much more enjoyable).

Also, why is whenever I'm quoted I have an obvious typo? CURSE YOU AUTOCORRECT!
    </br>--- merged: Jul 4, 2012 6:35 PM ---</br>
    I also want to add that (although I'm starting to sound hypocritical here) that if the idea of a team upgrade and/or experience bar would be implemented (which it won't) and if a team would get a bonus from it, I'd like them to be very small, less direct upgrades. I'd hate to see like "everyone gets an extra heart!" or "everyone gets increased attack damage!". I'd like to see little, almost side-grades, bonuses, designed to help turn a particular situation in the game. Something like knights invulnerable to archer stun, or builders get wooden shields to block arrows, or builders can destroy blocks and dig faster, all these would help end an archer stale-mate, and end the game quicker. Or maybe better/cheaper boats when boats come out, or cheaper bombs, ect. Basically stuff that wouldn't annoy players on one to one matches, but would give one team an edge that lets then overcome a hard spot or turn the tables in order to avoid a game dragging out. The most important part is NO damage or health upgrades, nothing that just makes one team much better in combat.

SARGRA13 and Sirpixelot like this.
  20. fishfinger73

fishfinger73 Haxor

Boats are lookinng good, and will be a great addition to KAG :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.