1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Masery's Majestic Competition!

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by Masery, Jul 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Masery

Masery is actually Maroon Donator

I said on the first page, Pacific Standard.

2. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

I know, so I coordinated our two times and that is in 45 minutes, right?

I still have 45 minutes to finish, right? I am starting to panic now.

Ah, I feel like such a stupid fool, my apologies for bothering you, it's Wednesday, almost 12 PM I still have a day.

3. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

O_0 I live in Australia too and I'm pretty sure it's Thursday. ;)

4. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

It's Wednesday there: coming up to midnight soon.

5. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

Gamerbro likes this.
  6. Masery

Masery is actually Maroon Donator

Just because I've been getting some clarification messages ; It's FRIDAY's Midnight. Not Midnight Thursday, that becomes Friday.
    The end of Friday.
    Just to be clear.
    Capiche?
    </br>--- merged: Jul 19, 2012 10:22 PM ---</br>
    Ehem, due to some Family matters, I have to extend the competition. The last day is now SUNDAY, MIDNIGHT. My mother's in the hospital, and I have to go there now. Thanks for understanding, you guys.

Arcite, justin101, Riletyface and 2 others like this.
  7. FlamingDragon96

FlamingDragon96 Shark Slayer

If I would know how to use After Effects and Pro Vegas I would make an epic ingame KAG video.

8. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

I hope she gets better and I send my dearest regards.

I understand.
    (Isn't also better for us, getting more time?)

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  9. dangertank44

dangertank44 Shark Slayer

Hey this looks really cool. Will love to see all the competitors. Don't want to enter, would probably fail horribly XD

10. Yay, 12 hours of writing word just disspeared.. Fuck the world and now back to writing :>:(:
    </br>--- merged: Jul 20, 2012 3:37 PM ---</br>
    I will test how spoiler works...

Here is my story!!!
    Lies, there is no story
    Is that right?

Adinxs and Bunnyboy like this.
  11. Kinpump

Kinpump Music Guy THD Team Donator

Wohoo, working on my entry right now :)
    Awsome that we have got some more time left!

12. SirSammy

SirSammy Shark Slayer

No Small-Game Making Competitions? :< Naooo(and so on)!

13. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

So Carver and I are working jointly on two entries. Would we each be able to enter another thing on top of that?

If so:

If not then ignore.

14. Creille

Creille Base Burner

Can someone give me a time in hours till this finishes it will benefit all of us :D

15. Kinpump

Depens on what time zone you live in!

After pacific time (this contest is held in) it is right now:
    Friday, 20th July, 3:45 p.m.
    The Contest ends sunday midnight, so still plenty of time left ;)

16. Earthbound

Earthbound Shipwright

In case this hasnt finished yet, I will give it a shot.
    War or peace?

There was once a castle called camelot. Maybe you have heard about it. There was a king who pulled a magic sword called Excalibur. The king's name was Arthur.
    The king was a good person overall. But one day...

-This is such a beautiful day. -The king said- Spring has started, and everyone is working. Ahhh..
    The king palace was very big. It was made -mostly- of stone. It had some wooden doors, some of them were very tall. In the room were the king was, there was a throne made of pure gold. He was sitting on it, wearing his crown (made of gold too) and majestic clothes.
    Then, somebody opened the door. He was a guard of the castle, he seemed to be really scared.
    -King! King!- He shouted- There is a problem at the town!
    -What's wrong? -the king asked-
    -Everyone is fighting!
    -What do you mean by "everyone"?
    -I mean that people is fighting, Men, women. Even some guards of the castle are fighting! -The guard said, scared-
    -What!? Why are they fighting!
    -I'm not sure! They just started fighthing! They even formed teams to battle!
    -We must see whats going on! -The king said, and he and the guard went outside of the castle and went to the town, as fast as they could.
    When they arrived, the scene was way too bloody. Knights were doing sword fights, while archers were shooting them in the back. There were some builders, chopping trees and mining rocks. Gibs of people were flying everywhere and shouts were not absent.
    The king, when he saw all that destruction, shouted:
    -Whats going on here!?
    -WHAT DO YOU MEAN WITH WAS GOING ON HERE?!- a knight, who was trying to kill an archer just 2 seconds ago, shouted to the king.-THERE IS A WAR!
    -Why are you fighting?! - the king asked
    -I DONT KN--- then an arrow went through his head, killing him.
    -This is madness! - the king said to the guard who was next to him.
    -I know, my king.
    -They dont even know why are they fighting!
    -Maybe they are doing it for fun?
    -FOR FUN!? They are killing themselves! I dont find that funny!
    -Yes, my king, but look at that!
    The king looked where the guard told the king to look, and what he saw was really weird. People, strangely enough, appaered out of a tent, that the builders built, probably just when the battle started. What was even more strange, is that they were the people who died just 3 seconds ago! They came back to live!
    -Wha-!? - The king said
    -They seem to magically come back to live! - the guard said.
    -Wait. If there is no risk that they die at all...
    -They could have been fighting for fun!
    -But they still feel the pain when they get hurt! - the king said
    -Maybe, but, probably they feel better when they kill somebody else at fight. -the guard replied
    -How is that even possible?
    Then the king looked at an archer who was fighting with another archer. Their fight was funny to see. They were jumping over the trees and shooting arrows to the other. They did that for like 1 minute, until one fell on the floor, and the other used that opportunity to shoot him in the chest, killing him. The other archer was hurted, but could move.
    Then, just to the right of the dead archer, there were some coins and his heart ,weird though, it seemed bigger than than his head. Then the other archer, touched the heart and his wound got magically healed!
    -Wow. - The king said, who seemed to be entretained rather than scared.- That seemed funny actually.
    -You see king? I think we have solved one mistery now. -the guard said.
    -Yes, but this still doesnt has sense.
    -Does it really matter, my king? -the guard said-
    -... Hm, i guess it doesnt.
    -They are having fun.
    -And, even though im not fighting, am having fun too. -the king said-
    -I think i know what you mean, my king.
    -This is like a sport. Just that there is no real way to win.
    Then, a sound, almost musical, was heard. In front of the king and the guard a knight, whose clothes were red like half of the people fighting, ran with a big blue flag. He was being followed by the whole blue team and one or two reds. The blue knights tried to kill him so hard, they even threw bombs to him, but it was pointless. The knight with the flag entered a big rocky building that the builders built just before the king and the guard went to see the fight. The blues tried to get in, but just when they got to the door, the floor opened and the blue knights fell on it and some shouts were heared. It was a trap.
    The red knight with the flag was almost dancing of joy when he got to his team's tent. Then, he made a small jump and another musical sound was heared.
    The red team has won!
    The whole red team was dancing, throwing bombs, and doing funny stuff, while the blue team was sad, and started saying that a certain person had the fault they lose, they were angry too.
    The king's last statement was wrong. There was a way to win.
    -I see...-the king said-
    -My king, now that we have solved another mystery, what are we going to do now?
    -Well, since this "sport" has a point, its not really "mortal", and that, when they kill someone they get gold and that we can get some of their money selling them supplies, i think i can make this Official.
    -Do you mean that...?
    -Yes, this will be a new official sport!
    -My king, what will be this sport's game?
    -Let's stop calling it a sport, it will be called a game.
    -Allright, my king. But what will be this "games'" name?
    -I have one that fits perfectly...
    -And it is...?
    -King Arthur's gold.
    Sorry if it has some misspelling, but my main language is not english. I will fix them if i find them. :)
    Edit: BTW, there is only ONE player besides me who will understand the title. :D

17. feet

feet Bison Rider

My entry:

All he could here is the sound of their pickaxes turning the stone into rubble and the muffled screams of those whose lives are about to be ended. It was extremely cold and the pitch black darkness of the tunnel did little to raise his spirits. A dampened shriek filled the still air, and Andrew recognized the voice and smiled grimly. Mathew died a noble death, fighting for his kingdom. With all the units used up, Mathew won't be able to rise again, that is until the next delivery comes from the lands in the north.
    In the north there are the ruins of the more highly developed past eras. There workers salvage what they could, and thus many aspects of the army is more advanced than others. There they found plans for explosives, the super light yet strong alloy used for shields among other things.
    Andrew unsheathed his sword and helped the builders digging the underground pathway beneath enemy grounds. He was a skilled knight and very experience. He longed to be above, slaying enemies with ease but he would be of more help down below. They were losing anyway you looked at it. Red nation had a few units left and were advancing far. The tunnel was a last ditch attempt.
    "How much longer?" Andrew quietly asked Belinda, one of the 3 builders who was chipping away at a block of rock.
    "Not long," She replied. "We'll dig right under their base and then tunnel up. At least that outpost they have is becoming somewhat useful. The base should be deserted."
    "Hopefully. Anyway, we should dig a staircase up. It will be a lot easier to advance, especially if there are archers."
    BEEP! Red had ran out of units. About time.

Belinda passed the message along to the other five knights and two builders and they begun to ascend.
    "Hey! They're under our base!" The thudding of feet soon followed and a short while after a hole dug by 6 red knights appeared. One of them began to insult them at their failed attempt. That was his mistake. 'Lol, noob' was Andrew's only thoughts as he ran his sword up the idiots's gut. That left five. A minute later there were none left. 30 seconds later, they had taken Red's flag. But it was all in vain. The Red's had retrieved the Blue flag and had just returned to capture it. Andrew grimaced at the sight. Glancing back he saw Belinda enter Red's tent to change into a knight, and the rest of the builder's followed. The least they could do was go down with honor.
    And what better company to go down with.

18. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

So is it not too late to enter?

19. Kinpump

20. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

I think it is too late, for me anyway. I probably don't have enough time to do something good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.