1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Things you may not know about Knight

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Auri, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Zeigy

Zeigy Shopkeep Stealer

50. Taking on a customised knight in one-on-one combat is like a boss fight. Be prepared for a sword fight and a struggle.

2. Ostricheggs

Ostricheggs Shipwright

51. Shield bashing down against a person on a ladder sends them flying off.

52. If two guys fight one above another on vertical ladders whichever on gets hit first usually ends up falling down staggered (often to their death). That goes for either the person on top or on bottom.

53. KAG is a laggy game. It's better just to let a shitty death go than to get mad. As good as the combat system is ATM it isn't fool-proof at all.

54. Pre-battle positioning and in battle movement determines about 50% of all fights. The other 50% is split between timing and lag. Explicitly think about your next move, where you're going to move and how you're going to out-maneuver your opponent.

55. VERY important that you understand that bombs have been changed to account for the direction of your mouse instead of momentum alone. Previously only momentum determined where a bomb went when you threw it, now it has to do with where you aim your curser (as shown by the 360 degree arrow around your dude as well as momentum. I couldn't throw a bomb for over a month until I learned that.

56. USE STAGGERS EFFECTIVELY! When you understand staggers, when they happen, how they work, caveats etc., you'll become a master knight.

57. certain staggers (the shield down to pin your enemy to the ground specifically comes to mind) prevent you from hitting a knight from the front.

I'll post more later, gotta go
    </br>--- merged: Apr 4, 2012 5:35 PM ---</br>
    58. Hand-held bomb jumps distance is determined by how fast your are moving laterally when the bomb goes off! You can pinpoint nearly exaclty where you're going to land between shielding and speed at the bombs explosion.

59. When you spawn with a LOT of gold, buy all the bombs you can buy and hide them in a place where other knights won't pick them up you greedy SOB!

60. Kill BC and strathos first. trust me.

61. If you shield a jab there's an immediate opening to jab back and land a hit, but it's incredibly suspect to lag. Avoid jabbing if you can unless accompanied by effective use of staggers. Lag determines who wins a jab battle of half the time, even if there's some semblance of predictability in jabs

62. Master movement in KAG. Effective movement as a knight for the most part makes up for the serious lack of battle builders.

63. Sometimes it's more effective to be patient in an advantageous position over an enemy and wait for reinforcements/builders to secure your new ground. Time in KAG is valuable, you'll do more damage sitting atop a tower or by a bridge over a trap than you would chasing down that fleeing builder, even if it doesn't help your KD.

64. If you trimp (jumping off a tile above you to get increased height) you can throw a bomb higher than you could on flat ground!

3. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

I think "stun" and "vault" are the common terms for "stagger" and "trimp." I'm pretty sure you made those up. :)

Rayne likes this.
  4. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

65. 720 no scope headshot

5. Supersonicstar09

Supersonicstar09 Catapult Fodder

66. Don't rush into a battle wait at spawn for another Knight to come by and watch your back. ;)

Guitarman and Beef like this.
  6. CoD

CoD Haxor

67. If an enemy is stuck in a pit of yours and can't get out; DO NOT ATTACK HIM AND DO NOT MADLY THROW ALL YOUR BOMBS DOWN THERE! If you attack them who says you're going to kill them and if you throw bombs they could pick them up throw them back or shield down to them and get vaulted out or you will just destroy the whole god damn pit.

Supersonicstar09 and GHOZT like this.
  7. 00_Raiser

00_Raiser Builder Stabber

68. If you bomb jump, watch where u jump. I've many cases where a person accidentally kill their teammates when not giving themselves not enough time. Also, depending on where u jump, u can set off traps or break bridges that'll hurt ur team.

8. allknowingfrog

+1 Something intelligent to say in your very first post.
    -1 Too lazy to spell "you."

9. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

69. Bombs jump off water. Use it for longer range.

70. Holding higher ground above water with your shield without attacking will prevent your enemy to climb up and get them drowned.

10. allknowingfrog

Do bombs still skip on water? I haven't been able to do it lately. :(

11. cmblast

cmblast Shopkeep Stealer

I think that the angle has to be shallower than before, but I need to check. I feel like I have skipped bombs recently.

12. Exid

Exid Shark Slayer

I don't know why it happens, but skipping bombs is about 10 times more easier on red then blue. Then again I only played with water for a few builds, so I don't know if this was fixed.

71. Make a list of priorities before you go to fight, make sure you know what you are up against.

72. Sometimes just avoid hitting people in a fight and jump over them, If they're to slow to react you can score a few hits.

73. Long fused bombs can be more useful then short fused bombs

(Changed number 73, so it's not a text of words that don't mean anything.

13. thegoodone

thegoodone Tree Planter

Yeah, I always use jumps in RTDM. I guess that it s one of the most effective way to kill newbies.However,it always helps me.

14. Foremole

Foremole Tree Planter

74. (probably already added) Bombs have a time counter you can see by holding your mouse near one. It is possible to see this while holding your shield in front of you. Use this to kill enemy Knights in chokepoints.

75. You can skip on water. Jump at the right height and point your shield down. If You do it right, you'll bounce up and forward. Keep doing this consecutively to send yourself far across the ocean - even 3 bounces will probably save you precious air.

76. By punching trees you can knock archers out of them. Use this on lone or small groups of trees to remove any archers that may be camping.

77. Always punch the trees if you're going into enemy territory, especially tall ones. You never know when an archer might start firing from one of them.

Sorry if any of these were already added, or if they were dumb. These are just some of the tricks I use to be a bit more effective in combat.

15. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

I think that if you always hit trees then this makes you vunronable to prying archers only hit a tree if you suspect something in my opinion.:)

16. Foremole

Foremole Tree Planter

Not really... with any tree, if there's an archer in it they're either going to shoot at you or wait until a tunnel is built further up and then kill builders. And it doesn't open you up to archer shots. If anything, it makes it harder for them to hit you, because they have to keep moving to dodge your hits on their tree.

Froghead48 likes this.
  17. 78. If a trapbridge is 2 blocks above you, it's impossible to turn it neutral withour a builder, and sometimes bombs. If the block below you is dirt, stone, or gold, the latter highly unlikely, dig down one block and KAZAM! You are able to turn that bridge neutral.

79.You can also turn trapbridges neutral (assuming it's out of jabbing range) by slash jumping. Just by barely nicking the bottom of the bridge with a slash. A teamate can then boost your delectably pro arse up on to the trap bridge that you so skillfully slashed. Then you can proceed on to your goals.

soulrealm likes this.
  18. Infiniterising

Infiniterising Amorous Duelist Donator

80. If there is a few ladders under an enemy trapbridge go down a little bit, just in range of a jab but too far for it to close up.
    Then make it neutral.
    </br>--- merged: Apr 27, 2013 10:06 AM ---</br>
    80. If there is a few ladders under an enemy trapbridge go down a little bit, just in range of a jab but too far for it to close up.
    Then make it neutral.
    </br>--- merged: Apr 27, 2013 10:06 AM ---</br>
    sorry lag made me post the same comment 2 times

19. This is pretty much what I just said .-.

20. Infiniterising

Infiniterising Amorous Duelist Donator

:P you didn't say shit about ladderz