1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Can't launch the game

Discussion in 'General Help' started by krislor, May 14, 2012.

1. krislor

krislor Catapult Fodder

Hello,
    I'm using ubuntu 12.04; more specifically "lubutu" (ubuntu with lxde).
    When i start the luncher it says:
    "Autoupdate failed.
    Please goto kag2d.com to download the latest version if this problem persists.
    Last error msg:
    version.txt file corrupted. Please reinstall the game"

So i did re-downloaded the latest version & reinstalled the game :S Also tried to manually replace the version.txt from here. But the problem remains.

The luncher says build:368 , so it is outdated. But is also the latest downloadable version.

Help? =)

2. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

hi krislor,

there was a problem with the autoupdate server which I just resolved, please try launching the game now

3. krislor

krislor Catapult Fodder

Yup, solved.
    Ty.

4. Pilou

Pilou Shopkeep Stealer

Hi,
    I have the same problem, not solved for me. What should I do to fix it?

5. FliesLikeABrick

Please post your exact error message - either copy and paste or a screenshot. Do not summarize/paraphrase.

6. Pilou

Pilou Shopkeep Stealer

[​IMG]
    </br>--- merged: Jun 10, 2012 11:28 AM ---</br>
    No solutions ?

7. Medivend

Medivend Catapult Fodder

I have exactly the same problem. :( Using Lubuntu 11.10 (Ubuntu with lxde).

AMD Athlon 1800+ 1,5GHz
    Nvidia GForce5200FX, Altough havent installed video driver yet.

Game run previously on this same machine with Win XP SP3 very well.

Best regards!

8. FliesLikeABrick

Medivend there have been a few issues mentioned here, can you specify which issue you were having?

Also please try again with the download posted on the site today - we just updated the installers on the site significantly, the one you tried was likely very, very old

9. Nim148

Nim148 Catapult Fodder

Hello, I am having the same problem. I'm not sure what to do since nothing done previously have fixed my problem. I will put a screen shot and hopefully you can get it working. Or maybe you can help me in some other way?

Also, when I open /kag-linux32/App, there is no version.txt. There is only autoupdate.cfg.
    I'm not sure if this is the problem or what.

I am using Lubuntu 12.04

Attached Files:

10. Medivend

Medivend Catapult Fodder

Hi!
    I downloaded this version on same date when I wrote to this forum topic (which was 30july). I had the same errormessage as the two users above.
    Im not near that Linux machine right now, but ill give it a try again as soon as I get to it (probably after one month, but not sure).
    I post progress then, I promise.

Best wishes!
    </br>--- merged: Jan 9, 2013 11:39 AM ---</br>
    Hello and happy new year!

I got near my old machine again with Lubuntu on it. Sorry, I promised to answer after one month but it took almost half a year - thats how life sometimes turns out.
    Shortly said,
    downloaded all updates for Lubuntu and installed recommended driver for graphics card (system got a little more agile :)),
    downloaded from here VERSION.TXT, but i have no idea where to replace this file. I put it in KAG game folder and apps folder (just for try), but nothing new happens.
    I also added screenshot of message what KAG program gives me (autoupdate problem).

I must say Im new to Linux and maybe I just dont install KAG correctly. :builder:

Regards!
    </br>--- merged: Jan 20, 2013 5:50 PM ---</br>
    Hey!
    Yupp, I did not install game properly!
    Got finally KAG running, but without sound (thats a separate problem). Game actually starts by rungame.sh, not KAG as I tried!
    Need to ad one line in rungame.sh, after 2nd row...--> cd "$(dirname $0)"
    I met this guys video in youtube (username insanity54), he explains fast and clear how to do it:
    Howto Install King Arthur's Gold (KAG) on ubuntu linux 12.04

Attached Files: