1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 469

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Shadlington, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Also you guys should realise this isn't the awesome scripting update with special mod magic.
    You can't do custom sprites or anything, you can just have more of the same kind of classes (same sprites, etc. just different stats)

2. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I found this bug where you can throw things through the wall if you stand right on the bridge, not above as you usually walk on, I'm gonna upload video.

Beef likes this.
  3. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Please report bugs at bugs.kag2d.com, not here.

norill and Beef like this.
  4. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I was told this hundreds of times, I hate filling up forms but I jumped in here to summarize it. ;)

Just waiting for video to render out then upload, it will be in mantis.

5. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

wow custom classes sweet.

6. Redigit

Redigit is not my actual name, it's Tommasop.

[​IMG]

Awesome build. :)

7. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Can i get a list of the the new "features" for seclevs that were add in this update

soulrealm likes this.
  8. Beepo

Beepo Asian Faggot Donator
    1. Delta Force - Delta

Imma make a medic class =P When you touch a wounded teammate, you will heal him xD Hope it work =D

9. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

i rather have when peoples die they explode in a blast, boom gibs everywhere

Beepo likes this.
  10. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Oh... Yeah... i'll make a penguin class :P This wil be awesome :D :D

11. flipperz

flipperz Shopkeep Stealer

Don't you guys realise you cant make custom sprites? It's Impossible, every sprite you see on kag servers comes from a specific file, which all clients have. if you add a file that's only on you're computer, it wont register for anyone else. (It'll be invisible or just a big ?)

Meaning: Everyone needs that Image installed In they're kag clients to see the sprite.

12. Shadlington

13. flipperz

flipperz Shopkeep Stealer

Shadlington, While I'm posting here, do you guys ever intend to make something similar to minecrafts Redstone? I'd turn Kag into more about strategic defence, rather than basic

_Cuffs_ likes this.
  14. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

I dunno if it's still happening but rope mechanisms with pullies will fill that gap if added, if not ropes on their own will add alot to trap design especially combined with slopes.

acridstone, KnightGabe13 and _Cuffs_ like this.
  15. Aer

Aer Shipwright

You do Realized MM made Soldat right? Soldat had so many servers with custom maps that 99% the time you had to wait 30seconds to download the mapfile. i can see it being so with character sprite files as well in the future. Hardly IMPOSSIBLE.

Night_Horde likes this.
  16. oh, how i love that random crap totally unrelated to this build. ladders? medic? redstone? wtf are you doing here?

and that LoadSeclevs(filename); - where should it be? in gamemode or autostart?

17. Leo

Leo Haxor

Can you actually make a new class with other features than the 3 main classes ? I mean if I make a "Light Knight" can I make it so that it has lighter armor and run faster ? Because if you can't change main features you only have same classses with other names.

18. Shadlington

herp derp, he was talking about it being impossible at present, because it seems a load of people have read far, far more into one little change in this build than there is. Basically, you can make more of the same classes with different names and health. That's about it.

19. Shadlington

Went with your idea in the end - it goes in autostart, same as LoadRules.

20. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

yes you can
    ie modify armor and health in your (something).cfg file
    and modify class variables in the gamemode.cfg
    @who ever can answer this
    Does (for example) knight_drawtime = 1 pertain to the knight.cfg and can i create a cfg file called donkey.cfg with the template of knight (if there is one) and have a variable called something like donkey_drawtime?
    .... >.> i dont know how to make it clearer...