1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Zombie CTF 2: War of the Supernaturals.

Discussion in 'Game modes' started by Zer0Striker, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Zer0Striker

Zer0Striker Shipwright

Zombie CTF 2 (Premium Game mode)

Choose either Skeletons(Blue) or Zombies(Red) and bring down castles with the newly added Keg. 12 new npcs. Tons of new workshops that can change the tides. Originally made by BC: Zombie CTF 1.

Download(s):
    Version 0.3: zCTF 2 v0.3.rar
    Version 0.2: zCTF 2 v0.2.rar
    Version 0.1: zCTF 2 v0.1.rar

Installation:
    1. Extract the folders out of the zCTF 2 v0.1.rar/zCTF 2 v0.2.rar/zCTF 2 v0.3.rar.
    2. Locate your KAG folder.(Example: C:/KAG)
    3. Open your KAG folder.
    4. Open the Base folder.
    5. Copy and paste the folders from the rar into your Base folder.
    6. Make sure that it is sv_gold_only= 1 in your dedicated_autoconfig or it won't work(If its not there, add it yourself.).
    7. Run the dedicatedserver.exe.
    Changelog:

• v0.3 Huge amount of content added, plus bugfix for claiming bug.
    • v0.2: Added new seclevs, added 5 new workshops, added 7 new supernaturals, added 2 new mercenaries, added wizard type npcs and changed some things in the Builder's Workshop.
    • v0.1: Official Release.
    v0.1 Supernaturals:
    • Zombie Arm - Stats: Weakest supernatural there is. Comment: Make great stealth units, but easily taken out by summoned zombies. Weakness: Chickens.
    • Chicken - Stats: Very high jump and fast attack speed. Comment: My personal favorite supernatural because of its cheapness and high attack speed. Weakness: Gregs.
    • Skeleton - Stats: Very fast and does decent damage. Comment: I barely use this unit since the zombie deals with these easily and 2 chickens can handle a zombie. Weakness: Zombies.
    • Zombie - Stats: A very balanced supernatural with the ability to act dead when health is low to regenerate health(Sometimes it fools other supernaturals). Comment: Zombies are my second favorite unit since they can trick some summoned supernaturals into thinking they are dead when their health is low to regen. Weakness: Wraiths.
    • Greg - Stats: Very fast, can fly, and deals decent damage. Comment: Gregs are very good for rushes, but are easy to take out of a knight focuses on its pattern of attacks. Weakness: Zombie Knights.
    • Wraith - Stats: Fast, can fly, deals a lot of damage and it doesn't explode. Comment: I barely use these as saving up for a zombie knight or two is worth it. Weakness: Zombie Knights.
    • Zombie Knight - Stats: Slow, deals high knockback, has a lot of health, can regenerate, can act dead like zombies. Comment: The father of zombies, the zombie knight can bring a game to an end with it being able to kill 10+ zombies without dying or going into act dead mode. Weakness: Juggernauts.
    Supernaturals added in v0.2:
    • Zombie Elite - Stats: Same speed as a regular zombie, deals a lot of damage, good amount of health. Comment: These zombies are a lot harder to fight than their weaker counterparts and an army of them can mean the end of the game for the enemy team. Weakness: Zombie Knights.
    • Skeleton Elite - Stats: Same speed as a regular skeleton, deals decent damage, decent amount of health. Comment: These skeletons are really good for dealing with running players that zombie elites can't catch. Weakness: Zombie Elites.
    • Decoy - Stats: Same speed as a regular zombie, doesn't deal any damage, Extremely large amount of health. Comment: Only use these when you really need them because they provide a large amount of money if a player happens to capture it. Weakness: N/A.
    • Level 1 Zombie - Same speed as a regular zombie, very low damage, very low amount of health. Comment: These make a good replacement for zombie arms, but aren't recommended on relying on. Weakness: Chicken.
    • Level 2 Zombie - Same speed as a regular zombie, low damage, low amount of health. Comment: Slightly weaker than a regular zombie make good earlier game raiders. Weakness: Zombie.
    • Level 1 Skeleton - Same speed as a regular skeleton, extremely low damage, extremely low amount of health. Comment: No reason to use these as they die in one hit. Recommended to upgrade. Weakness: Zombie Arm.
    • Level 2 Skeleton - Same speed as a regular skeleton, very low damage, very low amount of health. Comment: You might think its the same as a Level 1 Zombie, but without its fake dead mode it makes a big difference in regen. Weakness: Level 1 Zombie.
    Version 0.3 supernaturals information will be added soon.

v0.1 Mercenaries:
    • Raider - Stats: Extremely fast, low damage, low health, and can break man-made blocks. Comment: My favorite custom made mercenary since it has a high speed and is mischievousness to somethings grief a building then run away randomly. Weakness: Wraiths.
    • Juggernaut - Stats: Slow, high damage, high health, can break all blocks when angry, and can regenerate. Comment: I barely use this mercenary because of how expensive it is ,how easily it can bring a team down if it gets angry and how it can take down a reaping 45+ supernaturals that have below 4 overall rating. Weakness: 2 Zombie Knights.
    v0.2 Mercenaries:
    • Assassin - Stats: Fast, low damage, decent health, can't break blocks, can regenerate, fast attack speed. Comment: Good against low - decent healthed npcs because of its high attack speed. Weakness: Wraiths.
    • Trainee Mercenary - Stats: A balanced mercenary, can't break blocks, can regenerate. Comment: Slightly stronger than a regular zombie, good for scaring away players. Weakness: Assassin.
    • Version 0.3 Mercenaries information will be added soon.

Special NPCs:

• Dark Magician - Stats: Decent speed, very high damage, low health, can break blocks when stuck. Comment: Can be terrifying when you hear it casting its chants for its blood control spell. Weakness: Zombie Knights.
    • New special NPCs will be coming soon.
    Known Bug: Claiming a supernatural or mercenary(Holding E and Selecting Claim) will crash the server(Bug has been fixed in v0.3). I currently don't know how to fix this bug, but I know whats causing it. Please pm me if you know how to fix it or want to know what causes it.

Server(s): Zer0's Server, Lil's Zombie CTF

Post your server in the comments if you host with this game mode so I can add it to my server list.

screen-13-01-01-23-58-22.png screen-13-01-01-23-58-58.png screen-13-01-02-00-01-22.png screen-13-01-02-00-01-48.png

Types of Workshops:
    • Poorly Built Quarters: Free healing, switch classes.
    • General Store: Buy bombs, arrows, zombie bait, boulders, lanterns, and is upgraded to a Demolition Workshop.
    • Supernatural Shop: Use this to buy supernaturals(See list above) and can be upgraded to Mercenaries Guild.
    • Tier 2 Workshop: Use this to make a Black Market or Builder's Workshop.
    • Black Market: Sell wood, stone and gold here for coins.
    • Builder's Workshop: Buy wood, stone and gold here with coins.
    • Mercenaries Guild: Use this to buy mercenaries(See list above).
    • Demolition Workshop: Buy bombs, kegs and special kegs here.
    • Bank: Deposit coins here. A full bank will dispense interest so only take out money when necessary.
    • Wizard Study: Summon wizards here and is upgraded to Zombie Portal.
    • Zombie Portal: Summon buffed zombies here.
    • Decor Shop: Play the intro music and buy red or blue lanterns here.
    • Zombie Camp Level 1: Summon level 1 supernaturals here, is upgraded to Zombie Camp Level 2.
    • Zombie Camp Level 2: Summon level 2 supernaturals here.
    • Version 0.3 workshops information will be added soon.

Attached Files:

soulrealm and rocker2 like this.
  2. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

:eek: erm.... I, jsut can't understand a crap here :eek:

3. Zer0Striker

Zer0Striker Shipwright

Ok thanks for the feedback I removed all the letters and stuff and put it in sentences.
    </br>--- merged: Aug 6, 2012 2:34 AM ---</br>
    To install:
    Step 1: Extract the folders out of the rar.
    Step 2: Locate your KAG folder.
    Step 3: Open the Base folder in you KAG folder.
    Step 4: Copy and paste the folders from the rar into the Base folder.(Replace if asked)

SkullScar1 and norill like this.
  4. lil4eyes

lil4eyes Bison Rider

The files are in private. :P Can you make it public?

5. Zer0Striker

Zer0Striker Shipwright

Oh sorry about that, I made everything private except for the sprites and my [WIP] game so people wouldn't go through my stuff.

6. lil4eyes

lil4eyes Bison Rider

Ahhhhh ok
    </br>--- merged: Jan 1, 2013 2:18 AM ---</br>
    Thanks

7. Zer0Striker

Zer0Striker Shipwright

May I ask if you plan on hosting with this mod? If so, what is the name of the server?

8. lil4eyes

lil4eyes Bison Rider

Maybe
    It will probably called Lil's Zombie CTF

9. Zer0Striker

Zer0Striker Shipwright

Okay I will add it to the server list.
    Edit: Tell me when you made a server thread for it so I could post a link too.

10. Ninja12

Ninja12 Haxor

Where is the sv_gold_only in the dedicated_autoconfig?

11. Zer0Striker

Zer0Striker Shipwright

You have to add it yourself.

12. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Some screenshots would be excellent.

13. Zer0Striker

Zer0Striker Shipwright

Okay I added some, sorry if they don't provide enough information(First time taking screenshots for something).

14. Is it anything like this? Confirmed for nothing like this ;=; I've been tricked by the name!

Bookmark's zCTF from April 2012. We managed to get enough gold to spawn 20 40 zKnights and then Blue team was fucked.

thebonesauce likes this.
  15. lil4eyes

lil4eyes Bison Rider

Zero when I tried the gamemode zZombies which I got with the download, the zombie team crashes people! Is there any fix?

16. Zer0Striker

Zer0Striker Shipwright

Where did you get the zZombies gamemode from? Anyway you might be missing the director config for the zombies, so here you go.

Attached Files:

17. lil4eyes

lil4eyes Bison Rider

Thanks I'll try it now
    </br>--- merged: Jan 14, 2013 4:25 AM ---</br>
    Where do I put it?
    </br>--- merged: Jan 14, 2013 4:45 AM ---</br>
    Never Mind :D
    </br>--- merged: Jan 14, 2013 11:02 PM ---</br>
    It didn't work, it still crashed. Do I put in the CutomSpawner in the Rules/zZombies folder?

18. Zer0Striker

Zer0Striker Shipwright

No put it under Base/Entities/Managers.

19. lil4eyes

lil4eyes Bison Rider

Still doesn't work. :( Any other Ideas?

20. Zer0Striker

Zer0Striker Shipwright

Um, I really don't know what the problem could be. Maybe its outdated or I put some poor coding somewhere(I never really was good with zombie fortress gamemodes.).