1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

King Arthur's Role-Playing Server

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by VanHuek, Aug 5, 2012.

?

Is this a good idea and would you like it put into action?

1. Yes

90.7%
  2. No

9.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: jackitch
  1. Raelian

Raelian Bison Rider

Aww... X3 *blushes*

The map loads, I can see the buildings and at times I even get to see the race choosing before I get the disconnected message. I suspect like Viking, my PC is crap (i'm not denying it isn't I'm sure it is!!! lol) and maybe because the map is too big. Van said he'll try and do something about it so until then I can't really join with out disconnecting immediately so yeah. *sigh*

Would be a rare sight for a dwarf to be allowed to live in the elven forest but... honestly? Just because most (if not all) dwarves distrust elves because of their magic (it's explained in their race overview) doesn't mean that there can't be exceptions where a dwarf might wish to live in a forest instead of underground (a bit of an odd ball but eh, maybe he just likes forests and working with wood then stone, up to the player to explain his reasons ICly:p ).

Maybe the said dwarf got banished by his clan and has nowhere else to go? Who knows? Honestly I'd more likely see them working for humans since they have more similar things in common but as I said... exceptions due exist if they are RPed out and have logical IC explanations behind them. Like banished from his clan, the humans didn't want him either so he turned to the elves since orcs or goblins would attempt to make a slave out of him. He choose the elves since they we're his last option and he'd be probably killed if he remained alone so it makes sense. Maybe the elves are still distrustful of him and think he is a spy, maybe it will take some time until he has proven himself... all that can lead to some interesting RP.

Of course it also depends on the elves... some might agree, others might not. If they do agree I'd expect the elves to try and 'educate' the dwarf in their ways so he doesn't start going around and cutting trees needlessly or maybe ask to prove himself.

The possibilities for RP are endless if the reasons behind your actions make sense from a IC standpoint.

Might consider such a faction in the future. Will have to see. I actually wish to see some conflict between the current races but that which makes sense as I posted earlier.

Waaaay ahead of ya... already suggested that in the race overview. ^^

Now if only it would get posted soon so people can read them. :QQ:

2. Ramsis

Ramsis Ballista Bolt Thrower Donator Tester

Any chance one of the admins can restart the server? It's toast.

3. TotalPotato

TotalPotato Haxor
    1. KRPG

This is a Fraction: 1/2
    This is a Faction: Elves, Orcs, Man, Dwarves
    But yeah a neutral clan would be a nice one and a clan that encourages working alone

4. Clost

Clost Arsonist

Sadly no. The server owner is Van and he isn't online. Sorry :'(. We'll have a FTP soon.

5. Ramsis

Do work on that >.> I'm kinda surprised that wasn't one of the first moves made.

6. Clost

Clost Arsonist

Van is buying a FTP so idk if it is on or no.

7. Ramsis

>.> Buying? The hell kind of host do you boys use?

8. starsoccer9

starsoccer9 Bison Rider

Yea I actully got a VPS if you guys are interested I could probally fire it up for ya. and you could use it. Its uptime is preety great ive never had a problem. Right now its simply is a ZNC/hosts a small website with little to no visits.

As for the whole dwarf thing, I mainly just like the forest but wasnt cutout for being a elve. so I stayed a dwarf and helped the elves build. It was preety fun.

9. aattss

aattss Shopkeep Stealer

There should be some way to ally other clans as to not tk someone else, not that adding that function is practical.

kuulness likes this.
  10. kuulness

kuulness Tree Planter

Elves should have a knight, but he only has one heart, orc should be buffed so that their knights have 4 hearts.

Maybe the spawn should be diffrent so that when everyone spawns its not a epic kill feast due to what war is going on.

Also like 2 more maps so people will calm down when a new game starts and so it adds a bit ore varity.

But then agian, thats my two cents, i dont own the server.

starsoccer9 likes this.
  11. starsoccer9

starsoccer9 Bison Rider

kuulness those are good ideas. I dont think the elves and orc though should. It makes it interesting and gives advantages to each team for having/not having something

12. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

So late test meh :) I wanna join the testing group tooo :D

13. kuulness

kuulness Tree Planter

I dont think thats shuch a good idea, take for example hawks server, it can only have 15 people at a tme and there are like 9 factions, i think its pretty cool that so many people play at once. Its nice to play with 5+ people on each team (even though it gets REALLY and i emphasis REALLY heactic). Maybey in time things will change and people wont be as agrassive.
    </br>--- merged: Aug 9, 2012 3:49 AM ---</br>
    Well from what i have learned, is that anyone can take out the elves, mainly due to the fact becuase they have no offensive unit, and the orcs seem to underpowered becuase they are basicly humans, but debuffed.

delankski likes this.
  14. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Well we can see what the VPS I have bought- I need help with payment, the problem StarSoccer is apparently KAG servers take up a lot of bandwidth hundreds of GB. And I think I have just not seen an email to activate it yet as I get hundreds a day.

Server Status: Active

My computer forced restart and I've been very tired.

delankski likes this.
  15. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

I think elves' Trees should be more higher :)
    We're easily doomed by those hazardous creatures, the Orcs and the Dwarves.

16. rocky4321

rocky4321 Horde Gibber

argh.. can anyone tell me the password? KARPS dont work D:

17. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

KARPS does work. :)
    Why my dear friend what is happening through the sorrowful winds that brought you here?

18. rocky4321

rocky4321 Horde Gibber

Cuz Ive been waiting for this since Van announced the RP server during playing Dwarf vs Goblins XD

19. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

Have you tried entering KARPS again? by using KARPS code?

20. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

freeze, then talk. but dont freeze in the spawn tower, thats annoying.
    second, freeze those who dont RP three times in a row, without (()))
    third, FREEZE THE FUCK OUT OF THOSE IDIOTS.
    for the ruleproblem:
    make it a riddle!
    something like:
    the twentieth letter of the second rule,
    the fourteenth letter of the eight,
    the sixth...

then to read the password, they'd be forced to read them!

Raelian likes this.
Mods: jackitch
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.