1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

King Arthur's Role-Playing Server

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by VanHuek, Aug 5, 2012.

?

Is this a good idea and would you like it put into action?

1. Yes

90.7%
  2. No

9.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: jackitch
  1. Raelian

Raelian Bison Rider

My bad and still working on it, need to persuade Van that it's worth a shot.

2. Kryotos

Kryotos Bison Rider

This server isn't too bad (i mean stop telling "bwah, it's a server full of shit an dumbass), there are some moments of good playing, with nice ambience and RP acting. the problem is the propagation of violence, (it's very fast) because of the "classic player", who see in "RP" just 4 factions with a Big war.

3. starsoccer9

starsoccer9 Bison Rider

The server isnt allways bad honestly there is like 5ppl off the top of my head I could name that when they go online you know that the RP is offically done.
    For example I was fine playing when I raelian was online and he gave me permission to buiuld a house. then after he went offline someone(no names mentioned) went online. attacked someone for no reason. The elves got pissed. they attacked him and his fraction. then all the other fractions joined in and WW3 it is. Also I really think that the whole Newmap is ahorrible IDEA. you should have the same map for a day or something. Let ppl beable to play for awhile and make a nice kingdom. if Iever seen 1hour of peace that would be amazing.

4. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Thanks to zeeee, i cant play there anymore :>:(: Fuck you and get balls :>:(:

Froghead48 and Beo like this.
  5. BlackKlit

BlackKlit Shopkeep Stealer

Cool server! Sir Landoo and some others make troubles constantly. Partially it makes some fun, but deletes RP=( But idea is perfect, waiting for graphics/rules full mod;)

6. Raelian

Raelian Bison Rider

Froghead48 likes this.
  7. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

:thumbs_up:

Gave the server a second chance.
    1. joined.
    2. become dwarf.
    3. have good roleplay inside the dwarven halls.
    4. BANDIT RAPE
    5. Leave.

Ej and starsoccer9 like this.
  8. starsoccer9

starsoccer9 Bison Rider

That is preety much how mine goes which Is why I refuse to play anymore until something is done.

The other roleplaying server was alot better it was basically 1 warning then banned. therewas some fucking around but it wasnt as bad as ppl running around killing for no reason

Froghead48 likes this.
  9. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Eh you guys don't understand RP. You're making arbitrary rules about what you can or cannot RP.
    We were bandits. We made it very clear. It wasn't random, we repeatedly announced our intentions so that folks could do something about it.

In one game, all the races teamed up against us and totally destroyed us, forcing us to surrender. There was plenty of good RP-ing there - with that zee guy forcing a surrender out of us and negotiating terms.

Getting killed then whining that non-existent rules were broken is just silly.

Arcrave, BlackKlit, kuulness and 3 others like this.
  10. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

@Shad
    I don't understand what is fun thing in running as bandit and making people mad. Have you been at least 2-3 hours as normal guy and when bandits we're raping you?

11. Raelian

Raelian Bison Rider

I'm afraid that this bandit RP is causing more harm then good Shadlington. I understand a few players enjoy it must the vast majority seem to be against it, also when I added in the race overviews that there are such things as humans bandits I expected the rest of the humans to take action against those that break the laws but that isn't the case. Why?

Because everyone who wants to play bandits now join the human faction and start killing left and right so the human faction ended up some sort of bandit faction which shouldn't be the case.

Humans are supposed to attempt to rebuild their kingdom under King Arthur and keep order, yes there might be one or two bandits but those should be punished for breaking the law sadly because you keep wishing to RP bandits and everyone else who is trigger happy, humans end up the race that keeps killing left and right, I've seen Ej aswell and I'm not impressed by the RP so far.

I'd honestly expect more from orc players to go out and pillage but considering how things are at the moment? I don't I really know if I should give people more ammo to throw.

Also I understand that some RP comes out of this bandit thing, but most of the time it's just boils down to senseless violence instead of RP.

12. Zeeee80

Zeeee80 Haxor

You were banned for 10 mins. I asked kindly for people not to kill anymore. Then you just go ahead and crush some afk guy.

13. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

I think as soon as it gets more activities- roaming zombies (wild), zombie shop, zombie fortresses.. and more non-zombie stuff there will be less need for inter-faction war.
    </br>--- merged: Aug 10, 2012 5:56 PM ---</br>
    Also there are two options I turn the server off until I have fully implemented all the features to make it full RP with more maps, or I leave the server on as I make updates and you can slowly see the updates happen? I am going on holiday from the 12th-28th and we made this server in less than 2 days. Your choice.

aattss likes this.
  14. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

OMFG i want zombies! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :skeleton: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

aattss likes this.
  15. aattss

aattss Shopkeep Stealer

His tribe also allowed women to have typical male roles like being a scholar, owning a house, and doing military stuff. Also, the reason Genghis Khan conquered China in the first place was because, after uniting all the mongolian tribes and therefore stopping bloodshed, he feared that they would get restless and split up again. In other words, capturing China was a team-building exercise.

Also, I agree that people prefer roleplay, as demonstrated by the fact that half the dwarves were sitting in their base and doing roleplay stuff while the rest of the dwarves were trying to advance west. Also, I believe that there should be some amount of war. However, for one thing, you should only war to roleplay, not "roleplay" as an excuse for a war. It should also be noted that, from my experiences, you should not attack anyone who doesn't want it. For example, on the other roleplay server, I was an undead, and I killed people, but everyone (including me) found that boring, so I made a base at the bottom and filled it with undead minions. That way, if people wanted a fight they would break into my base (cause I was evil in a roleplay sense), and they would be fair game. However, even though I didn't kill as many people, everyone found it more enjoyable.

BlackKlit, TheGrimReaper and Raelian like this.
  16. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Good idea from pinx!
    And please, now, stop saying i'm fag etc. etc., now shut up and play!

In the next update, the modding is better ( Update of the game ).

Why do not modify certain factions, and set for them zombie corp? ( Sorry for my bad english )
    And set the zombies slower?
    Thanks!

17. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

The diplomacy goes good when each faction has an admin or guard to enforce it, todays game went smooth.

18. starsoccer9

starsoccer9 Bison Rider

chose to give the server another try and played for awhile in a little underground base only i was allowed in. then guess what all of the sudden I get 10 reds/blues storming in to kill me and take my base. You cant play without finnaly someone being violent and just destorying everything. This is what happens everytime. Weather humans go and become bandits or orcs or even dwarfs. someone ends up becoming a bandit. Then after everyone is pissed at him everyone attack his fraction and a war has started because of 1 guy playing bandit and thinking its fun to start a war.

@shad: There isnt any bandit class, and being a bandit does nothing. As soon as one person sees someone else is a bandit he joins that class and becomes a bandit and then everyone is a bandit. Then it starts a war and then it ends by some moderator just giving up and restarting.Which causes a bunch of ppl to be pissed off. Then we all spawn 5 ppl kill ppl the admin if we are lucky freeze one or 2 and then the same thing happens. I would really like to see one game with normal fractions and no bandits. It would make a lot better game.

EDIT: Yes todays game was actully decent until 1 guy was a bandit which happened not to long ago and soon the map will be restarted.

19. aattss

aattss Shopkeep Stealer

It would be nice if there were bandits which were attacked instead of bandits who attacked others (i.e. voluntary punching bags). I would also recommend making it easier to defend than attack, which also reminded me that, due to the over-agressive nature of mobs made mobs the perfect choice. It would be nice if you made mobs that you could pick up and whatnot and only tried to attack nearby enemies if they were near. Alternatively, you could make it so that you instead by chests which, when broken, summon a mob of the same team as the one who built the workshop. It also helps that it's difficult to abuse by much because, while zombies can be a threat in a cave where it's too dark to see, many mobs are incapable of breaching basic defenses. In other words, don't add wraiths and make sure the zombie knights and flying things aren't cheap.

20. joshuared

joshuared Drill Rusher

Hey how do i join this server? is it on the servers list... or does it have a password.

Mods: jackitch
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.