1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

King Arthur's Role-Playing Server

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by VanHuek, Aug 5, 2012.

?

Is this a good idea and would you like it put into action?

1. Yes

90.7%
  2. No

9.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: jackitch
  1. Zeeee80

Zeeee80 Haxor

It was only for 10 mins. You should be fine now.

2. FlamingDragon96

FlamingDragon96 Shark Slayer

Whenever I join and have a terrible time and post it here some admin tells me "You joined at a bad time, but we RP when it's peace time." Now I know that what they told me was a big damn lie. Peace time was there, and it was complete silence for RP (not for OOC) and there was nothing to do other than build. With this experience I just noticed there really isn't a goal for each race, that's why I don't like KAG RP teams being only races. I'm not saying Hawk's is better (though some people agree on that) and I'm not saying this one is better, but in Hawk's server we only have 1 different race (elf) and the others are factions. They all have goals, here they are:

Paladins: Kill all evil and all those who get in the way.
    Priests: Help out Paladins (will probably have magic in script update)
    Necros: Exterminate good and anybody who opposes them.
    Zombies: Help out Necros
    Royal Army: Watch over Peasants and defend against the rebellion.
    Rebels: Eliminate the tyranny of the Empire
    Elves: Protect the forests, they decide who to let through.
    Assasins: They take out any target for some money (gold).
    Peasants: Being protected by the Royal Army (these are for beginners who do not know how to RP much, they can learn it here)

In this server all we do in peace time is argue over lands, which ends up in war.

Cirom and Overlord like this.
  3. aattss

aattss Shopkeep Stealer

Actually, the teams didn't have clear names (except for the necros and zombies), but the large amount of teams allow for many different roles that are created by the players. However, as people generally take similar roles to the ones you mentioned, many factions have no need to fight due to other factions.

On a side note, I'm not sure how the orcs got over 9000 wood. Still, 11k wood can be very useful.

4. starsoccer9

starsoccer9 Bison Rider

The main fight in the server is over one idiot attacking another idiot for no reason then starts a war. if a true war should start it should be over the dwarfs needing more wood and the elfs not giving so a war breaks out. another example is the humans needing stone and invading dwarfs for it. We should have fights over land/resources but so far everyfight has been over one idiot hitting another idiot and then WW3.

BTW: I was banned i guess for a day or something idk because as mentioned before I refused to be a servant to the blue and revolted which is allowed but stupid moderators dont know anything.

5. aattss

aattss Shopkeep Stealer

Yeah. The thing is that this problem could be prevented by adding a ton of factions. When there are 10 factions and 4 guys to a faction, if one idiot attacks another, then it only affects 2 factions, and guys in one faction could go join another faction. With a lot of teams, you would have to actually give a valid reason to other factions to gain support and the needed military assistance. And even then, the war would affect fewer neutral people.

6. Raelian

Raelian Bison Rider

Simple goals but they seem to work. When I suggested that we have dwarves, humans, elves, orcs & goblins I had hoped that people would make their own goals after offering enough racial descriptions and an idea of what it means to RP X race. I still gave a few vague ideas for goals (elves protecting their forest, dwarves mining for gold and gems, humans expanding and creating a town or castle etc.) but made it general so there is still room for players to RP as they wish within the boundaries of the rules and race descriptions (a human peasant opening up an inn, saw Guardian of Israel do that, really nice RP there).

In the end it all boils down to RP peace or war the only difference I think is the few races. So when one guy goes trigger happy he may start killing all elves, both the archers who shoot him and the builders who simply try to build and live in peace and vice versa.

So yeah, a bit. a fucking LOT of tolerance is needed when someone goes trigger happy and you try to calm them.

Maybe we need an overall peaceful race or something or end up taking the players by the hand and go:

Elf Hunter: Keeps intruders out of the forest.
    Elf builder: creates houses in elven forest and outposts, also protected by the hunters.

Dwarf miner: builds the mountain home and searches for gold
    Dwarf warrior: protects the mountain home from intruders

Although seriously I would of thought such things are pretty obvious enough. I mean, I've seen some really nice RP from the dwarves and elves which did the above with out anyone posting such goals they made them themselves, it's the trigger happy idiots that keep starting shit up.
    </br>--- merged: Aug 11, 2012 12:01 AM ---</br>
    At this rate... I think that might be the only way to make this work because I'm running out of ideas here on how to minimize the large scale that affects everyone.​

7. rocky4321

rocky4321 Horde Gibber

These Bandits.. when would you learn how to RP..
    Dont just go around kill anything you see and just derp !.:p

Well.. this is an RP server..there must be a story behind it.... make some conversation like..

"Im here to take your golds, hand it over or you shall meet your death!"

come on !!! know how to RP !

only thing you need to do is to be CREATIVE.. winning in battles doesnt prove anything good in RP..

starsoccer9 likes this.
  8. starsoccer9

starsoccer9 Bison Rider

The best idea is the whitelist. Honestly the server is really good how it is with the classes. the main disappoint is that one guy fucks everything up. With a whitelist it wouldnt happen often if ever. Personnaly I disliked the other server because of the so many classes. If any classes should be added it should be a neutral class which is just 3 hearts and can be any type of person. They would basiclly be allowed to help elves and dwarfs. They are like nomads. They have no leader they are all just single people. In the case of the bandit everyone would know hopefully that he acts alone and just kill him.

9. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

Has the password changed? I cannot join!:(

10. kuulness

kuulness Tree Planter

[Suggestion]

Some people want to just kill on this server no matter what, so i have an idea... make a whole new team called "Bandits" and make their color brown

Their health would be, 2 for knights, 2 for builder and 2 for archer.

That way if people want to randomly kill they can, but anyone can kill them without getting in trouble.

This might keep the bad apples away from the bunch.

xChapx likes this.
  11. Madbow

Madbow Horde Gibber

im suprised to say an rp went on of which i was a nice part and i had fun. ITS A SIGN OF THE END

12. superdigger26

superdigger26 Catapult Fodder

what is the password

13. starsoccer9

starsoccer9 Bison Rider

password hasnt changed. As for the bandits class I think that is a horrible idea. You are encourageing them to be banditis and yea 1 bandit might not be bad but when 10ppl are on that team youll rethink that.

xChapx likes this.
  14. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

I was going to suggest an "other" faction so these people on the kingdom factions who think they can run around killing everyone, starting wars because the others think its the whole factions idea.

That means you starsoccer, when your team wanted peace and you kept on attacking us causing mass confusion...
    </br>--- merged: Aug 11, 2012 2:55 AM ---</br>
    I was also going to suggest that each faction must have their leader that the team elects as a team, so instead of 4 people demanding to take all different actions their leader can take care of it.

Ive been hearing that elves dont need a leader because they are "peacekeepers" but alot of the guys that I had on that team kept leaving out of boredom from constant building, while most of the original dwarves stayed because they go around killing everyone (which I agree should have some fixing) + building their kingdom.

xChapx likes this.
  15. starsoccer9

starsoccer9 Bison Rider

overlord that is no reason for a kick. As said one elve or human can disagree and can be shunned/ become an outcast. its not a kickable/bannable action.

16. Rusher

Rusher Catapult Fodder

I dunno undestands this server, i played with ORCs, Dwarfes come and kill 3 times of our ppl race, i got revegenged and kill the assasin and get BANNED with no reason...

starsoccer9 likes this.
  17. xChapx

xChapx Ballista Bolt Thrower

i like this idea they should live underground or in the sky or something , also they should wait more time to respawn

18. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

Yes but because one person who wants to rebel on a team, it causes confusion for 2 whole factions...

19. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

You have some serious admin abuse going on, wee just banned me for attacking someone after both sides declared war.

WarrFork and starsoccer9 like this.
  20. starsoccer9

starsoccer9 Bison Rider

so just to make sure i understand right I was banned for confusion. Well im gonna ban you for jumping.

Im sorry you think confusion is a bannable action. As said in the thread becoming an outcast/disagreeing with your fraction is allowed and just makes you an outcast. Im sorry their isnt some hat i can wear that says OUTCAST

EDIT: to everyone complaining about admin abuse i agree and understand 100%. the admins abuse alot and most dont even follow the rules themselves

Mods: jackitch
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.