1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[428] General Knight Discussion

Discussion in 'Knight' started by killatron46, May 14, 2012.

1. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

I have not noticed the ministun from builders, are you sure there is one?

2. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

I'm sure there is one. Cause when a builder is hammering me to death i cant jab at them at all

3. Exid

Exid Shark Slayer

Jabs and slashes both use the charge mechanics meaning if something hits right after you go to jab it will get cancelled, Its not a stun but it's annoying enough. Builder hammers are the fastest melee attack and don't require charging so if you don't shield against it, your going to have a hard time trying to stop the builder from killing you.

I'm still confused about if I'm right or wrong jabs requiring charge but they act like they do, so I'm just going to say that they are charging attacks.

GloriousToast likes this.
  4. Nidoking

Nidoking Catapult Fodder

With regards to builder spam, you really have to be wary sometimes. I found the best way to get past the jab canceling that exid mentioned is to either bash the builder or treat him like a jabbing knight. Wait for the sound of the hammer swing with your shield up and then jab him. If you get the bash off, you can freely jab him once, maybe twice. And, if they try to start off an attack with a jump, crouch to avoid it and then jab him.

I've lost a few lives to builders hammering me down--I honestly think that the builder needs that power though, or else knights would run over the newer builders too easily. With regards to the experienced builders, it can be a pain, but careful shielding should see you winning if there is no more interference.

I guess the only problem with shield+jab is the fact that it takes a long time to do, and reinforcements could kill you before you finish off the builder.

5. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Another build has rolled out. This one hopefully fixes the admin crashes guards and admins alike have been struggling with, hurrah!
    Build 428 is on its way out with some important (potential) fixes:
    - fixed rcon admins/guards crash on certain collapses #267, #469
    - fixed unable to join busy server (lots of objects)
    - fixed crash on camera shake (sometimes)
    - Removed use of in-game browser, links now open in normal external browsers
    - pressing enter in the username box at login now submits the form
    - slight changes to how ping timing works in the browser, might yield more correct results

EDIT: Added Hotfix logs:
    - Fixed issue with big (40+ player) busy servers running out of object IDs (and kicking everyone/being unjoinable) after a few hours
    - Some optimizations related to how object IDs are looked up (in theory lower cpu usage on servers with a lot going on, in reality not much of a difference)
    - removed 'Blob Loaded' log/console messages
    - Fixed wood blocks not showing up in gold CTF and zombie modes

6. Exid

Exid Shark Slayer

Stuns are to weak, even double slashes can be blocked, and the chances of a double slash has decreased to because of the *traction of a slash* (don't know what you call it, allows you to jump over a four high wall with a slash), people just shield and jab until they hit something.

slashes don't do anything since you can just recover in mid air and start shielding again -_-

Antman likes this.
  7. GloriousToast

i liked how they accidently made slash jumping, made them more versatile

8. Antman

Antman Base Burner

I'm almost certain Geti did it on purpose? Maybe not, but..

9. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

I no longer have faith in the current knight system, in fact Im not going to complain about it since its going to all be revamped in the coming build

10. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Why clashing (and therefore knight combat) is bad:

(Skip to 1:40)

If two players start jabbing at each other at the exact same time it is possible that one player will kill the other without taking any damage. This happened within TWO MINUTES after I started recording.

Anyways things will change real soon, so don't lose heart.

Antman and CheeseMeister like this.
  11. Drok

Drok Shark Slayer

Yes, that is a very irritating problem. If you keep attacking you simply die without harming the builder at all. The only way to kill him is blocking for a while and hoping that the next jab isn't interrupted again by his hits.

But even worse I think there are the range issues, those moments when attacks don't hit the enemy despite being in range. A common situation is being in the bottom of a 2-block wide pit. You can stab any knight that is above you but they can't, neither with jabs nor slashes. I've easily slaughtered half a dozen enemies in a row when it happened to me, but I never attempt it intentionally as it's obviously unfair.

The classes themselves seem balanced to me, if you are skilled with any of them you can make a huge difference. All are useful, fun and necessary to win. The only thing to take care of is all the bugs of melee combat.

Madoka likes this.
  12. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

Why you talkin' to youself, dude?

You faithless cowards! All you have to do is make a milkshake, consisting of Slashes and Shieldbashes all timed correctly. Unless you don't know how to use a blender, that is. ;) You can also jab immidiately after they jabbed at you and get a hit, as shown in the vid. CONTRARY'S DOING IT WRONG.

13. Exid

Exid Shark Slayer

Recovering time from stuns is to short ( you can even do it mid air and then start shielding again), have you noticed when you can't kill this certain person because all they do is bash and shield.

Jab clashing was okay for me, since I didn't jab that much back in those builds, so I can't really say stuff about it, and If I have, ignore it.

Jabbing immediately right after jab, you can also do it with shield *shield a jab then jab back* and It looks like the shield did damage if you have over 66 ping, I hate it since it helps jab spams become even more deadly.

Why would I slash If I could bash, since bash actually works with the current stun times ( you know those annoying stun bashes that last ten seconds). I don't understand how a bash which is faster to do, easier to time and still defends you, should overpower a slash which takes a longer time and leaves you open to attacks during that time.

Just because combat is being revamped doesn't mean that there's a 100% chance that everything will be different.

Antman likes this.
  14. GloriousToast

i think slash + shield should leave both sides defenceless but the slasher recovers quicker

15. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

What do you think this is me actually playing? We're clearly testing clashing.

We all know how to play under this system effectively, doesn't mean the system isn't still shitty. That reminds me, slashes are really shitty because they don't guarantee a follow up hit ever. The only reason it works sometimes is lag.

KnightGabe13 likes this.
  16. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

If you slash and have a team-mate repeatedly jabbing them, then it makes them dead. Although if you have a teammate, why not just sandwich them? ;)

17. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Sandwich them hmmm?
    *slyface*

18. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

Hey, I don't know anyone who doesn't love a good sandwich. Seriously though, back on topic. :p

19. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

[448] I want to see double slashing without contact to return, currently that 2nd slash in any other instance is useless because it either doesn't proc (like in two-tall tunnels) or you just hit the player's shield twice.

As well I would like to see 1 heart of damage on jabs lowered back down to 0.5 hearts, right now it's a terrible jab-fest, although without shield-bashing it much easier to beat jab spammers now.
    </br>--- merged: Aug 25, 2012 4:26 PM ---</br>
    Ran into another crappy trick:

screen-12-08-25-12-08-20.png

Basically that blue knight can't even be hurt let alone knocked back in anyway, a supreme use of corners that is so easy to do even new players to the game can do it without even knowing it. And this is vastly game changing too, being able to halt the advance of an entire team of knights while your team recuperates and prepare their defenses and force the win or loss of a game, not to mention he was able to jab at us just fine.

20. 12anger

12anger Ballista Bolt Thrower

I have seen this used against me quite alot and i want to say there is a way to counter this! You have to jump off at the very top and then slash at the same time... it sounds complicated... if ur in game mabey i can show u =)

Boxpipe likes this.