1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Zombie map doesn't work

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Zendel, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Zendel

Zendel Catapult Fodder

I just try start a solo zombie fortress map, and the game get stuck on this message:

[​IMG]

I can move the camera and enter into ESC menu, but nothing more.
    I'm running the game on Windows 7 ultimate.
    Can you help me?

Thanks.
    </br>--- merged: Aug 19, 2012 6:47 PM ---</br>
    Something to help please?

2. DarkSaphire

DarkSaphire Catapult Fodder

Same problem here, I can't seem to play the zombie mode online or solo. Just that screen.

3. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

This problem appeared after the fix of bug #699 and has been reported. We'll have to wait until they fix it.

4. Creille

Creille Base Burner

Is it something wrong with your classes?

5. crawfish

crawfish Ballista Bolt Thrower

I posted something kind alike this but know one answered me yet ,maybe someone can tell me here.For some reeason everytime I join a zombie server im stuck on red and can't join blue.please help. :(

6. JacKD

That bug has been reported as bug #700. Latest patch tried to fix it, but it failed. We have to wait until they release a new patch.

7. crawfish

crawfish Ballista Bolt Thrower

Thanks jack :)

8. Zendel

Zendel Catapult Fodder

It will take a long time?

9. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I can't reproduce it

10. I have reported this as #701 hopefully it gets confirmed and fixed.
    I've spoken to my peers about this and they too are getting this problem.

It's not the Os your running on, [I'm pretty sure] because OP is running Windows 7 ultimate and I am running on Windows Vista Premium x32.

11. JacKD

Update to the latest version, it seeems to have been fixed.

12. Attempted and updating to

1345474025-1548-162222d91494

seems to fix it :)

13. Zendel

Zendel Catapult Fodder

Ok first problema was solved, but now i've got the same problem.

14. JacKD

Yes, #701 was solved but #700 is still there.

For reference bugs are tracked here: http://bugs.kag2d.com
    You can report and add information on how to reproduce, configuration, etc. to help the devs sort this problems faster :)

15. Ekkehard

Ekkehard Catapult Fodder

I don't know if this will prove helpful to many though I bought the game last night and ran into the exact same problem as the OP when I first installed the latest build (B489) and went right for the solo Zombie Fortress mode. After exiting out and rebooting the application multiple times (as 2560 x 1600 for some reason doesn't open a menu when hitting ESC) I finally decided to give a few un-and-reinstallation trials to see if that would help.

Having found nothing I gave up and resumed my attempts this morning to which I did find a way to get rid of the perma-stuck load screen and play the solo mode; after the fresh install I went to solo and did a Death Match - not modifying my character at all or changing anything along those lines - and after completing the Death Match I exited out of the game and after sitting in the menu attempted to try Zombie Fortress again.

Lo and behold, it worked. Perfectly (minus the inaccessible menu). :rollseyes:

After exiting out I relaunched and it was still accessible and fully functional. I haven't tried multiplayer though I know solo works every time now and I can recreate the issue with a fresh install and going right for Zombie Fortress mode as I did in the start, however doing a Death Match in solo before doing anything else after a fresh install seems to fix the problem. (Must have gone through 15-20 installs though I got it working and that is what matters, lol)

I am using an up-to-date legit version of Windows Home Premium and judging by how the bug appeared I am under the impression it is software-related only. Now I need a nap as I have lost sleep over this. I'll check back to see if I just completely mis-read everything or if this is useful to anyone.

- Ekkehard

16. #700 @1345474-1548-162222d91494 doesn't apply to all I'm guessing? because I joined a zombie server with atleast 1 person in it and it sent us both in the human team :/ and It balances
    teams now anyway :)
    </br>--- merged: Aug 20, 2012 9:38 PM ---</br>
    Yesterday this problem came about, and the update earlier today fixed that. that might have been why it worked out for you ^^

17. JacKD

As I stated above #700 is still there. #701 was fixed which would explain that it works for Ekkehard now.