1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

King Arthur's Role-Playing Server

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by VanHuek, Aug 5, 2012.

?

Is this a good idea and would you like it put into action?

1. Yes

90.7%
  2. No

9.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: jackitch
  1. Why should the other side have to agree when a good reason is said. The other side shouldn't have to agree about war or anything like that. If the other side finds a good reason, then they should go ahead with it, not have political debates about having war in the future.

Lancelotz and AJ like this.
  2. TotalPotato

TotalPotato Haxor
    1. KRPG

Because usually a war starts over one person deciding they're going to be a theif but once they kill somebody their entire race is blamed so if there is a chance to talk it out before hand it makes misunderstandings less common. Also most medieval wars occur on fields and such not inside somebody's building but took them hours to build

3. This is why I stated that the other side shouldn't have to agree when the other side has a good reason. Plus buildings are going to be destroyed no matter what. That's the point of war. There shouldn't be an area where there can't be fighting, especially if the enemy is there. It just ruins the game if someone can simply walk there and never be attacked.

4. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

It wouldn't ruin the game. Because of the extreme out of random killing that goes on all the time, it's obvious that there will be plenty of people constantly fighting like they're on a DM server. If you're the only one deciding on the role play, then it's not role play. Then it's you being an ass to the people who want to play because you don't want to even consider compromising on how you should be role playing. If two entire races agrees to a war, then sure, both sides can kill each other on sight, but we all know that never happens. One person says stupid shit like "I'm hungry so I'm gunna eat you", random kills a random builder, then a knight or archer next to that builder kills the random killer, and a war is born, both players are going to random kill anyone in the other race. This isn't a death match server, it's not about killing all the opposing team. Again, you don't compete in role play.

5. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Because this isn't life. It's a damn game, and a game we're playing. We shouldn't have to defend ourselves because 1 person without anyone else in their race, states they may want land, then it being okay.

War only happens when everyone agrees to war. It doesn't just happen. Otherwise if 1 side attacks, it's called an attack. Not War.

6. Like I already said before, a good reason must be said, but I completely disagree with both sides having to agree. It's still war, just one side is attacking and the other side is too cowardly to attack back, and they simply defend. And of course there will always be wars. There has to be, especially with Orcs who are said to be brutal and all kinds of stuff that basically lead to war. If the Orcs haven't started war within 10 minutes, then something is obviously wrong, or all the other races are simply too cowardly to do anything against the Orcs. In the cases that I have seen in the previous days, people have been saying that someone is saying stupid stuff, but it actually turns out that it was a good reason, such as Orcs demanding tribute and it wasn't given or an ambassador and his guard was killed. Most people play KAG to fight and kill people, so of course most people who join the RP server would very much like to fight or then it would become too boring.

7. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

So, since all of KAG is about fighting an killing people, no mods should be made for people who want to actually have something different to play a bit on? After getting all these modding opportunities we're suppose to throw it all away because KAG is "to fight and kill people"? If people can't adapt and play by the rules because all they can do is "to fight and kill people" then they should be kicked, and later banned if they refuse to play along to the servers rules. If all they want to do is go kill people, why don't they just go join a death match server or a CTF server?

I certainly hope orcs shouldn't always declare war within ten minutes of a new map, that will just turn every map into a DM fest. There is also an obvious balance problem with all the races, elves can't defend themselves at all. Not a day goes by when I don't see an elven building griefed.

8. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

There is a reason all classes can damage to each other in this game, the orientation of KAG and any of it's mods/modes is towards fighting, just like every other good RP game/mod. If you don't like fighting, then stop playing on the server or go dig a deep hole, otherwise stop whining about wars being declared.

AJ likes this.
  9. Creille

Creille Base Burner

10. Boxpipe

You're not so stop acting like one. Arguing.. or more intelligently put "debating" is what is going on here, not flaming. So i see no reason for this thread to be locked, when only a couple players are talking about the state of affairs going on within the server.

AJ and Creille like this.
  11. Creille

Creille Base Burner

i'm just saying all it takes is a request for a thread to be locked if you guys like it please continue

12. Boxpipe

No it doesn't, you act as if at your very command (or any else's for that matter) a thread can be insta-locked, do you even know what "request" means. If you having nothing relevant to add to the thread besides idle empty threats, then just stay out. And no, your post count is not a counter for your reputation among the KAG Community and it's moderators.

AJ likes this.
  13. Viking176

Viking176 Shipwright

THATS ME IN THE DWARVEN CHAIR !!! :DDDDDDDDD

14. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

No. If he doesn't like fighting he should stay the Hell where he is. This is not a death match server and not you or anyone else can make it one. It's not your choice. Not your game. You follow the rules, or you all should be permabanned in my honest to god opinion. This server has rules and no one except the makers of it have the right to not follow them. So stop acting like a bigot just cause you think you're someone special. This is not a fighting server no matter how butthurt you are towards it.

Rules are rules. You have no choice but to follow them or not play.
    </br>--- merged: Aug 28, 2012 5:53 AM ---</br>
    In the end it doesn't matter what you think. People have to agree on this server to go to war, or else it's not going to happen. Deal with it.

15. Boxpipe

What rules are you even talking about?

16. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

About the rules revolving around fighting. How you said for him to go to another server if he doesn't like it. It should be the other way. Those who like fighting should leave if they only are there to fight, as this is by no means a fighting server.

17. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

So no one should ever fight? Any medieval era RP has to some form of violence and combat to be interesting. If there was nothing exciting happening it would be boring.Thats what orcs are for they fight.They spice things up.Its also why lore of other things has stuff like "Elves and dwarfs dont like each other" because racial and political tensions spice things up.
    </br>--- merged: Aug 28, 2012 7:02 AM ---</br>
    But to much is bad.There must be a balance but orcs are the kind of thing that are ALWAYS fighting.Because many things that have them say in their lore that orcs have some genetic or instinct driven reason to fight.

Radpipe likes this.
  18. master3327

master3327 Shopkeep Stealer

Hey Huek! I was admin on your other server, (Goblins and ??? (Forgot)) So, may I have it on this one?

19. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Some admin come on now. One of your admin I think used editor to make us always spawn in this spike pit and die. Inside it says LOL. We can't stop, nor can we change maps. One is AFK so we can't. Fix this.

Creille likes this.
  20. Creille

Creille Base Burner

that wasn't an admin, no one was on the server and i joined and a guy call XWDAUU@231 or something was spawn killing me with a huge pit :pthen i got ping banned

Mods: jackitch
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.