1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[428] General Knight Discussion

Discussion in 'Knight' started by killatron46, May 14, 2012.

1. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

I find that they usually jab spam and slash whenever someone comes up. I know this because I am usually the one doing it. :3 When they are jabbing, I find that you can quite easily push (not a bash) them with your shield, but when they are not jabbing and slashing this tactic can really put a stop to the game.

Boxpipe likes this.
  2. Exid

Exid Shark Slayer

The problem with the that way of doing it is, the person can block the slash and get moved a bit from the stun, and then just go back to standing in that same spot.
    You would need about two to three knights to make him/her move, and doing the slash isn't easy when there are so many things distracting or trying to kill you, bombs, arrows other knights etc.

Boxpipe likes this.
  3. 12anger

12anger Ballista Bolt Thrower

But usually when this " bug " is being used there are alot of people trying to climb up, its those times when you go on a massive streak and some di** does this x_x

Boxpipe likes this.
  4. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

[488] In fact double slashing doesn't even work when straight on fighting, it's silly that we can no longer deal with an opponent that is infinitely shielding and easily kill us with jab spamming.

5. Exid

Exid Shark Slayer

The amount of time someone can recover from a slash is too fast for something that doesn't hit half the time, If I wanted to balance slashing I would make the recovery time slower or I would make the stun from the slash longer, in this build people just recover in mid air and start shielding again so even a double slash can be blocked ... I also think the thing that makes knights jump four blocks with a slash is causing slashes to miss or stuff up the hitboxes, and makes double slashes not do stun or damage to your enemy.

Boxpipe likes this.
  6. Here's an idea.

Use bombs. That way they have to shield in the opposite direction, giving you a bit of time to get up there to get at them. Easy.

Boxpipe likes this.
  7. Exid

Exid Shark Slayer

Bombs cost money, and I'm not going to bomb every single knight I meet. You can shield a bomb throw followed with a slash attack by facing in the direction of the knight and bomb.
    !!!
    :eek::gear: :b_shop: :sword::D = :):gear: :no: :sword::QQ:
    Just pretend the gear is a shield

Boxpipe likes this.
  8. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

Indeed, as LordReudh said, this could be easily solved with bombs, perhaps even only one in this case.
    Now, with that point taken in consideration, I don't see what the fuss is about. This is an easily counter-able tactic. Bombs can be lobbed, builders can spam ladders or bridges, and archers can kill the camper. Any of these can easily and quickly put a stop to this; not everything needs to have a "rush-in-blindly-fighting" solution to it.

In fact, while you complain of knights abusing the "impassable overhang" tactic, a builder can easily recreate this within seconds (and probably better as well) by using a spike and a single stone block.

And the solution to that?

Explosives. Which, SURPRISINGLY, happen to be one of the best, if not the best solution to everything outside of your base!
    Late post, but whatever. Still applies.

Boxpipe likes this.
  9. Exid

Exid Shark Slayer

Indeed it does apply,it's rude to ignore other people's opinion's, so I'm going to continue discussing about knights because of what you said :S

While bombs are one of the best tools for a knight, it doesn't mean we should really on them and use bombs only, The problem I have with knights right now is that slashing is almost pointless while attacking groups, you just get jab spammed to death so people only use bombs to attack, which is what most people are doing this build.
    Of course a builder could do a way better job then a knight of blocking a area off, the problem is that a knight shouldn't be able to do it so effectively and in such a glitchy way.

Boxpipe and allknowingfrog like this.
  10. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

Do you guys even play as knight? Bombs are awesome, but they aren't a substitute for balanced combat. Knight combat should be a battle of skill and timing. Jabbing, shielding, slashing and shield-bashing could all play a balanced part and make for epic battles, if correctly tweaked. Some builds have been much better than others, but none have yet achieved perfection.

feet, Boxpipe and Contrary like this.
  11. Creille

Creille Base Burner

Pretty sure everyone loved build 290 :P
    That was my favourite (it probably had so much horrible sizzle in it, but I can't remember any bad aspects to knight combat)

Boxpipe likes this.
  12. dandyking7179

dandyking7179 Bison Rider

KNIGHT IS THE BEST CLASS KNOWN TO MANKIND! and I shall repeat that, till the end of time.

Boxpipe likes this.
  13. Boxpipe

Powerslashing should do damage through shields, sick and tired of powerslashing doing no damage whatsoever.

lehoon likes this.
  14. arcanecat

arcanecat Shark Slayer

Lets talk about full charged arrows doing dmg to shields !!! ;3

Boxpipe likes this.
  15. dandyking7179

I think that would be too easy, for both knights and archers to take dammage when the attack is fully charged. Imagine those situations when there's a builder building up and a knight is defending this builder from enemy archer fire. In this case, it's too easy and the archers don't have to work in sync with they arrows. As for knight combat, it would be too easy because it would all be about the one who attacks first (not the one with the best skillz) who wins a 1 on 1 fight.

bunnie, arcanecat and Boxpipe like this.
  16. arcanecat

arcanecat Shark Slayer

Meh, I don't like full charged arrow stun on shields, and I just think full charged slashing doing dmg to shields is absurd. btw i was joking ;P

Boxpipe and dandyking7179 like this.
  17. dandyking7179

Ah yes, now I see the sarcasm in your previous post sorry ;)

bunnie, arcanecat and Boxpipe like this.
  18. Boxpipe

The only absurd thing here is that we still need to rely on jab spamming to kill players because powerslashing is utter crap and never hits anyone at all. Probably the rarest thing I see in KAG is a doubleslash.

Exid, lehoon, Contrary and 1 other person like this.
  19. arcanecat

arcanecat Shark Slayer

Add a mace but you get with no shield that deals dmg to shield-ed knights :D.

Guitarman, dandyking7179 and Boxpipe like this.
  20. Hobhob

Hobhob Catapult Fodder

I see so many people scurry to get away when a knight pulls a bomb out. All you have to do is run at him, power slash and stun him, his bomb blows himself up. You need to realize that the bomb has longer than you think before it blows, take the initiative and use it against him!

SlyStalker and Andr01d like this.