1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

King Arthur's Role-Playing Server

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by VanHuek, Aug 5, 2012.

?

Is this a good idea and would you like it put into action?

1. Yes

90.7%
  2. No

9.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: jackitch
  1. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

I haven't left the server alone- I am just very busy at the moment.

2. LexaCZ

LexaCZ Catapult Fodder

Why am I banned for this server? :QQ: LexaCZ

3. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

How about main storyline changing every week?When you are entering the server,you are explained what is currently happening.Like a pop-up message,server description,or you have to read it on forum to get a new password.

The main problem is that there is no storyline(I do not consider a brief description of races a storyline),so players have to make up their own.More than often they fail,sometimes they make something interesting.Here is a fine example.

Once,Rayne used glitch that caused grenade sparkles to emit from his hands and we,orks,declared him "da prophet of da Gork `n Mork".Dwarves told us that they already had prophet,and our prophet was a false prophet.We asked them to bow down before the real prophet,they refused.

There,a fun,legit,interesting reason for a conflict.When we were raiding their cave and when we were trying to repell counterattack both sides were having fun.

Beef, DrZaloski, -Grey- and 2 others like this.
  4. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Controlling who can be bandits is stupid, however. Having limited bandits per percent of population is indeed a good idea.

Bandits should have no builders, only archers and knights, it's a shame we can't make them work with no ability to climb bridges.

Also eventually with scripting, the ability to kick them upon death for 30 minutes (since if you just give them a 30minute respawn time they can change classes and back to respawn fast).

Just some thoughts. Also yes maps will need to be MUCH larger to faciliate this, and we'll also probably need to wait for metal or some other 'stronger' door/wall so that bandits can't just raid through, we also might want to consider making things such as all stone (no door) structures warning->ban unless a tunnel leads up, just a thought.
    Response to his previous post before last.
    DrZaloski still missing the point of course, you are all rapid to blame the typical orcs that play but very rarely do orcs initiate any war, it is usually the dwarves thinking they can win because they have the upper hand, but when they lose because they don't know how to handle objectives in a war, they get buttmad, others help them because "Oh orcs so bad!" and you all die you get mad because orcs are too good yada yada. When I played elves no one bothered me, hell when all of us who normally play orcs played elves no one bothered us, you guys are just taking IC mentality(Blame Orcs) to OOC mentality and that's a fucking problem that you have to deal with yourselves, an internal conflict that is of your own making. I might be rude, crass, and to the point, but it does not mean that I started wars or went out seeking war. I did badmouth dwarves as Zod, however that was IC and part of what I do, as dwarves also badmouth orcs, this is regular, the problems started when dwarves then attacked the elves near us and took it a step further and attacked us as well, after these attacks, war were declared, as is natural when an attack would happen by everyone online of that race (all 2 of them).

Furthermore, these dwarves were not RPing at all, while I, RPing as Zod did so frequently as well as obeyed the New Life rule which is another thing that they never used, they came back fighting the same people over and over again, no RP at all when attacking, no RP at all to claim they wanted disengage, they were eventually killed so many times it should have been over, we conquered their entire side of the map and they still just fought, no RP at all.

You filthy orc racists are really getting on my nerve when it seems that all you ever do is log on and blame orcs right away for any fighting happening at all, not knowing what the RP was previously, not asking what it was, simply blaming, you don't bother to immerse yourselves, you just fight or whine and cry, but I'll at least take a fighter over a little whiny bitch any day.

Next time you see orcs fighting with someone ask who fucking started it and get the RP. This shit happened to me again today with people blaming orcs for something we didn't start.

DrZaloski, Kouji and Gofio like this.
  5. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

If a mod can be made, we need a huge map with a "noobie" zone they spawn in. They all pick 1 class, as this is the only one it will show until after you choose this NOOBIE class and read the story.

What this does would allow you to spawn in a zone blocked off (maybe a mod made so these are special admin blocks it's made up of, so no one but an admin can break them, not even with a bomb or a keg) and you start out as maybe all archers (weak) in this zone, and since it's the same class they can't spawn kill on log-in. Now when you do pick this class, words pop up automatically on screen, scrolling, telling you the story line that is voted each week by the players.

After you read it, it gives a KEY in a sense to open up a door that can't be broken, that leads to a shop; you click on a shop that is made to give you the rest of the classes, which also spawns you in that classes "Spawn point" and tells you that classes story 1 time until you log back in, or change classes. It may be a bit tedious, but it also allows people not to rightfully log in and just start killing off the bat, plus it gives people the creativity each week to decide the conflict. After that, the RP is based on the story, and you act it out accordingly.

Gofio likes this.
  6. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

already got that one: orcs.
    well, thats what most people think.
    </br>--- merged: Aug 30, 2012 6:24 PM ---</br>
    lllllllluuuvvvvvvvvit!
    except for the storyline thingy, I think eveything is already possible!
    you can create blocks, i think... and if else, you use a line of stone blocks, coz' everyones archer.
    then, the story can be put on this page, and changed every week.
    the nooby place would be closed after use, and the new players have to tell what the story is, before the admin opens the door!
    workshops are already moddable as hell, so that should be possible, dunno if four teams creates problems though.

7. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Id hate to be a party pooper but IF IT WAS POSSIBLE WOULDN'T WE ALREADY HAVE FIXED IT? Gee...
    There is currently no scripting, which means we currently can't do it.
    Which also means its no use sending (from time to time obvious) solutions that we cant create.

Kouji and BlueLuigi like this.
  8. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

This. Everyone thinks up these ideas, we already have a ton of them and a conversation made for ideas and people who can get them done so that RP servers can stay a thing and be much better when scripting is out, the reason you don't see any of it is just as goodman8 said.

Kouji likes this.
  9. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Hate to break it to you, but if they can "mod" things like bouncing kegs, or Zombie spawning shops, or add mossy stone to a builder's list, I'm sure they can mod shops to have classes the Log-on class chooser doesn't, and be able to make it pop text up to tell a story, or make an admin class with unbreakable materials.

10. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Hate to break it to you, but....
    No. They can't. Not even close.

11. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Those aren't made by scripting, people edit in game configs. which are basically presets.
    If people were able to do items that change the game hugely they would.
    Edit: Ninja'd :rollseyes:

12. Am I the only person who thinks that it's funny when someone explains modding to BlueLuigi?

Beef, UnnamedPlayer, Hella and 6 others like this.
  13. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

I don't think a whole lot of us said "this should happen now". Lots of the posts actually say "when the next scripting updates comes out" or "when at all possible" so on and so forth. They're just suggestions that can be possible in the future. You shouldn't just say "there should be bandits" then just leave it alone until you actually can implement it, only to realize you have no idea how to balance it. I don't think anyone said "They should have this! WHY DON'T THEY HAVE MY IDEA!?". People are just recommending possible balancing ideas and additions for the future. If anything, it just shows what the servers main audience (that actually gives enough of a shit to talk on the forum) wants.

14. McChunks

McChunks Shark Slayer

You have to remember that this is KAG and not Garrysmod.

We were able to roleplay on Garrysmod the way we were because of the way Garrysmod is made and works, with it's scripting, gamemodes and all those features.

Scripting hasn't been added yet. When it will, things will change. For the better.

15. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

This is what you get when a bunch of newbies join the communities and think they are all hotshots and don't need to care.

16. lilramboST6

lilramboST6 Shipwright

Um I'm on the server and Areo but mainly Rommel are repeatedly type killing before i can say anything. Could you do something?

and if areo or rommel are reading this :bird::>:(::bird:
    </br>--- merged: Aug 31, 2012 3:08 AM ---</br>
    too many idiots these days

ParaLogia likes this.
  17. Areo

Areo much doge so swag wow
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

I was not typekilling , You were abusing it in mid battle. , We were attacking , and you started typing , thats abusing it

UnnamedPlayer, BlueLuigi and Rommel like this.
  18. Rommel

Rommel Commissar Donator

I asked you to leave nicely you came back for revenge again and again so we started killing the guy screaming insults

19. Viking176

Viking176 Shipwright

Do you really believe this guys shit? After he has griefed multiple times that day i banned him was one of them.

20. lilramboST6

lilramboST6 Shipwright

All I can say to that is if "mid-battle" means standing and being shot at repeatedly then yes I was "abusing this"

this isn't even worth arguing about now that it's over anyway and it was in a videogame. :rollseyes:

Mods: jackitch
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.