1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

WAR Mode, Full KAG and the fairly immediate future

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WalterWulf007

WalterWulf007 Base Burner

I wonder what else are they (maybe) hiding :I

2. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Are you guys gonna give ability for archers so they can crawl, I can't tell how many times I get so close to sneak into the opposite base undetected as archer but then just to get uncovered and detected because I can't crawl, we don't need to have 1x1 block space crawling as it was suggested long ago, otherwise having archers just lay low is pretty useless and it's a shame :(

Even crouching would be great, press x to crouch, press z to crawl, and that would make smart archer not only less detectable but more effective at not getting killed just by fooling opponent by hiding. Archers now are like cannon fodder.

3. Archers crawling through gaps like that would be INTENSE.

4. TheCrusader

TheCrusader Shopkeep Stealer

Hehehee. Bombing raids. Unless you've got a ballista you're pretty much screwed against bombing raids.
    This update actually excites me. I hope you've included in-game music to make farming and battles exciting.
    I think I'll make a Colonial pack when this update comes out. British Redcoats V Colonial Americans! Or Pirates.

FlameHaze3 likes this.
  5. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Why did you modify what I said in quotation?

It was said that 1x1 crawling would be bad, so I said we don't need it.

6. I misunderstood, and thought it would be cool.

All good.

LostPix likes this.
  7. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Yeah, after all this stuff is being added, it would only be AWSOME if there was music in it, perhaps the music will change and be more up-beat as the checkpoints(assuming thats what those stone pillars represent, who owns what at X time) are taken.
    both own 1 (base)
    = Farming and teching up ambient music x)

Both own 2
    IE expanded to a knew island
    = A colonizing type of music, to make it sound adventuring!

Both own 3 (1 gateway on each side on the middle island)
    =Fighting Music!

2-4/4-2 owned(team wise)
    =A music tipping towards 1 sides victory

1-5/5-1(team wise)
    =A heavy based siege music, as 1 side is clearly ahead atm.

Also, it would be cool if capturing a checkpoint made a little sound, as a small victory when one is taken.
    Ofcourse this is all just an idea, based on the fact that in the little picture they released it seemed as though blue owned that stone gate.
    :B):

8. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I love games that do the music to fit the scene thing, like Rome: Total War, or King of Dragon Pass.

Sets the best mood when you hear thundering drums during your charge, and the melancholy music if you lose really makes you feel.

JacKD, allknowingfrog and AdrianC like this.
  9. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Now lets hope they have this planned! But as Geti said, thats enough spoilers for today, so i am sad QQ.
    EITHER WAY, im am STOKED if there are airships. I cant even begin to describe how much joy i would have playing this game with airships.
    Who else wants to fly over the ocean just to see BALISTAS aiming at US! And then if they did so, seeing us ESPLODE(on purpose) into tiny little gibblets, as our ship falls down and kills the enemies/allies below! Would be shweet.

10. luizffgv

luizffgv Base Burner

[​IMG][​IMG] Bisoncopters, the crazyiest idea of KAG and the world! (Sorry for the size of the images)

11. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

No, although that would have been funny had I thought of that. I had been referring to the fact that knights are better at parkour courses than archers. :p

12. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

No.
    Like the Hindenburg.

13. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

So if the my team wins I can make the build a giant sandstone pyramid (if that will be added) and then they can mine gold for my teams empire

14. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

There needs to be sand so we can make beaches. :P

15. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

i could see sand work in the exact way as terraria and minecraft and it would be pretty deadly

16. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

Collapses in general are deadly, in and out of KAG.

Every year there's always a few reports of some dumbass(es, ettes) asphyxiating after being buried in sand while making some collossal sandcastle or the like.
    Nature is dangerous.

17. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

With the new omni directional combat/aiming system, does that mean that the texture packs will not work with the new build?

18. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yes, but they will still work with classic.

Every single mod that exists at the moment will also be broken in full. I don't particularly care, since they'll still work in classic and there's no point crippling the system just for backwards compatibility's sake when there are only a handful of mods anyway.

19. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Not to mention the mods that this game currently has are terrible, and broken. Such as that multi-team mod.

20. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

Um geti you still didn't answer you said build up our army as if implying that we can recruit ais.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.