1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

200x200 CTF [NL]

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by trelawney, Sep 4, 2011.

Mods: jackitch
  1. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

Name: 200x200
    Size: 200x200
    Gamemode: CTF
    Units: Default
    Slots: 18
    Server Location:NL
    Global Moderation: On
    Maps in rotation: custom flat, hole and mountain generators
    Pingkicks at: 366 ms
    Just-ping results (48 locations): ping!
    Admins: The usual 200x200 / 150x150 password (so i guess that's Valky, Mr Henki, KwisatzHaderach, Downburst)
    Other: Daily restart @ 07:00 GMT

If any of you guys need rcon access, don't hesitate to contact. I'm still very new to this game so any suggestions are welcome.

So far I've modified the baseline from 45 to 65 (as I've seen more people enjoy the open airs rather than the mines) and set mountain shape to concave.

2. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

So, I love the sound of this, no-one has set up a UK server before. I'm from the UK so do you mind if I get rcon? I don't mind if you want to see me play first to know i'm genuine.

3. trelawney

Check your private messages or "conversations" as this forum software likes to call it :)

4. trelawney

Added a second, slightly larger (200x200) server located in the Netherlands. 16 slots this time. As always, suggestions are welcome. Maybe run a sandbox server on this one? Maybe summon hundreds of players to fill it up? :D

5. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

Mind if I have rcon access? I'm UK and enjoy playing on your server it's so freaking awesome xD (Played with Garciat last night so funny watching an admin be bored :D)

6. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

Rcon pass if it is possible.
    Also,this is a bit unfair... 150x150.png
    Red team has no hill in their half...

7. Neat

That's true. I was going to mention that. Blue team often win because of this.

8. trelawney

Maps are randomly generated, the only things I've changed are in the OP (i.e. baseline & hill to concave), i can't think of a possible remedy.

Valkyrie & Ha1ter check your inboxes , relevant conversation has started.

9. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I'll be on here when I can, I love small maps. Cheers for hosting!

10. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

Kicked today at 150x150 server:
    Frank/griefing,holding the flag on middle o f the map so enemy can reach it.Kicked after 3 warnings.
    Oillie911/changed side from blue to red and colapsed the wall around tent,enemy team took the flag.Kicked whit out warning!

11. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

I've developed a tactic of asking them to stop, warn them, then asking the team to mark if they don't I kick them.

12. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

Sometimes it is to late after warning couple time,marking etc.
    It depends on how the players is acting.Some of them are just new and they will stop after a few words,some of them will go even harder in their griefing...

13. trelawney

[​IMG] made a map heavily influenced by your favourite soft-drink, should i host it on 200x200? it lacks trees, other than that it's pretty complete.

14. Neat

Even though I never drink coke (literally on a record for how long i've not drunk any) I still think that's awesome. Can you make the 150x150 dr pepper? XD

15. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Played a bit in your server this morning, was great fun! Seems not to lag badly, my ping was the regular 100 and there were no teleports. (well yeah not lots of players but still :))

16. t0rchic

t0rchic Drill Rusher

Epicness. Question, does falling off kill you? If not, you should move the Coke symbol upward and add some ground at the bottom.

17. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

so config tweaking? pastebin the thing.

18. trelawney

pmed you , i'll just post significant changes here when we're done

[edit - here you go, main modifications]

Code:
    hill_height_max = 15                    
    mountain_concentration = 50
    mountain_width = 20		                   
    mountain_height = 23					
    mountain_shape = 0	

hole_concentration = 33; 37; 63; 67;               
    hole_width = 15		                 
    hole_height = 8				
    hole_shape = 0			

gold_concentration = 40; 50; 60;

19. Catakus

Catakus KAG Guard Tester

Been playing on the 150x150 and 200x200, love the small maps. Rounds are much shorter than most servers. Would I be able to get rcon for them? Currently an admin on dwat's 10v10.

20. Neat

I can't play on these servers anymore. A bunch of non english people play who don't know how to play the game better than a rock would.

Mods: jackitch