1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

WAR Mode, Full KAG and the fairly immediate future

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

He doesn't have to answer every question that we throw at him, he'd never get any bloody work done ;)

FlameHaze3 and KnightGabe13 like this.
  2. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

Plus, he likes us to find some things out by ourselves.

FlameHaze3 likes this.
  3. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

I thought devs are f**king around, and now... whoa.
    I'm sad I can't buy game second time :(

4. kinky

kinky Tree Planter

I believe youre reading too much into his phrasing and how it appears he likes to call players 'units'.
    When he wrote 'amass army' under game flow in the graphic of the main post, I suspect he was merely referencing how having a capable fighting force at all is evidently going to be a much more involved process than it is in current-day KAG (where you just find the nearest armory and switch to knight).
    It seems you will need boats, classes, settlements and siege tools; the trappings of an Army.

The basis for my saying this is his emphasis on how tech is going to impact the war. From the first post:
    --and from his further explanation post we got tantalizing peeks such as
    inferring that building a military pressence on the middle island will have more requirements than just carrying a fort over there as we do in current-KAG especially when you consider that the oceans sepperating the islands will be big deals that demand boats.
    All of these elements amass together to result in having a capable army.

In dusty old dev posts they had talked about wanting class progression to be a big deal.. everyone starting off as builders, and branching to masons and lumberjacks and finally arriving at the combat classes. They mentioned they probably wouldnt have time to realize the whole dream, and here he underlines that notion with "War mode will contain: Simple class progression".. Sad beans.
    .. where was that old image.. *dig around*
    [​IMG]
    The entire middle row wasnt combat classes. Thats the sort of framework where an idea like 'amass army' comes from.

5. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Also, amassing units could also refer to the idea i posted earlier, growing lives. If you rush early you have less lives, and potentially start losing them sooner!
    If you amass a good amount first, it will take a lot longer to deplete them over time.

Edit: Also kinky, that was a well put together post, nice job! I didnt even see that "class tree" picture before, nice bringing it up.

Beef likes this.
  6. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

We need what kinky said. Very bad.
    It would make sense to be able to go from one class to the next tier to the next tier and so on... like an experence system, so as you play through a game you can lvl up from a knight to the next tier. When you die.. you just drop one tier.
    So for builders.. just buil, mine for resourses or break shit and bam.. your up to the next tier. Or if your an archer.. if your a good archer then you will go up the next tier of archer. And if your a knight as you keep killing and breaking stuff and bombing ppl you will lvl up over time.

Doubt you devs have enough time to be able to put this in... but obviously the smart ppl out there could do this. :3

7. lehoon

lehoon King

[​IMG]

Thanks for the classic reminder

8. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Lol, pretty sure no one brought that up earlier, cuz it was universally accepted a few years back, as a classic LOL moment that we can all enjoy.
    Still, AIRSHIPS MAN! Make a youtube video of them before release devs!

Edit: Also, I think i recall a "possible" open beta for the next patch, for testing? Correct me if im wrong though, cuz i would love that x)

9. kinky

kinky Tree Planter

Yah I get the impression thats what farms are for too. Having farms is clearly part of spawn logistics in a harvesty way. I was focused on the specifics of lukepop's confusion. "build up our army". Couldnt find it elsewhere so I concluded he was referencing the second phase in the graphic of the first post;
    and given all the emphasis Geti has placed on having the infrastructure to have an army at all, it struck me as what one would say is the phase before stabbing eachother and after farm+tech. I hoped to summarize why it seems that will be a big enough change to merit its own phase amongst the ineffable divine scribbles of so called 'GAME FLOW' (which, alongside 'DOCK', apparently deserves capslock more than 'Start Island'.. Truly, the divine scribbles of Geti have much yet to teach us. Praise be unto DOCK! <3)

.. incidentally, how exactly would you fellow forum gents define 'Minecrafting'?
    I was under the impression a dirty filthy minecrafter was someone who laughably thought a tower should actually look like a tower instead of accepting that they exist only to produce walls of doors that knights majestically soar up on their way to stabbin tiem.
    (Possibly we will allow them a spike pit, if theyve been obedient.)
    I may have been too specific.
    [​IMG]

10. samus0000

samus0000 Builder Stabber

Don't be silly there not going to do that to use right?

11. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Not sure that's really what he meant, he just meant he wants to buy KAG twice, although I dunno what's stopping him form doing that...

12. Worm

Money... :(

13. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

what will happen if you attach multiple kites to a boat?

14. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

Airship.

Gamerbro, Beef and Cadbury like this.
  15. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Oh shit son... o ^o

16. IrishSmalls

IrishSmalls Bison Rider

Aw man please don't change the name!!!

The_Khan likes this.
  17. Worm

Wondering what will happen if you attach kite on kite on kite...
    Yo dawg...

Beef likes this.
  18. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

It becomes a single-person airship when you hold the opened sail, at least for now >:3

19. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

I think proper airships would be cooler though, with an airship making place that requires and landing pad type thing. :P

20. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Kite-orgy. ;)
    Or Kite-ception. :O

allknowingfrog likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.