1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Groups, Alerts needed.

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by Creille, Sep 22, 2012.

?

Would you like this or like default?

1. THIS

20 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. HOW IT IS NOW

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. DON'T CARE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. Creille

Creille Base Burner

Is it possible for you mods to change it so everyone gets alerts automatically from threads? For everyone?
    I find it really annoying that when you do something there you never get notified or anything..

Thanks baby cakes.

2. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

You can select "Watch Forum" or "Watch Thread" if you just want to get alerts for individual threads.

3. Creille

Creille Base Burner

Yeah I know I do that, but it seems to run out over a certain time?
    And I want it so other clan members for example get an alert for when a thread is posted in.

4. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

The problem I've encountered is when I create or post in a thread I automatically Watch Thread, which somehow seems to clash with my ticking Watch Forum. The fix I've come up with is to manually Unwatch Thread every time I post something--that way I still get alerts via the Watch Forum function. ;)

5. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

Yeah,I think after a time,it stops to work =/
    To check if there is a new reply/thread,I go on my profile,I click on Social Forums,and check the last post.

6. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I really don't know why people set it to watch stuff by default... I only ever want to watch a few very select threads.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  7. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

But Shad,you are a boss,you can do that :P

Personally,I think it would be good.

8. Ne3zy

Ne3zy Haxor

this would be useful

9. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

And by select threads, surely you mean only the ones I post in? :p

10. HardPenguin

HardPenguin Horde Gibber

"Watch forum" not working, at least to me. In already created threads in watched forum (my clan group), at least. Zero notifications from that :(

11. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

It only seems to work if you do as FBB described.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  12. HardPenguin

HardPenguin Horde Gibber

So I want it fixed T_T I don't want to fix all of those threads manually and I want to be notified about all of them :X

13. Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants

Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants Insanity Incarnate Donator

Is there anyone working on fixing this/is it fixable/whatever? It's a huge pain in the ass. Also, is there any way to switch auto watching threads you reply to "off"?

14. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

You should be able to find your way from here:
    preferences.png

Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants likes this.
  15. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

16. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

From what I've found, if you don't actually visit the thread that you're watching when you get an alert, the alerts stop. But then if you check the thread again after it stops, the alerts start back up again.
    For example, I'm watching the Question thread (I wanna be helpful lel), I never actually visited the thread for a while and I stopped getting alerts.
    I thought the questions thread was dead, but when I went to check on it, like 30 messages had been posted. I thought the watch thread feature was broken, but the next day I started getting alerts again. Strange it behaves this way.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97