1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The "I'm new/leaving/back" Thread

Discussion in 'Beginner Box' started by Monsteri, Aug 3, 2011.

Tags:
Mods: Gurin
  1. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Welcome to the both of you! :) Whether you're new to the forums or not! :p

Cerbercre likes this.
  2. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

i am back after +- 3 months :D

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  3. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

Ranged! ^_^
    Welcome back!
    Even though I don't think you know me....:S
    Anyway, new ranks instead of your well known:
    Door Spammer - 0 points
    Tower Camper - 5 points
    Knight Slayer - 25 points
    Bomb Jumper - 40 points
    Horde Gibber - 60 points
    Castle Crusher - 80 points
    Flag Runner - 100 points
    Haxor - 120 points

4. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

yeah i somewhat remember you, saw you in game.

i know about the new ranks.
    i was playing a lot of other games, mainly space games :D
    kerbal space program, FTL, i was following the kickstarter of Planetary Anhillation.

5. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

K guys, going away in about 2 hours; until late thursday, and I will have no access to a computer, and nor the internet.
    So, so long until then! :D
    Also, when I get back, I expect:
    *More siege weapons
    *All the classes you said we might get
    *Overworld, I don't care if its cancelled, I expect overworld.
    *Completed War mode
    *Everything that will ever be implemented into this game.

6. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

See you when you get back. :)

7. vampo

vampo alchemist Donator Tester

hello. my name jeffeypop. my name am sometimes vampo. just buy 3 more copies gold so can show my friends what full version like before they buy copy. is this ok? anyway, i donate to forum as well. try to be more part of community now. love this game for like more than year, maybe even more. i wanted to donate more to developers but don't need more copies of the game, can i do that?

8. FuzzyBlueBaron

Hey there, jeffeypop. Welcome to the forums! :D

Fantastic to hear that you love the game and are keen to both introduce your friends to the game as well as interact more with the KAG community yourself. :)

As far as buying more copies to help introduce the game to your friends, I can't quite picture in my head what you mean (I would probably just show them over my shoulder) but afaik there's nothing wrong with you buying more copies of the game--for your own use or anyone else.

Re: donating --- There is a Paypal account you can use to donate directly to Geti/MM, but I confess I can't remember it off the top of my head. Probably the best way to get such details is to send an email asking where to donate to contactATthd.vg

Otherwise (if you want to give them monies but don't need the extra accounts yourself), you could buy some premium codes and then run a giveaway/competition like this or this; it'd certainly be a way to interact with the community! ;)

Anywho, it's really late and I need to get some sleep. But that said, great to have you with us! :)

See you 'round!

9. vampo

Thanks for the quick response! I just mean letting them login to one of my accounts on their computer or one of my spares to play with me before getting their own copy. Sort of the way xbox live lets you have "guests" sign in on your account.

I actually really like the giveaway/competition idea. I might just do that. I've got the perfect medium for promoting just such a thing. Thanks!

10. FuzzyBlueBaron

(Still here, you just caught me)

Erm, we strongly discourage multiple people using the same account for a number of reasons foremost of those being that if one person on the account misuses the account it will still be banned even if those others didn't do anything wrong with the account when they were using it. Probably better is to get them to create their own free accounts and then (if they're interested) watch over your shoulder so they can see what the full version contains.

That said my (unofficial) advise is that if you really, really, really want to allow them to have a trial play on a premium account you've paid for it's your decision. Just make sure they're clear on the rules of the game (no hacking, no griefing, no abusing other players) or they might lose the account on you. I never told you this.

AdrianC likes this.
  11. vampo

Yeah, I'm pretty much only talking about people sitting right next to me with no opportunity for most of that sort of thing. Like, me logging them in just to play in the same game as me. Also I'm aware of the risk and won't get my feelings hurt if a friend gets one of the accounts banned.

12. unwoundpath

unwoundpath Arsonist

So, I hear big changes are coming. Guess it's a good time for me to check out whats here.

13. FuzzyBlueBaron

Good to see you again. :)

14. ThePyromanicMouse

ThePyromanicMouse Catapult Fodder

Hey, I'm ThePyromanicMouse, new to the forums, but been playing KAG for a while.
    I got interested a little while back, but now I'm probably back for good.
    TOTAL noob, having to learn all of the tricks again, such as bomb jumping.
    EDIT: I also stream at twitch.tv/PaintingLikeABaws, and make videos for youtube (occasianly) at http://www.youtube.com/user/PaintingLikeABaws?feature=mhee

See you on the forums, or on the battlefield!
    (PS)I'm in Aus so I'm mostly on Aussie servers.

15. FuzzyBlueBaron

Hey, welcome! :D

I just got off a plane from L.A. (14 hour flight) and am extreeeeeeeeemely jetlagged so no fancy free tip on offer today, I'm afraid. That said, the more you dig into this community the more you'll get back out--so glad to hear you've decided to join us. :)

Laters! ;)

16. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Welcome back! Have a good stay. ;)

17. Alyezo

Alyezo Arsonist

Hello,my name is alyezo from Malaysia and i'm new to the forums and the game.I hope to see you guys in game,please pardon my english Thank you.

18. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Hello! Welcome to the forums make sure to read the rules and most importantly have fun!

[​IMG]
    (cool name by the way)

19. FuzzyBlueBaron

Hello and welcome!

Glad to have you with us in-game and on the forums! :D I love your avatar, did you make it yourself ('cos it looks like you've got your name in it?). You should check out the KAG comic: http://kag2d.com/_kag/meow/index.htm

Catch you 'round! :)

KnightGabe13 likes this.
  20. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

Hey, I'm back, actually I never left but I stopped posting for a while, I'm Eric, I do helpful things

Mods: Gurin