1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Help me, there's an imposter

Discussion in 'General Help' started by link6155, Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Dear KAG forums member,

I am Link6155, and I need help badly. I have an imposter named Iink6155. He says he's no harm, but I really am concern for a few reasons...
    1. I am a well respected artist for games and graphic designing: http://link6155.deviantart.com
    2. I am a staff member of 7pmTech.com a technology site

My name is well respected on these site, including KAG. I have been banned for defending my name on a server and I would like to have this solved.

-thanks
    link6155

2. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Afaik only in case the guy imposting you griefs or hacks, sadly there's no reason to ban him. I could have an imposter named M0nsteri and he wouldn't be banned unless he was a derp herp hacker.

allknowingfrog likes this.
  3. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

I have no idea why people grab type of these nicknames...

4. link6155

I'm not crying, just asking for help. As for the fake me, I think I have settled it with a 1v1 deathmatch. Found the fake me, and he offered me a challenge, if I go 1v1 against him, whoever wins keeps their name. Turns out I win and turns out he's quite the griefer :/
    </br>--- merged: Sep 26, 2012 6:01 AM ---</br>
    Alright, I think I have figured out who was the imposters and found out something interesting. Heromaxed and I believe that keyofdoor is making multiple fake accounts. What proof do I have? In the game I played, keyofdoor was griefing, and I reported it. Then the fake Sir Link6155 came on. I asked the current admin online to check this guy IP, but keyofdoor insisted it would do nothing.

on heromaxed story, keyofdoor was griefing, he was reported, and then a fake heromaxed came on. A coincidence? possibly, but I would like the Staff members of KAG to check the IP of Keyofdoor and iink6155 to see if they match.

Stevedog, Lord_bugg and Gofio like this.
  5. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

The reason you were banned on the server was because you were crying about it.
    People can change their IP, someone wants me banned, It isn't you.
    I did not make these accounts, someone else did.

6. link6155

I'm not crying about this situation, but it shouldn't happen in the first place. The admin action felt immature, although i'll leave that open to interpretation. Yes people can change/hide their IP, but it's still worth a shot. This shouldn't be happening to players nor should it be left unsolved.

7. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

FliesLikeABrick banned one of the imposters.

8. link6155

I have more evidence that the imposter is keyofdoor now. I have a chat log from a recent game in the attachment of this post. How do you know that i didn't this? check the time the log was last modified and the time i left the game.

He said that he was keyofdoor.

As you can see, he clearly stated that he is keyofdoor. Although some think this is a joke, how would he know I was accusing him of being keyofdoor. He's not registered on the forums, meaning that he would have no way of knowing that I accused keyofdoor.

Attached Files:

9. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

People can lie ...........

If I was for example M0nsteri (fake Monsteri) and someone wants to know who I am, I would also say just a name, and maybe even someonewho you think the fake would be.

If you know what I mean.

allknowingfrog and xChapx like this.
  10. link6155

And he did what you just said. He made a "fake" keyofdoor account saying that people are impersonating him to, although the timing of this account being online was strange. I have my reasons behind believing he is making the account.

11. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

What is the fake keyofdoor account ?

12. Brandon816

Brandon816 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Guys, I can confirm there is a fake link too. He was vulgar and not afraid to leave on caps lock. Anyway, the name I saw was link6I55 though, with an 'eye' in 6I55. That's copying and pasting straight from the chat log, so it's not like I'm guessing. He seemed like he was really trying to be a prick to get link banned, kind of weird seeing as how link doesn't even have a premium account (although, that could be one way to fix it, spoofers aren't going to shell out $10 to troll one person).

But, here's the real thing. I don't see that the fake has an account in the forums here. Is there anyway to spoof a name on a non-gold server? It was on "Action [!] Unlimited | Classic", so it's running some kind of server mod to allow the extra buildings, so if there isn't a hack to spoof names, maybe there is a backdoor in that mod? He was able to rejoin under the same name immediately after he was kicked.

So far, that is:
    Code:
    Iink6155
    link6l55
    link6I55
    Also, here is a video of the fake one griefing: link
    and here is the chatlog showing him rejoining after being kicked: link

And one more thing, [] Hatsumei was really pushing to defend him (even switched teams to votekick me). It's possible they know each other, so you might want to press him for more information if necessary, but it's a slim chance at best they are related at all. He could just support griefers/hackers.

BlauweSmurf, Ej and link6155 like this.
  13. link6155

Well he did his job, I'm banned. I really want this resolve quickly now. KAG is an awesome game I don't want to be left out of :(

But hey, thanks for the evidence :)

14. Brandon816

Brandon816 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Don't worry, there is concrete evidence of this pretender griefing. It's enough to make sure that you get unbanned.

link6155 likes this.
  15. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

I deny being an imposter, yet the imposter does not deny being an imposter. This does not prove that I'm an imposter because the imposter is being an imposter of me.

16. link6155

\
    Nor does it prove you're not the imposter. If you're not the imposter, don't worry about it. I already dropped accusing you at this time, no reasons to bring up an old topic.

17. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

Very old topic.

18. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I do not consider people seriously who write like this and link deviant art account without proper portfolio site, no such thing as respected in industry, only well known and professional.

19. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Locking this as this is not discussion topic.

PM me if you really need help again. We can't do something about people with almost the same name, as long as they're acting ok.

Rubixxcube likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.