1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[WiP] Pirates!

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by TheWids, Sep 28, 2012.

1. TheWids

TheWids Haxor

hey guys, I made a little something in like july or something? Then I just left it and kinda left kag for a bit too. Recently I've gotten the the KAG fever, whatever u wanna call it. So I started up on this old sprite sheet i made. I originally made it cuz i thought boats were just around the corner, well not so much as i find out now. And now I'm releasing the [WiP] because i'd like to hear what you think, i want you to test it out. Suggest things, tell me things that r wrong. Praise me if u like it haha. I didn't make much concept art for this one, if you liked that last time i made a texture. Last time i made a texture i kinda gave up. Ill upload concept art tomorrow. ENUFF of this! this isnt a frikin blog, (it could if u wanted). If i knew how to use spoilers id hide this paragraph and just call it butts.

So here is the knight sprite
    knightmale11.png
    Ill talk a little about this. He has a cutlass instead of a sword, when he is walkin and stuff the sword goes on his belt. When emoting or talking he pulls out his periscope. And he has a swanky striped shirt. So far no heads, I need ideas for heads. Mishkas heads r so good, wish he was still here. Use his heads with this for now as they look very good.

Flag
    PirateFlag2.png
    this is the pirate flag, what shud other flag be? (i could just make it bacon :D)

I also have plans for the archer, he will yield a handmortar (willing to change this).If u dont know way dat is then search it. I am so cool i got a pic in here for you guys. might do a concept sketch for this actually. Or you can Google it.
    [​IMG]
    Have ideas for other stuff? Share em.

LATEST UPDATE:
    Added a .zip folder for quick & easy installation. I have included a second .zip folder that has the old archer sprite. It is the original archer sprite i made, he wields a crossbow.

How to install:
    1. Duplicate your sprites folder as a backup.
    2. Download either of the .zip folders
    3. extract to your sprites folder (not the backup)
    4. Kick ass

Check out ImAwesome's thread for the details.

Enjoi
    -Wids

Attached Files:

CrystalClear, hans_02, Bint and 6 others like this.
  2. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

Periscope thing is genius. This is genius. The flag is really cool. Maybe the other flag could be a sort of navy... or an opposing pirate clan... this will suit boats, whenever they come out :)

Lord_bugg, Bammboo and TheWids like this.
  3. TheWids

TheWids Haxor

Im planning on a boat texture as well

Lord_bugg likes this.
  4. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

Praise TheWids, for he is holy and everlasting. *Falls on hands and knees and kisses toes*

TheWids likes this.
  5. Masery

Masery is actually Maroon Donator

Oh yeah, sure.

I've only been begging texture artists to make Pirate Packs for Four Flippin' Months.

6. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

... or, you know, you could just do it yourself.

Lord_bugg and Contrary like this.
  7. FlamingDragon96

FlamingDragon96 Shark Slayer

Masery, I told you to make the pirate pack. Then Wids said in a game he was making a pirate pack and I was like "I think Masery will like that a lot."

8. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

I thought the term was hand-cannon?

Froghead48 likes this.
  9. Cerbercre

Cerbercre Brolord 弟兄主 Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Oh.. very nice. :)

10. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

I'm pretty sure you mentioned something to me about it too. :p

11. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

Yes.
    Thank You.
    Continue this.
    I am so getting this! ^o^
    Also, you should add this link above the handmortar link:
    Google it.
    EDIT:
    The knight thing has no blue...all teams they same color? :/

TheWids likes this.
  12. TheWids

TheWids Haxor

No blue? thats weird. On mine the striped shirt is blue or red depending on the team. Send me a screenie

13. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Not trying to shove up more work in your direction but maybe the opposite team should be marines?
    Would fix the flag problem too. :rollseyes:

Bammboo likes this.
  14. TheWids

TheWids Haxor

Thanks for all the praise and feedback. The knight sprites r same for both teams, only the colour changes. Test this out and tell me all the defects!!! Anyways, here is the 1 piece of concept art i made for this texture pack.
    image.jpg
    Pretty sick. I made the cutlass judging by this. If you want more art say so. I might make an archer with the hand mortar/cannon piece.
    Aight, hope u like
    -Wids

FlamingDragon96 likes this.
  15. FlamingDragon96

FlamingDragon96 Shark Slayer

Can't see the concept art.

16. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

Sorry, I couldn't see the stripes in the image!
    (I didnt test it when I said that)
    Also, why the hell did you upload it from gmail?
    Either upload it to the forums (reccomended)or use photobucket,flirckr, or some other image uploading service.(please, oh please; not imageshack)

17. TheWids

TheWids Haxor

LOL wuz to lazy to upload from ipad :p can you see it now? Oh and I comment on things before I test them as well sometimes :D

18. Lord_bugg

Lord_bugg Smashing Donator

the texture pack looks really cool, how do i download it?

TheWids likes this.
  19. TheWids

TheWids Haxor

Very good question.
    1. Drag the pictures of the sprite sheets to your desktop
    2. Rename the flag sprite "Flag1" & rename the knight sprite "knightMale"
    3. Right click your KAG and click 'file location'
    4. Open up your base folder and within that folder you will find a folder called 'sprites'
    5. Open the 'sprites' folder & drag the sprites into it. You may also want to make a copy of the sprite you are replacing.
    6. Whenever KAG updates it wipes all texture packs so you would have to repeat this.

Check out ImAwesome thread for the details.

Lord_bugg likes this.
  20. Lord_bugg

Lord_bugg Smashing Donator

Thanks for the instructions. :) Could you make simpler way of doing it or is it not possible, im just asking for all the noobs out there who need/want an easier way.
    </br>--- merged: Sep 30, 2012 6:21 PM ---</br>
    What about a victorian/erlier british navy kinda thing?

TheWids likes this.