1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The Great Gold Contest! Check the OP Frequently!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Utahraptor, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Utahraptor

Utahraptor Hulk Hogan Tester

edited

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  2. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I think this is a fantastic idea and I commend you for taking the initiative to promote KAG, especially with a fair cost to yourself. To start things off here's a building I made a couple nights ago to help me with my insomnia (shoulda probably just started a fight club):

[​IMG]

Are buildings made before allowed? How many entrees are allowed?

Utahraptor likes this.
  3. darDar

darDar KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester

I´ve had a similar idea, and will as well give people the option to win premium accounts.
    not sure what they have to do for it yet

4. darDar

darDar KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester

here i am

5. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

So,id doesent matter if it is made in paint?
    I dont think that this would be ok towards some people who try hard building in-game.
    But great idea there!And thank you for helping people!

6. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Will you be fair and make the 3rd contest something to do with combat? Building and texture editing both come from the same vein of "creativity". Even though I don't know why I care since I already have gold :/

7. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Yarr

Attached Files:

Utahraptor likes this.
  8. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

That is awesome, but the way the post looked at first glance.. it looked phallic. lawl.
    EDIT: Done, you gorgeous monster you :P

9. Monsteri

Haha why thank you

10. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

I am in! Will post my work as soon as its done

11. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

This is a fantastic idea :) Thanks for your support (and patronage!), good luck to the contestants.

If we get end of round stats in-game you could run a TDM server with 10000 kills on it, the most valuable player over the week wins. Later on down the line I guess, but it'd certainly be a testament to any player's killing ability.

12. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

I honestly dont know if this is good enough, if I had found gold and if I had more time I would have made it better but seeing how awesome will be the things for premium users I thought of giving it a try, though I never actually won anything...:(
    [​IMG]

Anyway, as you can see this is my fortress, if you watch closely it kinda has the shape of a chinese warrior`s face with a badass helmet, I honestly did not intend in making it like that but when I noticed I worked on the details, but I am really sad I couldnt find some gold I really needed :(

I even made up a little story:
    :) Good luck to all! but more for me XD

Utahraptor likes this.
  13. Monsteri

That is quite nice, laurentius. But doesn't beat my jogger >:] I wish you good luck in the race!

14. MrKaputtnik

MrKaputtnik Shopkeep Stealer

Worth a try. Btw, is more than 1 fortress allowed? 'Cause I've built 2 on one map(for both teams).

15. Utahraptor

I am trying to incorporate a board to run this thing, it might mean a more rigid contest structure since its not just me running it but it will yield more prizes too. @mrkaputtnik just post what you got its fine. And to be fair to all contestants please make your castles inside of kag not photoshop, there will be a time and place for the art round.

@Laurentiu: Looks like a space invader to me :D

@neat: I also really want to do a combat round but I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do with it.

Edit: Awesome submissions so far, keep up the good work.

16. MrKaputtnik

Here it is. I took the red fortress, it's the best I made.

Attached Files:

Utahraptor likes this.
  17. Utahraptor

Very nice Mr.Kaputtnik! We are still looking for one more committee member for this particular contest, if you are interested please let me know.

18. MrKaputtnik

Do you mean me as a committee member? I'm confused.

19. Noc

Noc Bison Rider

This is really cool, good job! I was wondering if there was any map editor alternatives I could use? Basically, a flat map where I spawn with tons of resources. I realize i could use a png editor, but that would destroy the purpose, and probably wouldn't be fair.

20. MrKaputtnik

Oh, okay. I thought you asked me.