1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 548 - Classic ~Final

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Classic Update:

We're coming up to a very large release of KAG, but in the mean-time theres been a lot of stuff addressed in classic (the current playable iteration of the game) that warrants a new release! There are likely to be a few bugs slipped through the net, but it's felt very solid the last few test rounds. Be sure to report bugs in the thread and on mantis.
    Full Changelog:
    • fixed extra spike and gurgle sounds occuring after getting spiked or drowning, then getting hit.
    • fixed 120 stone in catapult from bomb bug
    • fixed trees leave copies of their top behind when blocks have been placed above them
    • fixed lighting is team biased
    • fixed attack timer reset upon getting hurt
    • bombs now hurt through the holes they make, and through bridges
    • all damage goes through bridges now
    • fixed "vote next map is actually vote reload map"
    • fixed cant attack around corners (tentative fix)
    • fixed bottom line of map is empty
    • fixed % causes issues in chat window
    • REVERTED TO CLASSIC LIGHTING FOR NON-GOLD SERVERS
      caves2.png
    • added no_shadowing boolean in gamemode.cfg (defaults + forced to true in non-gold servers and false in gold servers )
    • fixed crash in security if a null player was present
    Hopefully the number of fixes is re-assuring to those that seem to think we're not listening to bug reports - Some of these fixes have been sitting in the repo for a good 30 days now, and were just never pushed by accident ;)

What's coming next?

We're working hard on the scripting side of things - combat is coming together again, a lot of things have been re-animated and re-polished, most of the syncing issues have been abated, and the API should be handling multiple games soon, if it isn't already :)
    We'll do another round up of things we've been working on and give some more pretty pictures next week, collating that kind of stuff takes too much time for me to set aside at 11:22 PM, heh.

Max/Geti

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

To be clear, it'll be up in 10-15 minutes or so when the build server gets its act together - restart your servers then!

Froghead48, Stevedog and delankski like this.
  3. Good!

4. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Slowest minutes of my life

5. Geti

Mine too. Something funny is happening with the build server. By funny, I mean stupid, and by build server I mean build server.
    It'll be done when it's done, sorry for the hold up. It just wouldn't be a KAG release without something going tits-up though.

cleggy, norill, SARGRA13 and 5 others like this.
  6. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

So when will it release ?

7. Geti

Whenever it was completed being built by the server - its out now, but there seems to be an issue with the server list.

8. Updated!

9. Mazey

Damn, only 1 server shows up but the map is to big so I can't join --

EDIT: Clemo fast round updated, joined :)

10. 16th

16th Bison Rider

Fixed trees leave copies of their top behind when blocks have been placed above them

What? U fix that bug? I don't belive! :thumbs_up:

11. Build 549 now!

12. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

y u no jab knockback?

13. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

Bugfixes are always welcome! And there is no cata bug anymore! Imo, you should add some new custom heads per update (as a new content).

14. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Was fun while it lasted huehuehaha.

15. Voxxitronic

Voxxitronic It's an adjective Donator

Finally an update.

16. fiddy

fiddy Bison Rider

Awesome bug fixes ! Good work : )

17. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

Man if this update fixes half the things it says it does, it'll be one of the best updates we've ever had.

Bammboo likes this.
  18. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

A minute of silence please.We will never forget this wonderful,wonderful bug which brought lots of joy and happiness to us.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Ej like this.
  19. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Especially to me, because I would kill off whole teams on it.

Also shotgun catapult still exists.

20. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

NOW UPDATING :)
    Final Version, I'm coming! haha..
    I wish it'll be the perfect classic build.

Razi likes this.