1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Wiki Wiki Contributors needed!

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by Wyeth, Nov 15, 2011.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

Could we have a page/section for buildings?

2. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I believe Banks are still custom.

3. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

Same, but hopefully in the new game mode. ;)

4. rocker2

rocker2 Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Hey, I would be willing to help the wiki. I can add sound bytes for the zombies.

5. Lord_bugg

Lord_bugg Smashing Donator

Is there a a KAG dictionary section for terms like bj (Bomb Jump) and other stuff? I would be happy to create, update that though i would need someone to list alot of the words that should be included. Whats the wiki language and are there any tutorials on it?

6. dnmr

dnmr Ministry of ban Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Lord_bugg likes this.
  7. Lord_bugg

8. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I made a KAG dictionary on the Forums. https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/wip-the-kag-dictionary.8159/

Perhaps you can merge that with one on the wiki to create an open source version (because I'm a bit too tired/busy to be working on this one all by myself)? I give you permission to copy my words and change it as you see fit. :thumbs_up:

Lord_bugg likes this.
  9. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

I take great pride in my ability to speak English exceptionally well. I might be willing to help if I can learn how to do the formatting.

10. Lord_bugg

Thanks Para

11. I am willing to help with the wiki in anyway i can, i know the wiki language and how to edit, so if you want my help, let me know.

Also, the wiki has several spelling and grammar errors in it, it would be best if someone proofread the work written.

12. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

The most important part is to keep content up-to-date. You can leave formatting for someone else if you don't know how to do it.

13. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I need more opinions! :eek:
    Also to be discussed:
    Should Workshops be merged with Workshop?
    Should Boulder (ammo) be renamed to Rocks (ammo)?

If I don't get ideas, then I won't know what to do!

14. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

Im all for Rocks (ammo). I so wish I remembered that when I was editing that page.

Also I say that you should copy stuff from Workshops into Workshop but still leave Workshops as a page.

15. dnmr

dnmr Ministry of ban Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

i can't see what you would accomplish with that. Why is it not ok as it is now?

no no no no. No copying content. Ever.
    </br>--- merged: Oct 20, 2012 12:16 AM ---</br>
    considering we don't have an official name for them... it's probably a good idea

16. Furai

Hello my acolytes.

I have one request. Could you move FAQ from our forums to our wiki? Of course as you are moving it the content of FAQ should be revised.

My aim is to get rid of FAQ on forums altogether. Not every player is keen to use forum that's why I'd like to be able to link them to some "external" content. Also this way we can publish it on our homepage.

I'll later check it and add my comments to it.

EDIT: I'm meant this thread.

17. ParaLogia

I figured it would be mis-linked to a lot when people just mean a workshop. The terminology is still a bit iffy.

Also, another major issue I forgot to mention. Which values should be set for the shops? The cost of everything varies depending on server/game mode. :argh:

EDIT: Another question: Is the replace addon only for bureaucrats?
    </br>--- merged: Oct 22, 2012 1:20 AM ---</br>
    Should I name the page "Frequently Asked Questions"? I notice that they aren't even questions.

18. Furai

So make them look like questions?

E.g. "How to (...) ?"
    "Can one (...) ?"
    "Is it possible (...) ?"
    "Where can I (...) ?"
    etc...
    I think it's not that hard. (:

19. ParaLogia

That works for some of them I guess...Whatever--I'll figure it out.

Should I still include some of the links to the Forum, like the link to the Global Ban Appeals thread?
    </br>--- merged: Oct 23, 2012 1:49 AM ---</br>
    I started. Does it look good so far?

dnmr likes this.
  20. Furai

Yeah, I like it, keep it up. Later I can just revise it and change it to my liking.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97