1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Dev Peek: Boat and Room Art and Discussion

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I'd rather have something for flying instead, buy small kite or parachute from shop would be fun, parachute would save you from high falls while kite would help you to glide across the battlefield but depending on height you start gliding from.

2. Voxxitronic

Voxxitronic It's an adjective Donator

Oh my god YES.

Mulpy likes this.
  3. Great!!! We need it!

4. cleggy

cleggy Arsonist

How 'bout a suicide boat, packed with explosives for more boomz. Everyone luvz big boomz:rollseyes:

Erex, Username5679 and xChapx like this.
  5. Ala-Gold

Ala-Gold Drill Rusher

One question: those wooden spikes on the front underside of the covered launch, are those just for show, or will they actually be for defensive purposes (for example, if you swim into the spikes or whatnot, will you take damage)?

6. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

Man the arrow dingy really reminds me of metal slug. Looking forward to it <3

JacKD likes this.
  7. vanchobe

vanchobe Builder Stabber

I like this boats :P and idea for kite :P

Gofio likes this.
  8. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

Geti, Exceptional work yet again on your beloved sprites. i myself can not wait to get my hands on these wonderfull peices of art....

Geti y u so gud at make picshures :>

9. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

I have a question: do we have to upgrade the, for example, agriculture room to get all of the functions, or would one just build a frame, then upgrade it, and he has a complete rooms, with everything ready, or will it just have the basic functions, with possible upgrades.
    I would personally prefer the last one, because then gold will have a purpose.

You can create a true fleet with this setup.
    Again, one question: Why does only the second boat have a sail?

those sprites are awesome.
    every time I think this game can't get better, you make it better.
    stop defying me!!! :3

Froghead48 likes this.
  10. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Now all we need is some Final Fantasy style airships. And our lives would be complete. :D

xChapx, Gofio, FlameHaze3 and 2 others like this.
  11. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Silly Fiddy, doesn't he know? The whole damn game is being redone in one go.

Also, Geti, is there going to be a red version of the barracks with a bear emblem on it? I noticed the eagle, and wondered how demoralising it would be, having the symbol of your sworn enemies staring down at you as you change into a more sturdy outfit. It's the stuff of nightmares.

MooCowMan, cleggy, Beef and 4 others like this.
  12. Aevenien

Aevenien Bison Rider

Hello, what I want to say, is an idea for galleons (these bigger ships..)
    So I think that it would be awesome, to make a map with water only (no lands).
    And make a special unit, for example:
    1. mechanical pirate (loading cannons)
    2. archer pirate
    3. Medical pirate
    4. sailor etc. :B):
    All types of pirates would be able to do different activities on board.
    And you'll have big ship with all resources on the start, also you'll have to build all these workshops
    and have a big naval war. What do you think?

DrZaloski likes this.
  13. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Geti: aren't the boats too 1 side viewed? i mean they look too frontal. The first one - the trunks made - looks nicer due to the fact it shows some perspective. What do you think?
    This brings me to another thing i wanted to suggest. Will it be possible to build structures or plant trees closer to the camera view so that if a player goes thru it he would be covered by it and not seen? I mean this (the player in flashback is not seen when the train arrives):

As far as I know, it only happens now with trapbridges, and some ago with shops partially.

14. rocker2

rocker2 Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Quick question: Will war mode be a a game mode available by default on Kag2dservers.com (I think it is also run by you guys)? I know that war mode is currently not available on the site, instead you have to do a fullctf map with TDM. Also, will these boats be available for Full Ctf as well?

15. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

depends if jrgp updates it or not; I believe.
    Keep up the great work, MM/Geti/Anyone else working on this update.[/quote]

16. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

guess you should just ' bear ' with it

17. qwertycrackers

qwertycrackers Shopkeep Stealer

And do it faster.
    </br>--- merged: Oct 23, 2012 8:59 PM ---</br>
    It looks to me like that is a waterwheel-like propeller. It'll probably deal damage, but why bother when the victim is already in the water?

18. I think this calls for a Black Beard pirate hat now

19. rocker2

rocker2 Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Not to be off-topic, but a red beard hat is already available, check MishKa's hat pack.

20. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

You disgust me.

KnightGabe13 and One like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.