1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

awesomenauts

Discussion in 'Other games' started by stig700, Oct 6, 2012.

?

have you played this game

1. yes

50.0%
  2. no

28.3%
  3. no but il try it

21.7%
Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. stig700

stig700 Ballista Bolt Thrower

so ye the game is awesomenauts and recently got ported to pc no its not a sucky port so ye its like 10 euros and i had a pretty good blast out of this game its an 2d dota style game with actual nice people

2. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Give us some info on the game, will ya?

3. stig700

its like i said a 2d platformer game made by ronimo games that has been ported over from xbox its 3v3 it costs 10 euros on steam it has 9 chatercters to play right now and more comeing on the way you can also check out their website over at http://www.awesomenauts.com/ if you want to know more :)

4. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

Awesomenauts is a 2Dmultiplayer online battle arena video game by Ronimo Games. It was released in May 2012 for Xbox Live Arcade and the PlayStation Network.[1] It was unveiled on 18 May 2011.[2] A later release came out on the Steam gaming platform on August 1st, 2012
    In the year 3587, war blasts across the galaxy. The war is between the reds and blues. Each side hires teams of paid mercenaries. One of the teams is the titular Awesomenauts, controlled by the player.[3]
    [edit]

Reception

It received an 8/10 from Edge magazine.[4] Game Informer gave it an 8.5/10.[5] GameSpot gave it an 8/10.[6]
    [edit]

Characters

The game currently consists of 9 characters on the PC version and 8 characters on the Xbox and PS3 versions. Characters consist of Clunk, Froggy G, Yuri, Lonestar, Voltar, Leon, Derpl, Coco, and Gnaw (PC version only). Patch 1.6 saw Skølldir, a Viking, added to the game.

(click the last spoiler)
    So yeah, a multiplayer arena game with 9 characters (start with only 3 though).
    Also at the start of each map there is a place where you can buy different ability's depending on your character. (ex.Lonestar can buy a hologram of a bull that pushes enemies back, or sticks of dynamite!)The characters can also buy upgrades for their stuff each match.

5. stig700

did you copy this from the wiki?

6. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

From wikipedia :P

KnightGabe13 and stig700 like this.
  7. stig700

calleed it :B):

Arcite likes this.
  8. 10110100101

10110100101 Shark Slayer

The new rank system annoys me. I had a decent rank but then went back down to 9 because of team mates.... I was 13/1 as Froggy G as well.. :(

9. stig700

ye the rank system is the only problem i have with it next to the matchmaking

10. Wonkyth

For the record, I really hope English isn't your first language, Stig. :P
    (OP could still use content, let alone sense)

As far as the actual game goes, I think I stopped playing it when I reached the second prestige rank.

11. stig700

ye english isnt my first language but im not used typing on a qwerty keyboard mostly on azerty

12. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

I prefer Awesomenauts to games like DoTa/LoL/HoN/SMITE etc due to it's "casualcore" nature. You can be a total badass, but if you mess up, people don't whip your ass about it.
    The characters are fun and so is the music.

13. 10110100101

10110100101 Shark Slayer

I agree, but thats quite a large stereotype for those games, I play LoL, but I don't care if people mess up as I play it for fun, and a lot of other people are the same. It's just the minority of rude people that make the community look bad.

14. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

To be honest, it really didn't seem like it was minor issue even in LoL. I personally got yelled at quite often in solo-que games.

Foxodi and 10110100101 like this.
  15. 10110100101

10110100101 Shark Slayer

Yea, ok, there are a lot of people like that. You just need to find people who are fun to play with, friend them, and just play pre-made teams with them. Makes the game much more enjoyable.

16. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

That's pretty much with every game :)

17. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

The game just came out for Mac, and I fucking love it. I was already playing it through wine, but it was quite laggy when I played online, but the Mac port runs flawlessly.

As someone who actually played DotA and HoN then LoL (although there was a long period between the two, so I sucked and got raged at a lot), I love the casual nature of Awesomenauts. The music, heroes, and entire atmosphere of the game just feels so happy-go-lucky, it's so much fun. I also like how the Awesomenauts aren't copy-and-paste DotA characters, considering they're 2D. Chunk is very similar to NuNu from LoL, though.

I have a few complaints about the game, like how the team balance is awful. If you go for a rematch, you just play the same teams, and 3/4 of those rematches one team is considerably better then the other, which is just frustrating, even for the winning team (at least I think so). As said before, the ranking system is pretty shitty, and there are a few balance issues. I feel as like Yuri is kinda underpowered, and Skolldir is fairly OP, and Derpl can be OP if the player knows how to abuse him.

I guess I also have to admit that Gnaw's poison might be a tad OP sometimes maybe when played right in some cases occasionally slightly (I main him). I don't really think he's OP like Derpl and Skolldir, who can just win games, but his poison is a huge pain in the ass for someone a still a little new and isn't wary of their health. Although, since I play him, I know how to deal with him if he's on the other team, so I don't think he's really OP, just hard to adapt to.

18. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

I played for a week when it was on the recent steam sale. I too also mained Gnaw - I really don't think hes OP since his DoT poison does less damage then most people's burst abilities, meaning he has to hit more then 1 person to come 'infront' in terms of damage, and his weeds are pretty weak. Clunk is clearly the most over powered, can set it up so its IMPOSSIBLE to escape his explosion, combine that with Leon's tongue to bring you into it and it's GG.

But out of 25 matches with a premade team, we only went up against another 3person team like 5 times. Terribad matchmaking system, so I kinda gave up on the idea of competitive play. It's a great casual game though.

19. Wonkyth

The weeds are OP simply because they make it so easy to camp coin spawns. :3

20. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

It's basically the only thing I do with them :D Though now I can drop 3 of them at the same time, so it does help for some quick defense/offense. Useless in a field fight though.

Mods: BlueLuigi