1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Dev Peek: Boat and Room Art and Discussion

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

The pumpkin hat was first introduced at halloween last year, where all the default heads suddenly became a pumpkin. You're too late, bro!

Boxpipe and Razi like this.
  2. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

Well how bout Bacon heads?

Boxpipe likes this.
  3. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

how does that even work...
    a gargoyle, wraith and z-knights heads would suit it much better.
    also any new heads that will appear in the new version, will they also appear in classic?

Boxpipe and delankski like this.
  4. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

getis art is buttz

5. HERaLD

HERaLD Shark Slayer

I want to be able to fly the FF 3 Invincible. ACTIVATE TURBO AND FLY OVER THEIR WALLS!
    Plus the thing has shops and healing stations INSIDE IT.

Boxpipe likes this.
  6. D0ubl3Tr0ubl3

D0ubl3Tr0ubl3 Shopkeep Stealer

I like the covered lauch and archer dingy.
    [​IMG]

Boxpipe likes this.
  7. The art looks truely FANTASTIC! awesome!

Boxpipe likes this.
  8. vampo

vampo alchemist Donator Tester

yes and both provide for your team more spawns!

Boxpipe, delankski and Razi like this.
  9. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Sudden idea...
    When... and if... one has to turn the ship around. Give it a turning animation and depending on the boat you can turn around faster or slower. :3

Boxpipe, jeffeypop and Chrispin like this.
  10. That would be a great idea Sirpixelot!

Boxpipe likes this.
  11. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Ikr :D

Maybe add tides too.. give it that sort of risk while sailing.
    For instance, you about to dock on shore. Suddenly some tide appears and smashes your boat against the shore. Ether beaching it... or destroying it. And by tides.. i mean when the water rises and falls... it could change how the game goes.

Boxpipe likes this.
  12. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

Yeah cause then you would have to plan your attack/reconnaissance according to the tides

<Admiral>ROW HARD AND FAST men so we can reach them asap!!!
    <Cool and smart sailor named lukepop>But sir We wont reach them well be swamped and those who survive will be sniped by the enemy.
    <Admiral.Shut up.
    TIme passes and the assault is well under oars when the tide changes and the admirals personal galleon is swampedand the other ships are set upon by the enemy navy when the tide went down and (they were all in dinghys so they were faster).
    <Enemy knight> Ha I killed you Admiral.
    <Lukepop sailor> (After he slays an enemy builder who was trying to take some wood from the admirals ship)Told ya!

Boxpipe likes this.
  13. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

This is correct. The tides should be fast and occurs at random times... reaching 3 blocks higher than normal when the tide comes, then goes back to normal.

Boxpipe and Razi like this.
  14. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

No they should be set so if you look a book in a library so its different per server and also an enemy can sneak in and plant an incorrect book so the enemy set sails and hit the seas at the wrong time.

Boxpipe likes this.
  15. D0ubl3Tr0ubl3

D0ubl3Tr0ubl3 Shopkeep Stealer

Tides would be epic.

Boxpipe likes this.
  16. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

War idea.

Why not have librarys for a different purpose..?
    Like for keeping "records" of the structures that have be built... kinda like in Zer0Striker's Level Up server.
    You build a home and you upgrade it to get more and more tech. But in this case when you upgrade buildings... you don't have to upgrade more buildings of the same type. If someone destroys said library, all knowledge is lost and you gotta start over.
    And the library could also include a map room on the side. In said map room would be maps that a player can grab and run off to survey the battlefield and when he comes back he just runs to the map room and the map is automatically updated to the current state of said battlefield. Maybe add some sort of carrier pigeon so if the player dies with the map the bird could ly home with it... enemies can kill the bird and get the map though btw. D:
    Best to put some kinda challenge up there

Boxpipe and BlauweSmurf like this.
  17. Lord_bugg

Lord_bugg Smashing Donator

Arent we getting ahed of ourselves a bit here? Boats havent even been released yet and people are already thinking of tides, libraries, houses, tidetables, carrier pidgeons, upgrading buildings. Im not saying they wouldnt be good editions to the game but slow down a bit, isnt one of KAG's main themes simplicity? If they were added they would take a long time to code and would make the game very very complicated.

Boxpipe, JacKD, FG and 1 other person like this.
  18. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Tis food for thought my good man. Nothing less nothing more. Serving it hot with a side of cold milk.
    Its not like Im force feeding this to the Devs... lol.

Boxpipe likes this.
  19. vampo

vampo alchemist Donator Tester

i also thought this. not sure if it's a great idea. i think it is, though, as stealing a bigger ship wouldn't be as much of a sudden turn around. (i'm assuming you'll be able to GTA enemy automoboats). i like that war mode is going to have more depth to it.

Boxpipe likes this.
  20. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Same here. I like those boats... looks cool.

What about the library idea... that workshop has been there for a while now... it seems logical to me atleast... its a damn library for Christ's sake! xD

Boxpipe and MINIMAN like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.