1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Read this first! Read me First! + General Texture Pack Help

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by Noburu, Feb 5, 2012.

1. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

KAG/Base/Sprites and it's world.png

2. Ourous

Ourous Tree Planter

I've already changed the tiles/blocks, but I mean the piles that you can pick up, after you hit them as a builder.

I can't see any image for those in world.png

3. FlamingDragon96

FlamingDragon96 Shark Slayer

Base/Entities/Items/Sprites
    Material Stacks

4. builder321

builder321 Shipwright

PLEAsE help i added a texture pack and now every time i try to log in it crashes and im not sure what to do :(

5. nkChehov

nkChehov Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

U probably delete\rename some files - Game check all of her game_needed files, and if she don`t find some, she expels u in to the real live =)
    Just reinstall it and do everything careful...

6. xioxio128

xioxio128 Shark Slayer

how to reset and get all the old textures back?

7. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

You can force an update that will replace all the original files. Go to KAG\App\ and find version.txt. Delete it, and open the KAG application. From there, it should work. :)
    However, it will not clear out any files that were put in separate folders or with different names. They won't affect the game; they'll just be there.

8. They are fantastic! half an hour? well done!

9. xioxio128

xioxio128 Shark Slayer

it didnt work :(

10. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

What exactly happened?

11. xioxio128

xioxio128 Shark Slayer

nothing the textures were the same
    but i fixed it by reinstalling it thx

12. Knolls

Knolls Bison Rider

I edited a sprite just for me to see in multiplayer, but it didn't change in game. What do I do?! :eek:

13. master-chief

master-chief Arsonist

yea could you guys tell me how to use a texture pack because the one that was already made just doesent gibve me enough detail to know how to mostly because i dont think anyone else here has my type of pc.

14. WarrFork

On mostly every texture pack, you download a .zip, so you can extract it with common programs like Winrar or with Windows. You can just Google it if you don't know how.

So, after you extracted it;
    - If it's just a folder named (Base), take it and put it in (C:\Users\yourname\KAG).
    - If it's just folders in like 'sprites' or 'GUI', open (C:\Users\yourname\KAG\Base) and add every folder you downloaded in this.

*I've supposed your KAG folder is in C: drive, if it's not, just change it to where is your installation folder.

15. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

Adding onto what WarrFork said, you can right click any file or shortcut and click "open file location" to immediately go onto that location.

16. Bint

Bint Haxor

What type of PC are you using then?

17. master-chief

master-chief Arsonist

yea i found out hiow to make it work as i hade to COPY AND REPLACE the kag base folder with the texture folder

18. Jojoha

Jojoha Builder Stabber

Hello, i am currently having a problem at making sprites for each team, well when i want to make a sprite for each team i see only knightMale and knightFemale sprites, both of them are blue, i cannot find a sprite with them red, if i change the knightMale's armour color to black it goes for both blue and red, am i missing something?

19. WarrFork

There is only sprites for blues. You can edit the color of reds in TeamPalette.png
    As you can see in mine, I switched the red for orange. TeamPalette.png :left: There.
    So, for reds, it load the sprites of blues and convert the color with the second line in TeamPalette.png

As example, since I guess you would want the red team in white because the other one is black, you would need to recolor the red in white.

20. Jojoha

Jojoha Builder Stabber

So if i switch blue to cyan and red to oranje will blue be cyan and red oranje?