1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Custom Heads for KAG.

Discussion in 'Community Dev Corner' started by paradoxicalenigma, Nov 5, 2012.

Mods: Downburst, Mazey
  1. paradoxicalenigma

paradoxicalenigma Arsonist

We have all sorts of cool ideas that we would like to see within the game, so why don't we help out? I was thinking that the devs are already spending all of their time, fine-tuning and creating the main aspects of the game at the moment and won't have anytime to work on the little things. So, I was wondering if there would be anyone else interested in creating sprite heads to be put into the game?

What I mean by this, is that we volunteer and donate artwork and sprite heads to be used in the game, offically. There is supposed to be hundreds of different heads available by the time the game is finished, and we can help speed up this process.

This is of course if we are able to come up with something proffesional and the devs are willing to take a few in. Heads are rather simple to do, and instead of the devs wasting their time doing this, we can, so that the devs can keep on working and implementing newer and cooler features.:p

I understand that you can have all sorts of custom heads that you can mod your game with, but I want everyone else to see the cool head that I have on. So, putting it in officially will solve this problem.:)

This is meant as a contribution to the game, and if anyone else is interested in doing this with me will have to realize that we are volunteering to help out with a little portion of the game, and should not expect anything else in return.

Anyways let me know what you guys think.:rollseyes:
    </br>--- merged: Nov 5, 2012 7:08 AM ---</br>
    I will begin on working on some of the sprites now and will eventually post a few up for display.

2. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

3. paradoxicalenigma

Thanks alot Para :D:thumbs_up:

4. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

Good point. It`s good we share similar idieas here.

I thought some time ago we would need some sort of system for us and the devs to easly submit and implement hats. But I also thought we should agree they use our work without giving us any credits. People have great ideas here and it`ll be a shame if we won`t see their creations in-game.

paradoxicalenigma likes this.
  5. paradoxicalenigma

This is exactly what I am trying to get at. I would love for people to pour their ideas into this thread. I have already begun making some heads, and any additional ideas apart from my own will be appreciated, or even contributions.

6. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

I think it would be best if we will get an official answer from Geti, and maybe even a sub-forum dedicated ONLY to submissions for in-game implementation.

But yeah, first of all we need an official "YES".

7. paradoxicalenigma

All heads that are posted here will of course be under the scrutiny of the devs. This also means that any heads that are posted here also needs to be part of the KAG theme, with some exceptions I hope, but we want to keep it as much KAG as we can. Unless you guys think otherwise. :D
    </br>--- merged: Nov 5, 2012 8:58 AM ---</br>

I think that we just need to get the ball rolling, once we do that, then we can have the devs take a peek.
    </br>--- merged: Nov 5, 2012 9:03 AM ---</br>
    If it is possible for you to involve anyone else into this, that would be great. Ill post some of my works very soon as well as a kinda start up. ;)

laurentiu likes this.
  8. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

I'd like to remind you that existing heads don't really conform to a strict theme. See: egyptian, rice farmer, top hat, and pumpkin.

Whatever looks good should be more important.

justi01 likes this.
  9. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

I can try to make heads/hats .

Maybe we could start a PM with all the people contribute on this.

10. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

So the main thing is just come up with ideas for hats/heads huh...? Just simply draw a pic of a hat and post it here? Cuz if that's the case I'd love to contribute a bit. :3

One does not simply post hats/heads here. Only Chuck Norris. :B

11. Aer

Aer Shipwright

ill drop a few the week :) love to see them in game

12. FG

FG Fran Donator

Screen shot 2012-11-06 at 10.47.41 AM.png Screen shot 2012-11-06 at 10.50.19 AM.png Screen shot 2012-11-06 at 10.53.19 AM.png Screen shot 2012-11-06 at 10.55.41 AM.png Screen shot 2012-11-06 at 10.57.58 AM.png Screen shot 2012-11-06 at 10.59.44 AM.png Screen shot 2012-11-06 at 11.01.36 AM.png Screen shot 2012-11-06 at 11.03.30 AM.png

Berets. :gear::hammer::gear::yes: very easy to make.

FemaleHeads1.png :left: its there.

13. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Just remember:
    -Your heads may well not be implemented if they are not up to par, as per the devs' judgement
    -You are donating all ownership rights of the head to the devs, if they take it. That means you might not be recognized for its creation.

Last of all, if you want ideas, there are plenty here: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/future-hats.4246/

paradoxicalenigma and FG like this.
  14. FG

FG Fran Donator

yeah,the future hats thread would be very helpful.(I don't mind if they aren't put in i made them for fun.)
    :thumbs_up:25252525:thumbs_up:

15. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

To make a long story short.

We have the technology.

16. paradoxicalenigma

This is really great, if you have anymore then we would like to know! I wanna pour everything we got into a convoluted piece of awesome for the devs to look at. :rollseyes:

The Berets look great! The main thing is either they have the standard blue color, so that it can alternate between teams, or a single color used for both.

I am also currently in the works and will be posting some results soon.
    </br>--- merged: Nov 6, 2012 7:24 AM ---</br>

You sir, are amazing ;)
    </br>--- merged: Nov 6, 2012 7:45 AM ---</br>

You make a great point! :D

17. trot888

trot888 Bison Rider

Hmm, I guess it's called texture packs, There is no need to make some new heads textures..... But thanks for posting this, It's a very good post.

18. ParaLogia

You don't understand. Texture packs just replace existing textures with new ones, and only the player using them sees them.
    This thread is about actually contributing heads to KAG officially, as in anyone could choose them, just like the heads we already have.

paradoxicalenigma and trot888 like this.
  19. trot888

trot888 Bison Rider

Ok, I understand.

20. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

newhatred.png newhatblue.png
    Inspiration:
    [​IMG]

Mods: Downburst, Mazey