1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Mount Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wired, May 5, 2012.

?

Do you want mounts in the game?

1. Yes

198 vote(s)
    86.8%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    9.6%
  3. Other (Please specify below)

8 vote(s)
    3.5%
  1. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

I think it's just hilarious that knights don't sink, what with their iron armor. Unless they surf with their shields, they should sink when Boats come out. (But make that a server-side option.)

2. acridstone

acridstone Horde Gibber

But I mean, archers and builders should still float anyway. After all, the archer only carries a bow and the builder only a pick; a human's bouyancy would permit them to float with ease(unless they really tried to drown themselves by continuing to swim downwards).

Freshwater has a density of 1g/cm3
    Saltwater has a density of 1.024g/cm3, therefore having a higher density

he average male has a density of 0.98g/cm3 and the average female 0.97g/cm3. We can deduce therefore that most human beings will float to a certain degree, with a small amount of the body staying above the water surface.

3. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

No they shouldn't, there were no swimming lessons back then. But we're veering off-topic.

4. Darcia

Darcia Chief Fur Love Director <3 Donator Tester

Already proved this wrong. It's easy for a trained knight to stay above water.

5. Exid

Exid Shark Slayer

the Knights armor doesn't do anything anyway, why can't it help us float?

6. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I don't know, mounts would have to be implemented really good for it to be worthwhile. It would be really great for the two RP servers out there though.

7. ArthropodOfDoom

ArthropodOfDoom Catapult Fodder

I would love to have spiders, crabs, and lobsters.
    They all seem pretty cool.

8. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

What would they be for though?

9. why not just plain old yoshi

Lord_bugg and Creille like this.
  10. flipperz

flipperz Shopkeep Stealer

Yes mounts!

11. Lord_bugg

Lord_bugg Smashing Donator

The best thing would obviously be shooting someone while riding a giant eagle around the map. :)
    :zchicken:+:archer:= :spam:

12. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

Personally I dont like mounts because of how annoying it gets in mount and blade, and I can see that happening in kag too. That and I just like infantry only in medieval era games, but I guess there's no point arguing now with 12 vs 126.

13. Brandon816

Brandon816 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Someone has obviously never played bowmaster. If giant eagles get brought in for archers, flak arrows will be brought in to counter them.

Villekille707 likes this.
  14. Call_of_duty_guy

Call_of_duty_guy Shopkeep Stealer

Do you want mounts in the game? Hell yeah!
    What mounts do you want in game? Horses and wagons (wagons being dragged by builders :3)
    What's your dream mount? flying zombie pig
    Should all classes be aloud mounts or just melee or range? only the melee should be able to get mounts but archers should be able to snipe the riders off of the mounts and builders just dig holes and build walls

15. Ninja12

Ninja12 Haxor

All classes get mounts, different types of horses, and when Bisons come out, those can be the horses.
    THE END.

Bisons come out, those can be the horses.

They can either have different mounts, or they can look different.

16. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Good for you, friend. I guess we should all have realised that in the time since May, huh? And the length of time it's taken us all to think upon this topic in the month it hasn't even been whispered upon probably means that most people have some kind of really deep and perceptive point to broach with the rest of the cohort.

I'm glad you cleared this up for us, Mr. Ninja. We could have been arguing about this for weeks, maybe even months, years! You're a breath of fresh air, compared to the stale old used muck that we normally get, especially since the previous times those facts have been cycled were simply not as well stated as this instance. I love a man who can read what is written just as well as the rest of us, because it shows us all that there are very few free-thinking persons around, who can put a stop to the endless non-discussion of long-dead topics.

I salute you.

FuzzyBlueBaron, Monsteri and Mulpy like this.
  17. Ya, bison-copters as well hella. In case you didn't know

18. justi01

justi01 Haxor

How this thread is still alive, I will never know.

19. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

It's not technically *alive* at the moment, it was just thread necromancer'd much more than it needed to be.

EDIT: Also, what the hell was the point of the last necropost?

20. Formed_Zeus

Formed_Zeus Shipwright

Dream mount is pony. I better be able to sprite them to be pastel colored, or I'm going to be deeply upset. I imagine Vermin Supreme would be too.

Also, It'd be cool if we could throw bombs off of your pony. Actually, no, the cool part of that would be holding the bomb for too long and gibbing you and your pony.